cambridgeshire canary

Webber still in control of the club?

Just now, The Real Buh said:

It also suggests they’ve hired someone highly unqualified whom they don’t fully trust in Knapper

oh, and the guy responsible for the absolute shower of a squad we currently have is in command of the current window

We need to give the board absolute pelters in the next home game, if they’ve got the guts to show up.

What is your answer to all that is wrong at NCFC. I agree with you, but what is your answer? Do you think we need a senior football mind to support the board in their decisions? That would be my first change. I don't think any of us have the perfect choices. But I would like to here what you would suggest. If just sacking people is the way forward, please elaborate

All those clinging on to supporting the owners and the bird if ask you to re-evaluated your position.

The stuff that’s probably about to leak, you might want to consider what side of history you are on

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

What is your answer to all that is wrong at NCFC. I agree with you, but what is your answer? Do you think we need a senior football mind to support the board in their decisions? That would be my first change. I don't think any of us have the perfect choices. But I would like to here what you would suggest. If just sacking people is the way forward, please elaborate

I should be in charge

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

What is not at all surprising is that a poster who has never displayed any inside knowledge of the club’s workings quotes someone who equally is not claiming any such inside knowledge who is themselves quoting an unnamed source who has not provided any evidence that they have such inside knowledge…and that this is immediately taken by posters as verified truth.

I used to work with  the brother of someone who worked at Carrow Road back in the late 90’s and Joe used to **** me frequently if I posted info handed to me on the old Norwich forum! 
I know it’s difficult for posters on here to believe but a lot of people work for Norwich who at work might come across certain info then pass it on! Pretty standard stuff really!

That said I don’t believe Webber has any day to day influence, Knapper wouldn’t allow it, it’s his job now and he’ll do it his way. If he feels he can get help from Webber then good for him, he should use experience of Webber as a tool and then make his choices in his mind based on all info and opinions if needed. Nothing wrong in that!

As I posted earlier Delia & the Webbers are friends and will be so it’s natural thing to keep channels open if it’s needed. He’s still technically involved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I should be in charge

You might be the best thing this club has ever had. You might not. As much as I would back you, this is unlikely to happen. But what would you do? Football wise and off the field? Like I have said, change is needed. What would you do if Delia handed you the club tomorrow? 

Just now, Unthink road said:

You might be the best thing this club has ever had. You might not. As much as I would back you, this is unlikely to happen. But what would you do? Football wise and off the field? Like I have said, change is needed. What would you do if Delia handed you the club tomorrow? 

Go to bed Stuart 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I used to work with  the brother of someone who worked at Carrow Road back in the late 90’s and Joe used to **** me frequently if I posted info handed to me on the old Norwich forum! 
I know it’s difficult for posters on here to believe but a lot of people work for Norwich who at work might come across certain info then pass it on! Pretty standard stuff really!

That said I don’t believe Webber has any day to day influence, Knapper wouldn’t allow it, it’s his job now and he’ll do it his way. If he feels he can get help from Webber then good for him, he should use experience of Webber as a tool and then make his choices in his mind based on all info and opinions if needed. Nothing wrong in that!

As I posted earlier Delia & the Webbers are friends and will be so it’s natural thing to keep channels open if it’s needed. He’s still technically involved.

He used to do what to you frequently??? 

• Haha 2

Go to bed Stuart 

You've go no answers have you? I agree with you that we need change, but you can't respond. I'm not against you, I didn't think Webber was ultimately good for this club. Come on, what would you change? 

Just now, Virtual reality said:

He used to do what to you frequently??? 

Tell me off and threaten to ban me! I miss Joe he was a lovely guy and did a great job for the club. Not spoken to him in a while!

1 minute ago, Unthink road said:

You've go no answers have you? I agree with you that we need change, but you can't respond. I'm not against you, I didn't think Webber was ultimately good for this club. Come on, what would you change? 

I’m giving you the response you deserve, Stuart.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

This doesn’t surprise me one bit 

Nor me, mentioned it before. His Wife is a director - how can anyone be surprised while she’s still here?

Is a real **** show in terms of governance.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

That’s something no one can argue with!

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

That’s something no one can argue with!

80%

Still, STILL!! Will.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Nor me, mentioned it before. His Wife is a director - how can anyone be surprised while she’s still here?

If he’s working remotely or from colney who would even know? It’s not like many of us are at Colney day in day out. 

I’m giving you the response you deserve, Stuart.

