lake district canary

Cantwell situation "brewing".....

7 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I genuinely think the hatred for Cantwell on here is simply akin to playground bullying. People don't like him because he's a bit different, has long hair and posts on social media. Honestly, the nonsense about his attitude is just people looking for sticks to beat him with. 

The fact is that he's better than most of the attacking midfielders we currently have and it's a shame for us that (for whatever reason) his time here faded out rather than getting the most out of him. It's incredibly childish to follow his career hoping for him to be anything other than successful. 

I don't understand the obsession, its bordering on very odd. 

However the reason I'm largely disinterested in Cantwell is because he was clearly completely disinterested in doing a decent job for us for his last 18 months here, which may also be the reason that some others have for wishing him ill will or not liking him.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

Useless pair him and Dowell.

Screenshot_20231224_135034_Chrome.jpg

Have you seen Motherwell play? Think of Accrington Stanley on a good day. 

Edit

But without the class..... 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

28 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

However the reason I'm largely disinterested in Cantwell is because he was clearly completely disinterested in doing a decent job for us for his last 18 months here, which may also be the reason that some others have for wishing him ill will or not liking him.

Did he really…. I recall he ran his socks off in his final season when he played and was (by some distance) our best presser of the ball…. He put the effort in, the team didn’t function well and the manager kept leaving him out.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Did he really…. I recall he ran his socks off in his final season when he played and was (by some distance) our best presser of the ball…. He put the effort in, the team didn’t function well and the manager kept leaving him out.   

He was completely ineffective and registered 0 goals and 0 assists in the Championship in around 900 minutes of football.

I accept that I may have mistaken his work effort in the prior season (Farke/Smith Prem season) with that half a season with us in the Championship, but if one of your attacking players is not creating or scoring goals then yeah as the manager you are going to end up leaving him out.

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Strange how some forget Cantwell himself really fed into the negativity by having a habit of posting wierd and cryptic posts on his social media pages all while vanishing from the team without explanation.

Nevermind how as soon as left he spent months going on and on about 'how the truth will soon be revealed..'

It really was quite tiresome

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I genuinely think the hatred for Cantwell on here is simply akin to playground bullying. People don't like him because he's a bit different, has long hair and posts on social media. Honestly, the nonsense about his attitude is just people looking for sticks to beat him with. 

The fact is that he's better than most of the attacking midfielders we currently have and it's a shame for us that (for whatever reason) his time here faded out rather than getting the most out of him. It's incredibly childish to follow his career hoping for him to be anything other than successful. 

It’s just something that isn’t in my psyche, wanting to see a decent person failing at anything.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Have you seen Motherwell play? Think of Accrington Stanley on a good day. 

Edit

But without the class..... 

Accrington Stanley? Oo are they?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

It’s just something that isn’t in my psyche, wanting to see a decent person failing at anything.

I think that Jeremy Corbyn is a very nice fellow, I'd love to buy him a drink and pontificate, by the end of that drink I'd probably be putting him on my Christmas card list.

But I was relieved when he got booted as Labour leader, his ideas were too radical and largely uncosted.

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

He was completely ineffective and registered 0 goals and 0 assists in the Championship in around 900 minutes of football.

I accept that I may have mistaken his work effort in the prior season (Farke/Smith Prem season) with that half a season with us in the Championship, but if one of your attacking players is not creating or scoring goals then yeah as the manager you are going to end up leaving him out.

No, this was the Smith / Wagner season, and yes he did graft. Your argument was that he was disinterested which I would completely refute.

His output in terms of goals and assists is nothing to do with whether he was interested or not, and quite frankly Smith had the team performing dysfunctionally.   No one was really productive.

3 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Accrington Stanley? Oo are they?

Accrington Stanley couldn’t  be much worse than yesterday’s Huddersfield who made us look like Real Madrid

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Strange how some forget Cantwell himself really fed into the negativity by having a habit of posting wierd and cryptic posts on his social media pages all while vanishing from the team without explanation.

Nevermind how as soon as left he spent months going on and on about 'how the truth will soon be revealed..'

Easy answer, just ignore/unfollow/mute his social media if it annoys you

There were obviously some issues while he was here but why on earth would anyone wish him anything other than well? The same folk who booed Gibson no doubt.

• Like 4

On 24/12/2023 at 17:26, cambridgeshire canary said:

Surely it was an ideal excuse to start lots more threads, so I would have thought you loved him? ; -)

Edited by Nuff Said

On 24/12/2023 at 17:26, cambridgeshire canary said:

This has got to be the most pot/kettle Pink'Un post of all time.

On 24/12/2023 at 14:43, Petriix said:

The criticism says a lot more about the critics than it does about him.

• Like 1