cambridgeshire canary

Webber still in control of the club?

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who's Steve Cook? And why is his opinion worth anything of note?

Employee of the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation, the trustees of whom are:

Capture.JPG.e9d1ff2d26343be768f75477cb9826ed.JPG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The notion that our ex sporting director is running the club vicariously through his wife for no money

I thought MWJ confirmed in the post-AGM interviews that he was being paid by us until March.

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I thought MWJ confirmed in the post-AGM interviews that he was being paid by us until March.

He did, he is still enjoying the NCFC gravy train.

My genuine advice to those remaining weirdoes who have propped up the board and senior leadership team in the recent past is to go to ground because I suspect it’s about to get super spicy.

So now it's Steve Cook vs Chris Reeve. What a competition for ITK Twitter postings.

I'm wondering how this works.

Does Stuart ring Zoe and ask "Can you tell me what Knappers thinking about right now? I need to undermine it." 

"But Stu, you don't work here anymore and you're spending 5 days a week training for climbing?"

"That's ok, priorities. This is what you need to do and how you need to do it. Now, Knapper might tell you that you're not involved in this part of NCFC but tell him he's wrong and just do what I say".

6 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Yeah I don't think this is quite the massive leap people seem to think it is.

He's still on the payroll and while I doubt he's coming in to work still every day I wouldn't be shocked if key people at the club are asking for his input on big decisions and Knapper is being asked to check certain things with Webber while he gets his feet under the table. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

He's still on the payroll and while I doubt he's coming in to work still every day I wouldn't be shocked if key people at the club are asking for his input on big decisions and Knapper is being asked to check certain things with Webber while he gets his feet under the table. 

This is 100% unacceptable and fans that think it is need to check themselves out.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

You say that, but at how many other clubs where a failed Sporting Director leaves a job do they stick around and "help out" the other guy.

I suspect you're right and that is what's happening. But even that is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

You say that, but at how many other clubs where a failed Sporting Director leaves a job do they stick around and "help out" the other guy.

I suspect you're right and that is what's happening. But even that is ridiculous.

Oh yeah I agree if its happening it shouldn't be- I'm more responding to the people who suggest it is completely fanciful that Webber still has any influence here.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Knapper can't even criticise the previous regime, a luxury afforded to Stuart Webber who took full advantage of that, because Knapper's boss is married to his predecessor. 

And every decision made by Knapper going forward is going to be judged by Zoe Ward based on what her husbands opinion of that decision is.

Ward has to go too before we can see real change.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Knapper can't even criticise the previous regime, a luxury afforded to Stuart Webber who took full advantage of that, because Knapper's boss is married to his predecessor. 

It's just insane, to be perfectly honest.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

If it's just phoning him to ask where the petty cash box is for buying custard creams for meetings, fair enough.

Regarding 'big' decisions, it depends on what you mean by 'input'. There may be files that need accessing, for example, or questions about where information is stored on a computer, or questions about who to contact if we are interested in a player from Ecuador. Having said that, Adams should be able to answer all of these kinds of questions, assuming he was a real vice SD and not just a nominal one.

But someone who has resigned, and who effectively needed to be pressurised into not getting involved in key future decisions, should have absolutely nothing to do with them.

Webber is history, or should be. But like the proverbial turd, he refuses to flush. 

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

You don't have to try hard to discredit one bloke on Twitter saying something and half the gullible on here immediately taking it as gospel!

Some random blokes on twitter carry more weight than others though don't they.

You'd expect somebody who is mates with Darren Huckerby, who is employed by the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation, which has Zoe Webber as a trustee, and who has only got the Pro License left to do to complete the set, would have access to people in the know and be pretty confident in their assertions before pushing a button which could jeopardise their employment status.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Ward has to go too before we can see real change.

Absolutely. It's disgraceful that she remains, and a perfect example of how the owners and Board think they are above either criticism or oversight. It makes our club look pathetically amateur.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Some random blokes on twitter carry more weight than others though don't they.

You'd expect somebody who is mates with Darren Huckerby, who is employed by the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation, which has Zoe Webber as a trustee, and who has only got the Pro License left to do to complete the set, would have access to people in the know and be pretty confident in their assertions before pushing a button which could jeopardise their employment status.

I think the way @king canary presents it probably has a small amount of validation but then if Knapper has different views it's his job, literally, to apply them. 

Either way, this is probably good news for Knapper. He's been accused of not doing anything so at least this way, everyone can claim Webber has somehow, from some training camp, stopped Knapper from sacking Wagner so it's no longer his fault.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think the way @king canary presents it probably has a small amount of validation but then if Knapper has different views it's his job, literally, to apply them. 

Either way, this is probably good news for Knapper. He's been accused of not doing anything so at least this way, everyone can claim Webber has somehow, from some training camp, stopped Knapper from sacking Wagner so it's no longer his fault.

Is he at some training camp? I know he climbed Chimborazo in Ecuador a few months back, I wouldn't be surprised if he's now at home doing some gym work. Someone I know saw him watching his kid play football at Old Catton a few weeks back. It's not the feat it once was. Rich people with personality disorders have poured so much money into it that there are so many guides and Sherpas to basically do it all for you that legs are not even a requirement anymore. I can almost guarantee you that there will be people on the mountain with him who've never been as high as Kinder Scout and won't even wear a backpack the entire time they're on the expedition.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So now it's Steve Cook vs Chris Reeve. What a competition for ITK Twitter postings.

I'm wondering how this works.

Does Stuart ring Zoe and ask "Can you tell me what Knappers thinking about right now? I need to undermine it." 

"But Stu, you don't work here anymore and you're spending 5 days a week training for climbing?"

"That's ok, priorities. This is what you need to do and how you need to do it. Now, Knapper might tell you that you're not involved in this part of NCFC but tell him he's wrong and just do what I say".

