Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Post of the Week: Last Gasp Wonders

Hey Pink Un family! 📣

After the Adam Idah Show on Sunday, let's delve into the archives and revisit the spine-tingling magic that our beloved Norwich City has provided us – those unforgettable last-gasp winners, extra time eargasms, and penalty goals that still give us goosebumps.

🔍 Share your cherished moments below and, if you've got the footage, treat us to a visual trip down memory lane! From the edge-of-the-seat excitement to the pure elation, let's celebrate the moments that define our passion for the Canaries.

Don't hold back – pour your heart out and let's collectively relive these incredible instances that make being a part of the Yellow Army so special. 💛

And to those questioning the prowess of Yobocop's Post of the Week – keep doubting, but remember, just like our team, we thrive on those last-minute victories! 😉 #NCFC #YobocopsPostOfTheWeek #YellowArmyPower

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Hey Pink Un family! 📣

After the Adam Idah Show on Sunday, let's delve into the archives and revisit the spine-tingling magic that our beloved Norwich City has provided us – those unforgettable last-gasp winners, extra time eargasms, and penalty goals that still give us goosebumps.

🔍 Share your cherished moments below and, if you've got the footage, treat us to a visual trip down memory lane! From the edge-of-the-seat excitement to the pure elation, let's celebrate the moments that define our passion for the Canaries.

Don't hold back – pour your heart out and let's collectively relive these incredible instances that make being a part of the Yellow Army so special. 💛

And to those questioning the prowess of Yobocop's Post of the Week – keep doubting, but remember, just like our team, we thrive on those last-minute victories! 😉 #NCFC #YobocopsPostOfTheWeek #YellowArmyPower

Chris Sutton scoring (from memory at the River End) right at the death, squeezing the ball home, having come on as a sub for his first appearance that season, to give us a 3-2 win against then bogey team Coventry City in 1991-92.

He had just been used twice as a sub the previous season and after the Coventry game was played in central defence initially but then up front. So it was the start of his glorious career as a striker.

• Like 1

The one, the only, the magnificent TIMM KLOSE! 1p5wich radio commentary adds to that brilliant occasion when he scored at the death in the 95th minute. Great cross from Hanley as well.

(Please somebody post the clip. Beyond my abilities I'm afraid)

• Like 2

1. CHHAAAAAANNNNCCCE!

2. Malky's header to make it 3-1 in the play-off semi-final against Wolves, and basically guarantee a trip to Wembley bloody Cardiff. The Barclay was shaking under my feet when that went in.

3. Grant Holt against Reading in the Lambert Championship promotion season. The move was started by McNally in the director's box, who threw the ball to Lambert so we could take a quick throw-in. There was a great moment when David Fox had a chance to get the ball into the box, but turned away from goal to groans and boos (nothing changes...). Nice little move down the left later (Lansbury back-heel) and Holt was bundling it in at the far post. Fantastic.

Obviously there are about twenty from the Farke era, but I'll leave those to others because, to my lasting regret, I wasn't there.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
feast on those links, Canaries
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, In my blood said:

The one, the only, the magnificent TIMM KLOSE! 1p5wich radio commentary adds to that brilliant occasion when he scored at the death in the 95th minute. Great cross from Hanley as well.

Oh no, how awful.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Never, never gets old. Just fantastic.

Probably the only thing anyone remembers about Farke first season.

Jackson and Klose obviously have to be up there, and there are quite a few to choose from from the Farke era, but a special mention from me for the Vrancic free kick against Wednesday - think it was the 97th minute - to rescue what seemed an absolutely pivotal point at the time (although less so with the benefit of hindsight ...)

The way that season went - and with Mario over the ball in the form he was in at the time - there was almost a sense of inevitability about it, but as a Sheffield based Canary it was certainly appreciated !!

Edited by Barham Blitz
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Jackson and Klose obviously have to be up there, and there are quite a few to choose from from the Farke era, but a special mention from me for the Vrancic free kick against Wednesday - think it was the 97th minute - to rescue what seemed an absolutely pivotal point at the time (although less so with the benefit of hindsight ...)

The way that season went - and with Mario over the ball in the form he was in at the time - there was almost a sense of inevitability about it, but as a Sheffield based Canary it was certainly appreciated !!

Vrannnnnnccic 

• Like 1

Onel's unlikely injury time brace to rescue a point against Forest after being 3-0 down with about 15 minutes left comes to mind as well.

Memorable not just for the comeback but for Jeff Stelling's increasingly incredulous commentary on Soccer Saturday.  Makes me smile every time I watch this.

Was that also the game that prompted that hilarious rant from a Leeds fan about our propensity for late goals ?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Onel's unlikely injury time brace to rescue a point against Forest after being 3-0 down with about 15 minutes left comes to mind as well.

Memorable not just for the comeback but for Jeff Stelling's increasingly incredulous commentary on Soccer Saturday.  Makes me smile every time I watch this.

