6 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

1100 fans will travel to Bristol City this weekend on Sunday, for a 1:30pm kickoff. In the freezing cold. They're obviously devoted fans who put money into the club coffers when buying their tickets, and go to support the team. So they're the "good" 80%.

If we concede several goals, if the team look disinterested, the tactics are non-existent, the fitness looks poor and the subs are rubbish, they'll be singing "Wagner Out" and "Sack the Board", do they then magically transform into the "whinging 20%"?

Of course not. That argument is insane. The fans react to what they see on and off the pitch. If the team play well and tried their best and we lose, we applaud them off. If they play well and win, we cheer. If the game's absolutely turgid and we draw there'll be a few disgruntled boos but mostly people will just sigh and wander home. 

When the club is showing a lack of direction, a head coach remains in charge with one of the worst records in modern history, the plays cant be bothered on the pitch, the style of football has deteriorated into something that's actually painful to watch and the approach of "youth first" has been abandoned so the average player age on Saturday was the highest in 40 years, THAT's when fans start to voice discontent.

We have the highest season ticket prices. We have an ownership that lacks any kind of governance. We have had a Sporting Director who felt no qualms in only offering 90% and who said he could leave whenever he felt like it. 

Delia and MWJ's time is up. They've poured fuel on the fire with their comments/interview last night and they'll be a backlash against Preston. No wonder Attanasio shuffled uncomfortably every time Delia opened her mouth.

Great post. I watched the 30 minute version just now and how on earth ANYONE can still support those geriatrics is beyond belief. The difference in class and professionalism between MA and them was frightening. The whole thing can be summarised with the question on 17 mins re 'corporate governance'. It was a perfectly reasonable question without at all being 'hard hitting'. The Stowmarket Two could have answered it in similar fashion by explaining how the decision making process works and why they felt justified in dispensing with a Chairman and CEO. Instead, you could visibly see the hackles rise and the fury mount before Connor even finished the question! To respond by saying............'you have no idea' is simply arrogance and defensiveness of the highest level. One glance at MA confirms what you noticed. He clearly felt very awkward.     

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

The difference in class and professionalism between MA and them was frightening.

One glance at MA confirms what you noticed. He clearly felt very awkward.     

This could well get nasty. MA may now want shot of them and use this anger against them to launch a more hostile takeover confident enough fans will back him.

This is just a theory. After yesterday I still have no idea what his long term intentions are!

17 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Weirdly, that would've been a seriously funny listen!!! 😅

Yep! But sadly, it is feasible at this moment in time.

There seemed to have been an overwhelming aura of complacency emanating from the top table last night. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

What business owner which is £98 million in debt ,with a failing management team and poor prospects of a recovery would tell the press that they “have no idea” or would alienate and enrage 20% of the customer base  by calling them “whingers” ? The arrogance of the Majority shareholders is staggering and they clearly deserve our contempt. They certainly will not get my Season Ticket money for next season. Appalling Public Relations. There is no way back for Delia Smith in my opinion.

• Like 3

This may have been shared already: Twitter link - but it highlights that Delia is clueless to how that phone call to Wagner offering reassurance was in appropriate in the context. Or even have a perception as such. And whilst Knapper realistically wanted to assess the situation on the ground - he could theoretically have wanted to have removed Wagner on day one. Delia doesn’t seem to acknowledge that at all - given her quip about him only being 18 days into the job. 

I am glad to hear her say though that it will be Knapper’s decision. Whether that’s a decision the board will agree with… we shall see. 
I do have my doubts that if we lose to Bristol City and Knapper says fire the gun - whether Delia realises that now is the time. I say that as she’s clearly oblivious to the scale of the dissatisfaction with Wagner right now 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Raptor said:

This could well get nasty. MA may now want shot of them and use this anger against them to launch a more hostile takeover confident enough fans will back him.

This is just a theory. After yesterday I still have no idea what his long term intentions are!

He’s likely also oblivious to the scale of the dissatisfaction - as has his eyes on other projects, sees a full house at Carrow Road when he looks at attendance figures - despite hearing boos amongst a relatively small number of people that represented the away fan base at Watford. Albeit a large % of that overall travelling group, of course. 

"They have no idea what goes into running a football club."

Of course we do and it 'aint a piece of cake, like many businesses and also like all the other 91 clubs in the leagues and the many other smaller outfits.

That's no excuse for running it as badly as currently seems to be the case.

What a conceited remark.

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"They have no idea what goes into running a football club."

Of course we do and it 'aint a piece of cake, like many businesses and also like all the other 91 clubs in the leagues and the many other smaller outfits.

That's no excuse for running it as badly as currently seems to be the case.

