Hate to say it but reading this back is quite tragic. We all sound a bit sad, pathetic and jealous. 

• Haha 2

On 20/12/2023 at 21:47, Google Bot said:

Leeds are notorious for choking, I just don't think the pressure is on Ipswich enough for them to crumble personally.  I get the impression this is all a bonus for them, and not expected.

I can see ipswich doing what we did under lambert. As long as they don't beat us and go up, I'd happily watch them get pumped every week in the PL, hopefully they will take the record for lowest points tally too...

20 minutes ago, Yella said:

Hate to say it but reading this back is quite tragic. We all sound a bit sad, pathetic and jealous. 

Member since 1st Aug, and the only post is a bleat in defence of the binners. Hmm....

• Like 1

Oh it seems I'm the only adult here. Sorry to interrupt. 

If you get a chance though please do read this thread back. It doesn't reflect us in a good light 

1 minute ago, Yella said:

If you get a chance though please do read this thread back. It doesn't reflect us in a good light 

Or you could take your own advice with your posts.*

If you don’t get the self-conscious melodrama and bombast of ‘Ipswich-Norwich’ then i humbly contend you don’t get Norwich. Whatever it is, it’s  not supposed to be the exercise in humility or promotion of advertising-friendly values that you’re after.

*You may yet get a write-up in the Times

5 minutes ago, Yella said:

And TWTD makes the binners look good? Go back to your own forum and leave us to count the years of domination.

12 minutes ago, Yella said:

14 years

18 minutes ago, Yella said:

us ?

images.jpg.6d7017a4094644a5fb3ee34643f5dddf.jpg

Edited by RobJames
  • Haha 2

Had Pisswich won last week they would have been on here in droves.

As it is, 14 years and counting and even in my 60 years, that's nearly a quarter of my lifetime. 😁

9 minutes ago, duke63 said:

As it is, 14 years and counting and even in my 60 years, that's nearly a quarter of my lifetime. 😁

Still find it funny how they all lined up with the Pyros for the team bus like a guard of honour, painted the whole town blue, got all the local kids to wear ipswich kits, were partying and celebrating all morning before kickoff, even went and set fireworks off at a hotel they thought our players were staying at at 3am(they weren't 😂) and treating the match like a world cup final and celebrating like they already won before kickoff..

And now a week later we get binners on here claiming it was just another match for them and even had one on here saying they didn't want to win anyway and how it was a good thing they didn't win

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still find it funny how they all lined up with the Pyros for the team bus like a guard of honour, painted the whole town blue, got all the local kids to wear ipswich kits, were partying and celebrating all morning before kickoff, even went and set fireworks off at a hotel they thought our players were staying at at 3am(they weren't 😂) and treating the match like a world cup final and celebrating like they already won before kickoff..

And now a week later we get binners on here claiming it was just another match for them and even had one on here saying they didn't want to win anyway and how it was a good thing they didn't win

TBF, it was a good thing they didn't win. Just not for them. 😄

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, duke63 said:

The last time the binners won anything is twice the life time of many of the young binners attacking Delias car.

And the last time they were in the PL, none of them were even born.

How embarrassing.......... or is that

''oh no, how awful"

Edited by RobJames
  • Haha 1

It is a shame Ipswich haven't participated in the Prem for 20 years but we've been there recently and not really achieved anything of note. Are glory years of defeating Bayern Munich once are in the dark distant past so we really shouldn't keep bringing that up. I just cringe when i read us harping on about the '14 years dominance' as it's just a bit naff. Is that really all we have? 

25 minutes ago, RobJames said:

The last time the binners won anything is twice the life time of many of the young binners attacking Delias car.

Even the League 1 title was beyond them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

Christ, same here. That really is a long time! 🙂 

43 minutes ago, Yella said:

It is a shame Ipswich haven't participated in the Prem for 20 years but we've been there recently and not really achieved anything of note. Are glory years of defeating Bayern Munich once are in the dark distant past so we really shouldn't keep bringing that up. I just cringe when i read us harping on about the '14 years dominance' as it's just a bit naff. Is that really all we have? 

Pretending to be a Norwich fan, and doing a terrible job in any case, is infinitely more naff & cringe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

And what of us in those fourteen years, apart from 3 league titles, a big shining trophy at Wembley. And while the bin lorry was visiting Accrington and Fleetwood, City were visting Anfield and Old Trafford.

Full houses verses 12,000 in the cowshed of suffolk. Were you to stretch that to the 20 years the binners have been outside the PL, then you can add yet ANOTHER league title. Poor binners.so long in their neighbour's shadow.  Even Hank Marvin hasn't been in the shadows as long as the binners.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Yella said:

Can anyone else smell bins?

51 minutes ago, Yella said:

"re glory years of defeating Bayern Munich once are in the dark distant past so we really shouldn't keep bringing that up." No one does, whereas you binfolk bleat incessantly about your 'glorious history'. So much that even Macarthy pulled the pss out of your lot. But then seeing what you have won in the past 40 years (one trophy v our seven, yes bin boy seven)  is it any wonder grandads medals are all you have to cling to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yella said:

I’m actually quite mild-mannered about the binmen as have a number of family from there - I definitely don’t go in for the vitriol - but two points: the 14 years thing IS funny (and they’d go on and on about it if the shoe was on the other foot), and even I couldn’t stretch things far enough to say it’s a ‘shame’ they’ve not been in the PL for years.

I’d give up if I were you. 

Great to see some really measured, grown-up responses from fellow yella's. I just hope in time we can win something meaningful so we don't have to pretend our rival's achievements are insignificant and beneath us. I still remember those glorious year of finishing third in the Prem and wouldn't expect anyone to see that as anything other that a fabulous trophy - the equivalent as the UEFA won by that lot just twelve years previous. I find it really galling that despite them being dreadful for 20 years they've still played European football more recently than us. Grrrrrrr nash nash! On the ball city.

The suspicion of a whiff has now turned into a definite noseful of a nasty blue cheese (pitiful thin veneer of yellow outside, rotten stinking blue underneath)

32 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

The suspicion of a whiff has now turned into a definite noseful of a nasty blue cheese (pitiful thin veneer of yellow outside, rotten stinking blue underneath)

He really has been rattled by it being 14 years.

Hes absolutely livid