Was that also the game that prompted that hilarious rant from a Leeds fan about our propensity for late goals ?

Brilliant, thanks for posting that. 

• Like 1

Hope this works!

Oli Johnson. The League One era (well, one season).

Edited by sonyc

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

1. CHHAAAAAANNNNCCCE!

2. Malky's header to make it 3-1 in the play-off semi-final against Wolves, and basically guarantee a trip to Wembley bloody Cardiff. The Barclay was shaking under my feet when that went in.

3. Grant Holt against Reading in the Lambert Championship promotion season. The move was started by McNally in the director's box, who threw the ball to Lambert so we could take a quick throw-in. There was a great moment when David Fox had a chance to get the ball into the box, but turned away from goal to groans and boos (nothing changes...). Nice little move down the left later (Lansbury back-heel) and Holt was bundling it in at the far post. Fantastic.

Obviously there are about twenty from the Farke era, but I'll leave those to others because, to my lasting regret, I wasn't there.

He’s added the links, good….efficient 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, In my blood said:

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW AWFUL"

• Like 1

Has to be simeon Jackson vs Derby for me, never heard FCR so loud, never had the massive bald guy who used to sit behind me pretty much jump on my shoulders either. 

That day and that win was mental. 

I also remember walking home and hearing the re run of Chris Gorehams commentary  " CHAAAAAAAAANNNNCCCCEEEE "  love it. 

Thankyou Robbie Savage 😉

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Has to be simeon Jackson vs Derby for me, never heard FCR so loud, never had the massive bald guy who used to sit behind me pretty much jump on my shoulders either. 

That day and that win was mental. 

I also remember walking home and hearing the re run of Chris Gorehams commentary  " CHAAAAAAAAANNNNCCCCEEEE "  love it. 

Thankyou Robbie Savage 😉

That was amazing, I was in the lower barclay right hand corner and my view was totally blocked, I could just see the ball crossed back over and the next thing I knew it was in the back of the net.  From the replays I'm not sure Jackson knew a lot about it but it's all about being in the right place !

Also loving the fact that Robbie Savage taking so long to walk off gave the added time that allowed the goal 🙂 

• Like 1

Not City, not even football but Jonny Wilkinson's last minute drop goal against the Aussies in the 2003 WC final is my highlight.

I was in an "Aussie" pub in the Far East and surrounded by Australian fans. Great lot, it's usually only Aussie cricketers who are obnoxious at times, imo.

One showed me a heading from an Australian newspaper with this picture:

The finishing touch: Wilkinson scoring the winning goal against Australia

Along with the heading "Is this all you've got?" Alluding to our reliance upon Wilkinson's drop-kicks and basically taking this p-iss. They were so confident of victory it hurt.

Wilko duly won the game and the trophy with a last minute drop. ("Oh god! He's in the hole." screeched the commentator.)

The entire pub was silent for a lot longer than the customary one minute. 

Apologies for this diversion but I'm sure some still treasure that moment as well.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

That was amazing, I was in the lower barclay right hand corner and my view was totally blocked, I could just see the ball crossed back over and the next thing I knew it was in the back of the net.  From the replays I'm not sure Jackson knew a lot about it but it's all about being in the right place !

Also loving the fact that Robbie Savage taking so long to walk off gave the added time that allowed the goal 🙂 

Lower Barclay here too, it really was one of those moments where your not 100% sure it's gone in until you see everyone celebrating. The form Jackson hit at the end of that season was incredible too. 

Maybe Sarge can pick that up when he returns 😉

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Not City, not even football but Jonny Wilkinson's last minute drop goal against the Aussies in the 2003 WC final is my highlight.

I was in an "Aussie" pub in the Far East and surrounded by Australian fans. Great lot, it's usually only Aussie cricketers who are obnoxious at times, imo.

One showed me a heading from an Australian newspaper with this picture:

The finishing touch: Wilkinson scoring the winning goal against Australia

Along with the heading "Is this all you've got?" Alluding to our reliance upon Wilkinson's drop-kicks and basically taking this p-iss. They were so confident of victory it hurt.

Wilko duly won the game and the trophy with a last minute drop. ("Oh god! He's in the hole." screeched the commentator.)

The entire pub was silent for a lot longer than the customary one minute. 

Apologies for this diversion but I'm sure some still treasure that moment as well.

Brilliant mate 

And another memory - I was there for this one. From behind the goal it seemed at the time to just hang in the air before dropping underneath the crossbar.

1-2 and Neil Lennon's face.😉

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

He’s added the links, good….efficient 

Unfortunately that Holt one doesn't have the whole glorious move.

But I'm OK. I rolled with the punch 

One from a few years ago.

Norwich 3-0 up against Millwall who manage to pull it back to 3-3 only for Fleck to score for us to will 4-3. Think it was a half volley from outside the box but maybe I just made that bit up. It was a while ago!

I don't think the match was particularly important but one the sticks in my mind

• Like 1