What a conceited remark.

Her usual defensive minded and arrogant answer. How dare the plebs ask questions of her. 

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Her usual defensive minded and arrogant answer. How dare the plebs ask questions of her. 

Good description of you and me and thousands of other Y 

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Good description of you and me and thousands of other Y 

We are just passionate but know nothing, in her eyes. Simple folk. 

All a bit sad really.Deteriorating in front of our eyes in terms of forgetting questions,harking back to times gone by(ie Portsmouth),rudeness,and general rambling. Perhaps her long lost son Stuart can have a word. Only person she listens to it seems.

21 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

All a bit sad really.Deteriorating in front of our eyes in terms of forgetting questions,harking back to times gone by(ie Portsmouth),rudeness,and general rambling. Perhaps her long lost son Stuart can have a word. Only person she listens to it seems.

In Cook world those so called.........'best supporters in the world' only fall into said description when they 'pay up, turn up and sing all match long. Alternatively just shut up'. If they dare mutter any form of criticism she see's them as mere 'irritants' who 'know nothing'.  

At the 2022 AGM a question was asked about whether the club would open a position on the Board to a fully elected fans representative. This was brusquely dismissed with the comment................'what do we need one of those for? The directors are all fans already'. NCFC always has been her 'toy' and woe betide anyone who pays anything other than North Korean style devotion to said leader and organisation.  

It is clear that the owners are totally out of touch with their customers, the fans. They can’t tolerate being challenged in any way and their distaste for the influence of money in the game  and hence their sustainability model is totally at odds with the modern game. There is no guarantee that the MA takeover will happen as they will find giving up their control hard to do. They have to go but it may take the Grim Reaper for it to actually happen.

14 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

It is clear that the owners are totally out of touch with their customers, the fans. They can’t tolerate being challenged in any way and their distaste for the influence of money in the game  and hence their sustainability model is totally at odds with the modern game. There is no guarantee that the MA takeover will happen as they will find giving up their control hard to do. They have to go but it may take the Grim Reaper for it to actually happen.

Or the Grim Reaper visits Attanasio first?

We don't get to choose...

On 01/12/2023 at 11:28, tricky974 said:

Have we really got to wait until the 6th of Jan 24 and just not renew his rolling contract

Think you will find his rolling contract means it rolls over every month,so virtually 12 months notice required 

It did hit me that with the 2 year concert party, MA will be 68 by the time he has a true say, but only as a minority.  Probably sharing with Nephew Tom by then.  I just wonder what he really wants given that age and the agreement to give his votes to Delia.  He’s impressive but whether he is for the long term, im not so sure

On 02/12/2023 at 21:31, BigEars said:

It did hit me that with the 2 year concert party, MA will be 68 by the time he has a true say, but only as a minority.  Probably sharing with Nephew Tom by then.  I just wonder what he really wants given that age and the agreement to give his votes to Delia.  He’s impressive but whether he is for the long term, im not so sure

Pretty sure his son is the succession plan. 

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Odds on the Yanks laugh last. 

Why not make a book. There's lots of octogenarian Norwich City supporters post on here. What's good for Michael and Delia should be good for them. Come on Midlands, let's see those odds...

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Why not make a book. There's lots of octogenarian Norwich City supporters post on here. What's good for Michael and Delia should be good for them. Come on Midlands, let's see those odds...

Oh, grow up.🙂

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well let’s look at the alternatives after your heroes finally, finally go. 

Nephew Tom (the only choice not so long back) Or 

Magic Mark who’s already bailed us out after Mountain Man did a runner. if you had your wish we’d be fcuked already. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well let’s look at the alternatives after your heroes finally, finally go. 

Nephew Tom (the only choice not so long back) Or 

Magic Mark who’s already bailed us out after Mountain Man did a runner. if you had your wish we’d be fcuked already. 

What wish?

Now about these octogenarian's odds...

Just now, nutty nigel said:

What wish?

Now about these octogenarian's odds...

Talk clearly please! What is your specific question or are you trying to riddle me out (again) or bore me to death. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Talk clearly please! What is your specific question or are you trying to riddle me out (again) or bore me to death. 

You said "if I had my wish". What wish is that?

Now let's have those octogenarian's odds.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You said "if I had my wish". What wish is that?

Now let's have those octogenarian's odds.

You’re not that stupid, I can’t play Nutty. Take the tablets and let’s chat again soon. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

You’re not that stupid, I can’t play Nutty. Take the tablets and let’s chat again soon. 

Of course you can't. Once you can't have both sides of the conversation you're ducked. 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Of course you can't. Once you can't have both sides of the conversation you're ducked. 

You’re not the full schilling, a character none the less.