Just asking you what you would do to improve the mess Webber left behind. We all have opinions, right or wrong. I have always liked your humour and passion, don't even disagree with prognosis of the club and how it's run. But sometimes, some fiber detail on how you think the club should be run would enhance your position. If not people will always think you're a Ipswich supporter, on here as a wind up. 

Just now, Unthink road said:

Just asking you what you would do to improve the mess Webber left behind. We all have opinions, right or wrong. I have always liked your humour and passion, don't even disagree with prognosis of the club and how it's run. But sometimes, some fiber detail on how you think the club should be run would enhance your position. If not people will always think you're a Ipswich supporter, on here as a wind up. 

80%er detected

• Confused 1

80%er detected

Again, I agree with you. Change is needed. What is the answer? The more you react they way you have been, people will reaffirm their opinion you are an Ipswich supporter stirring on this site. If you want to private message me and talk about things, please do. 

1 minute ago, Unthink road said:

Again, I agree with you. Change is needed. What is the answer? The more you react they way you have been, people will reaffirm their opinion you are an Ipswich supporter stirring on this site. If you want to private message me and talk about things, please do. 

Nobody on here thinks I’m an Ipswich fan, Stu.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

One thing is for sure - whilst the language of the goodbye statement didn’t say he was stopping work with immediate effect - it certainly said he’d left Colney for the last time, and the tone of it + the guard of honour + Knapper’s early start would be incredibly disingenuous from the club IF Webber is still playing a significant role behind the scenes until his contract ends in March. It also wasn’t mentioned in any form at the AGM, I don’t believe. 

Edited by S_81

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Nobody on here thinks I’m an Ipswich fan, Stu.

I don't think you are. Most of the time I agree with your state of this club. Hopefully the future will bring the type of football you and I expect. All I have asked is what you would do? , if you had control. I think we need a senior football figure to support the board in their decisions. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Indy said:

The club is to big and to many people to stop word getting out ,

My Man has not said anything he would know for sure maybe he is being quiet on this one or maybe it is not true 

One of either MA Delia MWJ said at the AGM interview He was still contracted and considered a good friend 

i think he might be helping knapper run through his transfer targets etc

what he had been working on as we know they are scouted well in advance might as well hear what he says instead of just leaving with knowledge gained ?

that's a guess not ITK 

Webbers signings have not been very good recently but if i was Knapper i would at least listen to Webber you never know what you will learn ,

Always listen and filter what is useful and what is not is good advice 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

I don't think you are. Most of the time I agree with your state of this club. Hopefully the future will bring the type of football you and I expect. All I have asked is what you would do? , if you had control. I think we need a senior football figure to support the board in their decisions. 

Keep dreaming I’m going to PM you, Stu.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

What is not at all surprising is that a poster who has never displayed any inside knowledge of the club’s workings quotes someone who equally is not claiming any such inside knowledge who is themselves quoting an unnamed source who has not provided any evidence that they have such inside knowledge…and that this is immediately taken by posters as verified truth.

I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread and as we all know I hardly think a lot of our fans are high up on the genius scale.

This one takes the stupid biscuit, eats it, nips out to the takeaway for a stupid kebab and eats that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It's very unlike the British to believe in something with no proof, evidence or an facts to back up their case.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Keep dreaming I’m going to PM you, Stu.

Fair enough. I still think you'll get promoted. Leeds seem to be bottling it. Think my club Norwich could learn alot from you lot down the road. 

The 80%ers will call Webber still being involved a tactical masterclass.

Absolutely sick of them

• Haha 1

Not only is Stuart still involved. He actually takes charge of most training sessions with the first team.

He comes back to Colney twice a week still for the contract raffle, whoever gets the lucky number gets a 3 year extension.

Wagner is still Webbers puppet, they have 24/7 comms and Webber delivers the half time team talks.

Covid was a conspiracy and Joey Barton is an academic genius waiting for his own talk show to be taken on by Channel 4.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Not only is Stuart still involved. He actually takes charge of most training sessions with the first team.

He comes back to Colney twice a week still for the contract raffle, whoever gets the lucky number gets a 3 year extension.

Wagner is still Webbers puppet, they have 24/7 comms and Webber delivers the half time team talks.

Covid was a conspiracy and Joey Barton is an academic genius waiting for his own talk show to be taken on by Channel 4.

Webber could take a s41t on your lounge carpet and you’d clap him on though tbf

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1