cambridgeshire canary

Wagner talks about incoming players and transfers..

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"I don't know" 🙃

I think David Wagner's entered Donald Rumsfeld territory, who famously said:

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns-the ones we don't know we don't know."

5 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns-the ones we don't know we don't know."

Rumsfeld was a proper winker, but I've always thought that was a very good statement.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Beautiful sums up Norwich City Football club 😆

5 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-and-norwich-city-should-look-to-hijack-blackburn-deal-after-complication/

I know We're reasonably well stocked at cb, but this is the sort of young, low risk, low fee player we should trying to be buying. Has league experience so a step up on all our up and coming academy players, and we have to look beyond Duffy,  Batth and Hanley, even though we have Warner and Thompkinson etc developing 

What can we offer, seventh place in the CB queue? Not very tempting.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

What can we offer, seventh place in the CB queue? Not very tempting.

Well we could get shot of the has beens for a start

12 minutes ago, deltic31 said:

We are not going to replace him. Apparently we have a glut of strikers! 😀

Yep when one or more of Sargent, Idah or Barnes gets injured, suspended or loses form we have Gibbs of course…Hmmm

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Rumsfeld was a proper winker, but I've always thought that was a very good statement.

Yes, never understood why he got so much grief for that. It makes perfect sense and is in completely plain English. He did a lot worse.

I think little to nothing will happen this month.

I would like to think that Knapper has somebody lined up in the summer who is not currently available and will start to address things once he is in place. Therefore Wagner is just keeping the seat warm, for better or worse. 

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Yep when one or more of Sargent, Idah or Barnes gets injured, suspended or loses form we have Gibbs of course…Hmmm

Nah, Kenny will be pushed forward! 😉 

The only way we could get players in is sell Rowe to West Ham if this happens let’s hope we don’t anymore over 30 years old as we need young players to build for the future.

It depends where the faith of the club is, I suppose. We've recently had Wagner confirm the aim is still playoffs, and if that be the case, our squad needs to be altered as it is misfiring.

Personally I resigned the notion of going up or down months ago, it's now about next season. So I think keeping the powder dry and properly planning is likely the best option, especially as many positions we might strengthen will currently knock our own young players further down the pecking order. Any old player will not do.

• Like 1