CardiffCanary

Connor Southwell et al

2 minutes ago, Ernie Wise said:

Inspector Ed is on the ball, me thinks!!

We've both seen her get loads worse than an Alan Devonshire dressing down from supporters outside grounds all over the country. She always took it and moved on. 

7 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Yes, the body language speaks volumes throughout that interview. How long can they all work together for? Is Attanasio holding back and waffling out of embarrassment for them, or is he really that vague?

He’s totally embarrassed by her, it’s so obvious. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Licker. Missed the first word out. 

Duncan was having a laugh with someone he knows.

I like how Ernie introduced himself with is supporter credentials. We should all do it. You go first…

31 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Empty seats can't boo.

The past occupants of said empty seats are probably manacled and chained to the empty desks and the radiators and pipes of the old ticket office, for not applauding or cheering on cue.....and committing the ultimate sacrilege of.....daring to 'boo'.....

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Duncan was having a laugh with someone he knows.

I like how Ernie introduced himself with is supporter credentials. We should all do it. You go first…

No idea what you are on about (again) but I’m sure I’m not alone. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No idea what you are on about (again) but I’m sure I’m not alone. 

I'm sure you do.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm sure you do.

Not really, I’m thick. That said,  you must read your own  posts back and wonder what you’re on about. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

7 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

‘We let the managers manage’

Parma 

Listening to the interviews again it's interesting that Attanasio is the guy Webber had to get the go ahead from during the summer transfer window. I guess he who pays the piper calls the tune. He also said that Webber had already set up some stats based stuff and I've said before that the signings would have fitted the stats on what we needed.

I'm sure rather than see the back of Delia and Michael, Attanasio is happy to do his stuff in the background while they are visible to take the flak. Absentassio from the directors box gazers whilst quietly pulling the strings.

Also Rob Butler seemed excited to think there may be some father/son nepotism. Not sure how that rates against husband/wife or auntie/nephew but I'm sure it will be fine as long as we win enough games. Let's hope Ben Knapper is as good as they seem to think he is.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Listening to the interviews again it's interesting that Attanasio is the guy Webber had to get the go ahead from during the summer transfer window. I guess he who pays the piper calls the tune. He also said that Webber had already set up some stats based stuff and I've said before that the signings would have fitted the stats on what we needed.

I'm sure rather than see the back of Delia and Michael, Attanasio is happy to do his stuff in the background while they are visible to take the flak. Absentassio from the directors box gazers whilst quietly pulling the strings.

Also Rob Butler seemed excited to think there may be some father/son nepotism. Not sure how that rates against husband/wife or auntie/nephew but I'm sure it will be fine as long as we win enough games. Let's hope Ben Knapper is as good as they seem to think he is.

See the news on SSG and PGA defense vs Al Ramayyan. Interesting circle of friends. All with almost identical modus operandi. 

All hiding in plain sight. 

Parma 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ernie Wise said:

Believe me I tried!

I wrote a letter to the club- no reply…

another club employee, who I know found the letter and I finally got a 6 line acknowledgment that they had received the letter.

A couple of weeks later i sent another letter asking for a proper response- no reply…

I then registered a complaint via the website, to be told the issue had been closed.

Not sure what else I can do- write to the press?

Very sadly par for the course for NCFC as I can vouch for. The Club with the most shareholders in the land (Delia claimed in the world) turned into the neurotic secret society. 

Could try www.theifo.co.uk (Football Ombudsman).

Edited by essex canary

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Binner

You're not dressed as a Policeman today Mr Botham.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BigFish said:

When Connor asked the question I thought he had been reading your posts @shefcanary and your questions are certainly better. The question was the question of a fan rather than a journalist, which is why when asked to back up his initial question, sadly he couldn't back it up. That was his big mistake and he will learn.

Many of the responses on this thread are similar, in that they are just an excuse to exercise firmly held (negative) beliefs. Truth is the club isn't managed particularly badly as a business, although improvements could be made. The sporting side had made massive ****-ups but that is different. It is also why we are where we are.

I expect that MA will take the club private. When he does we won't even know what the actual governance structure is and may look back at this as the halcyon days of openness.

If Delia is as big a fan of fan representation as she at times has said you really would think she would wish to sell the concept much more favourably to MA. No sign whatsoever of that and tends to indicate it has been a flag of convenience only.

Connor clearly hit a nerve with his governance question. It was quite clear what he was talking about and he got the kind of response you would expect from people who don't like being questioned to any great depth. We don't have any idea what goes on behind the scenes, as DS said - and that is an indictment in itself. 

No-one expects a fly on the wall report about everything that goes on, but there could be a bit more openness with fans generally. 