Your sarcasm does you no credit in this one, Hogesar. Like you, I currently doubt that there is much to this, but Steve Cook is not the usual Twitterati wannabe, and so therefore I think his accusation needs to be taken seriously and at least investigated.

Plus, as others have said, this raises yet again the issues around Ward being Knapper's boss and the problems of a Board that effectively thinks it is beyond oversight, as shown by Smith's behaviour at the AGM.

Edited by canarybubbles

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Is he at some training camp? I know he climbed Chimborazo in Ecuador a few months back, I wouldn't be surprised if he's now at home doing some gym work. Someone I know saw him watching his kid play football at Old Catton a few weeks back. It's not the feat it once was. Rich people with personality disorders have poured so much money into it that there are so many guides and Sherpas to basically do it all for you that legs are not even a requirement anymore. I can almost guarantee you that there will be people on the mountain with him who've never been as high as Kinder Scout and won't even wear a backpack the entire time they're on the expedition.

I'm not sure - he was on one as they had to re-arrange that VSI SD podcast but no idea what he's doing right this second. I doubt he's at Colney, mind.

is it possible Webber will get another guard of honour when he finally, really goes?

at Carrow Road so we fans can really show our feelings towards him

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You know more than me then. I keep asking these questions to the experts on here but I'm met with a wall of silence. So all I have is what Absentassio said in the AGM interviews. But is he to be believed...

Hi @nutty nigel, I've set out on the Bridget thread why Attanasio is Absentassio. I see it down to the fact the EFL has still not confirmed he has passed their Owners and Directors test. Without that being passed, he is still a minority shareholder, still in the minority as far as Board control is concerned. He will not be doing anything to upset the apple cart until the EFL announcement is made, the deal could still get called off. What happens after the announcement will also be coloured by the remaining two years of the concord between him and Smith & Jones. You may not like my conclusion on this, but until the EFL confirms its stance, Smith & Jones are still very much in charge, everything that is currently happening at the moment lays at their door. 

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Hi @nutty nigel, I've set out on the Bridget thread why Attanasio is Absentassio. I see it down to the fact the EFL has still not confirmed he has passed their Owners and Directors test. Without that being passed, he is still a minority shareholder, still in the minority as far as Board control is concerned. He will not be doing anything to upset the apple cart until the EFL announcement is made, the deal could still get called off. What happens after the announcement will also be coloured by the remaining two years of the concord between him and Smith & Jones. You may not like my conclusion on this, but until the EFL confirms its stance, Smith & Jones are still very much in charge, everything that is currently happening at the moment lays at their door. 

Can I ask you something I genuinely don't understand? You say that S&J are still in charge because the deal could still get called off, but how about the money Attanasio has loaned to the club? Could he just demand it back if S&J call the deal off? If so, isn't he the person really in charge?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So is that true? Or just another guess?

If this is true, then it's perfectly legitimate for things to turn at the next home game. What on earth are the board thinking? Crazy.

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Can I ask you something I genuinely don't understand? You say that S&J are still in charge because the deal could still get called off, but how about the money Attanasio has loaned to the club? Could he just demand it back if S&J call the deal off? If so, isn't he the person really in charge?

I agree, the money is a strong hold over the rest of the Board, but to get any semblance of return on that investment he has to have "skin in the game" still, so the EFL clearing his share purchase is absolutely vital for this otherwise he risks losing a lot of money (indeed not just him but his own investors). Hence my view is that he is playing a waiting game and tiptoeing around delicate decisions in the Boardroom, deferring to Smith & jones on any decision they have any feeling on. As witnessed by the infamous, and disastrous, AGM interview. 

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

I agree, the money is a strong hold over the rest of the Board, but to get any semblance of return on that investment he has to have "skin in the game" still, so the EFL clearing his share purchase is absolutely vital for this otherwise he risks losing a lot of money (indeed not just him but his own investors). Hence my view is that he is playing a waiting game and tiptoeing around delicate decisions in the Boardroom, deferring to Smith & jones on any decision they have any feeling on. As witnessed by the infamous, and disastrous, AGM interview. 

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if he's wishing he'd picked a different club? Ours seems like a basket case right now.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So is that true? Or just another guess?

There are a lot of facts in that statement Nutty regarding current shareholding and thus "legal" position of control at the club. The importance of the EFL announcement and Attanasio needing it to be positive are indeed opinion (or a guess), but I have clearly stated I have no clue as to how Attanasio will react when the EFL announces its decision. If you disagree with any of that statement, instead of asking more questions perhaps share your own opinion?

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I keep telling you, Indy, but you keep on not believing me!😍

Is it official yet?

10 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't

I don't think Hogesar's trying hard to discredit it at all. The notion that our ex sporting director is running the club vicariously through his wife for no money and for no personal benefit while the new sporting director just sits back is so profoundly stupid that it beggars belief there's a thread discussing the notion. running the club is probably far fetched.

Running the club is far fetched and I don’t believe that. 

But you’re confident he has no influence whatsoever with his Wife on the board? Especially when Delia liked him so much and he was due to be here till March? If you think that he doesn’t, you’re profoundly naive.

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I love the idea that Webber is still running the club and then can just walk up Everest. It needs months of serious training to try to avoid dying on the mountain.

Indeed it’s more like years! So a couple months is not going to make much of a difference, if he’s not conditioned yet he might struggle come May! 

13 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

No of course not, as mentioned elsewhere until it’s officially sanctioned and signed off MA is no more than a minority shareholder and loaner to the club! Of course he can call in his debt to pressure the club but then the current owners could restructure the debt and pay him back too, the assets of the club could be borrowed on and leave MA as minority shareholder.

Lots could still happen! But hopefully it’s going through and we will eventually get that change after what will be 30 years!