Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Todays presser - Injuries

1 hour ago, ZLF said:

Barnes to start in the 10 role for me, off after 60 mins as he regains fitness.   

My prediction is rowe will start in a push to start the knappership with a win to maintain momentum.

Batth to start on the right of cb.   Can onlybhave fingers crossed we mark chair properly and don't back off him.

Sounds like a plan. Getting off to a good start tomorrow, with Knapper in attendance will be massive.

1 hour ago, ZLF said:

Barnes to start in the 10 role for me, off after 60 mins as he regains fitness.   

My prediction is rowe will start in a push to start the knappership with a win to maintain momentum.

Batth to start on the right of cb.   Can onlybhave fingers crossed we mark chair properly and don't back off him.

Good thing about chairs is they seldom move much which should suit Baath and Warner

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, makham said:

According to presser, Sarge, Lungi, and Gibbo roughly 3 weeks 'away', compared to Barnesy available, Jonny Rowe touch and go, Gunny, Foreshaw a week away, Hanley 2 weeks. Who knows? Maybe Sarge is 'not so far off' now.

You never know he might be in contention for an appearance against the Binners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You never know he might be in contention for an appearance against the Binners.

If we could be 'full strength' against that lot I would feel much better than I do now.

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

If we could be 'full strength' against that lot I would feel much better than I do now.

From what I've seen of Ipswich this season, basically at Southampton and Brum, I honestly feel at our absolute best from an attacking perspective they won't get near us. Problem is of course we seldom play at our best and have this habit of conceding 2 goals a game 😫

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

From what I've seen of Ipswich this season, basically at Southampton and Brum, I honestly feel at our absolute best from an attacking perspective they won't get near us. Problem is of course we seldom play at our best and have this habit of conceding 2 goals a game 😫

Ipswich also seem to concede 2 a game and need 3 to win, that cant be sustained

Tgey haveca very poor defensive record ,particularly at home for a side in their position

"Everyone who judges QPR on the table makes the first mistake, and we will not make this mistake," he said. "It's a totally different approach, totally different team since they changed their manager. They've had two draws and two clean sheets, and they play much more football, much better organised.

"I've seen their last games, and it's a difficult task (for Norwich). It's a good opponent, and it's the Championship. You have to work very hard and reach your limit to be successful. Obviously this is our aim.

"The win and the performance against Cardiff gave everybody a boost, and we'd like now to have back-to-back wins for sure. This is our aim, but we know how big the challenge in front of us is.

"I will make sure that nobody underestimates the quality of QPR because of the table or the points they have, because after they changed the manager they look a different side. This is what we have to make clear.

"We would like to win the game and we will do everything, but we know no game is easy in the Championship, especially not against QPR on Saturday."

Confident for tomorrow then.

9 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

This Barnes bloke, our saviour it seems on here!    Are we going up now?     

Terrible that people are trying to be a bit positive about the club isn't it? It's almost like they're Norwich fans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Terrible that people are trying to be a bit positive about the club isn't it? It's almost like they're Norwich fans.

A bit positive!    About what exactly!    Just shows that standards and expectations of some fans have fallen just as fast as this squads quality!          Honestly the fickleness of some of you.   If Ashley Barnes is so important to us, where do you find positivity?

Like Barnes but much like Hanley he isn't the answer on his own. We were ****e in the few matches after the Sargent injury in which he was still playing. 

On a positive note Idah and Hwang have looked a lot more like footballers in the last few games so maybe one of them can strike up something with Barnes.

11 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Like Barnes but much like Hanley he isn't the answer on his own. We were ****e in the few matches after the Sargent injury in which he was still playing. 

Agree with the general point, but we had two and a half league games with Barnes after Sargent's injury. Lost to Rotherham, beat Stoke, were 1-0 down to Leicester when he went off. Not great, but ****e is a bit strong surely.

On 23/11/2023 at 17:55, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Another week of Long is terrifying. 

<Sigh> If nobody else is saying it…

It’s going to be a Long week

As reserve keeper, Long is fine at this level. Most of the goals that he has conceded have been down to awful defending (or a complete lack thereof).

We have been blessed with many excellent keepers and some not so good and from what I have seen so far, Long would be towards the middle of the list.

I agree Long hasn’t been bad and hard to fault him for most of the goals.

But I think it is underestimated how important it is that the goalie exudes confidence and how the rest of the defence feeds off this. Knowing that you have a great keeper who commands his area and is capable of bailing you out with an exceptional save makes a difference.

This was an issue when Gunn initially replaced Krul and I think was a key reason smith actually swapped the two. Gunn (and now long) just had a nervousness about him which is  infectious. I still think lack of command is an issue for Gunn but has improved since he appears to have gathered confidence by being the number 1 keeper at the club

15 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

A bit positive!    About what exactly!    Just shows that standards and expectations of some fans have fallen just as fast as this squads quality!          Honestly the fickleness of some of you.   If Ashley Barnes is so important to us, where do you find positivity?

About a win in our last game, about a new sporting director, about a key individual in our early season form being back from a long injury, about several other key players about to come back also, about league football being back after a boring international break, about a very winnable home game, about the possibility of a corner being turned. 

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If he does not score can he be elevated to scapegoat status?

Not while we have Idah!

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

About a win in our last game, about a new sporting director, about a key individual in our early season form being back from a long injury, about several other key players about to come back also, about league football being back after a boring international break, about a very winnable home game, about the possibility of a corner being turned. 

Just have a look at that team that’s walking out in green and yellow today.    Have a good long look at it.    They might win today, Barnesy boy might bag a hat trick but a win can’t mask the massive problems we now face.    There’s no corner being turned with this squad and coach.

I do hope Knapper has a good plan and the wherewithal to implement but until there’s some evidence of his capabilities and a clear plan, I don’t think anyone has reason to be positive.     He’s got some job on his hands, it’s a mess.   

Edited by ged in the onion bag