I thought the way they answered it was very revealing and kudos to Connor for asking it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Connor clearly hit a nerve with his governance question. It was quite clear what he was talking about and he got the kind of response you would expect from people who don't like being questioned to any great depth. We don't have any idea what goes on behind the scenes, as DS said - and that is an indictment in itself. 

No-one expects a fly on the wall report about everything that goes on, but there could be a bit more openness with fans generally. 

I thought the way they answered it was very revealing and kudos to Connor for asking it. 

If you think that now you're not going to like the future Lakey.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

If you think that now you're not going to like the future Lakey.

Maybe, but I don't think the new owners will be so naive as we appear to have been in what seems to many of us as letting Webber have too much control,  so these kind of questions might not need to be asked! 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Maybe, but I don't think the new owners will be so naive as we appear to have been in what seems to many of us as letting Webber have too much control,  so these kind of questions might not need to be asked! 

They won't be there. Unless you're naive enough to think they are football supporters who love the club. Or I should say franchise or organisation which I heard on the video that's causing so much angst about Delia 

35 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They won't be there. Unless you're naive enough to think they are football supporters who love the club. Or I should say franchise or organisation which I heard on the video that's causing so much angst about Delia 

I am hoping they will be caring owners who have a similar ethos that DS and MJW have brought into the club in their tenure. Judging by what Delia and Michael have said, these people are on the same wavelength as they are, so that can only be good. That they might not be here that much is up to them, but they will presumably have their people at the club keeping an eye on it and have more than a passing interest in it to see where they can take us.

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I am hoping they will be caring owners who have a similar ethos that DS and MJW have brought into the club in their tenure. Judging by what Delia and Michael have said, these people are on the same wavelength as they are, so that can only be good. That they might not be here that much is up to them, but they will presumably have their people at the club keeping an eye on it and have more than a passing interest in it to see where they can take us.

Just read your own words back to yourself mindfully and see how you feel about them on deeper reflection.

Lukewarm at best. Hiding in plain sight.

Parma 

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Whatever way you spin it when this 'agreement' is done the organisation will no longer be owned by supporters. 

Since we currently have 6,000 plus shareholders the question has to be asked as to why to some extent it couldn't be? If only D&M could see beyond themselves.

Edited by essex canary

51 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Since we currently have 6,000 plus shareholders the question has to be asked as to why to some extent it couldn't be? If only D&M could see beyond themselves.

What does 'to some extent' mean?

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What does 'to some extent' mean?

Is Delia pressing to retain the 20% supporter minority shareholding?

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Is Delia pressing to retain the 20% supporter minority shareholding?

I don't know. Ask a journo. Perhaps one will investigate.

3 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Just read your own words back to yourself mindfully and see how you feel about them on deeper reflection.

Parma 

Not sure what you're getting at. I am full of admiration and respect for what DS and MJW have done, but they are by no means perfect. I am also respectful of what the potential that the new investors will bring to the party. That they are not likely to be here all the time is quite probable and necessary on a practical basis, but we don't know that for sure. They may have a very hands on approach. Either way, DS and MJW seem quite happy the club is going to be in good hands and that is good enough for me.

Unless we can persuade Stephen Fry, Hugh Jackman, maybe even Ed Balls or some other well off fan to invest, the Annastasios may be the best option we are ever likely to get.

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma 

You seem pretty down on MA Parma, or is it just you think people shouldn’t be naive as to motivation?

As owners go my early assessment is only that it could be a lot worse, jury’s out on how it goes.

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't know. Ask a journo. Perhaps one will investigate.

Two possible scenarios.

First, the three will expire, D&M will sell to MA, who will then make an offer to minority shareholders, probably at £25, (just to **** off those who send 3 page emails).

Second, there will be further share issues, after three years, again at £25, so MA gets to 90% and takes the Club private.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GMF said:

Two possible scenarios.

First, the three will expire, D&M will sell to MA, who will then make an offer to minority shareholders, probably at £25, (just to **** off those who send 3 page emails).

Second, there will be further share issues, after three years, again at £25, so MA gets to 90% and takes the Club private.

GMF, neither of those scenarios would see the minority shareholders being well looked after, which apparently is the intention, since at £25 inflation would mean most would be selling at a significant loss. Assuming that is that minority  shareholders care about breaking even or making a profit.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

GMF, neither of those scenarios would see the minority shareholders being well looked after, which apparently is the intention, since at £25 inflation would mean most would be selling at a significant loss. Assuming that is that minority  shareholders care about breaking even or making a profit.

@GMF should get a job in Argentina. His inflation control techniques would be very welcome there. He could practice on NCFC season ticket prices first. 

Minority shareholders almost certainly think the principle is more important than the money. Equally it is clear that the principle is not being adhered too now with shareholding failing to be broad based in terms of age representation and of no significance in Club decision making. If it has had it's day and can't  be revitalised best to work on the golden handshake principle.

Edited by essex canary