Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Did Placheta and Nunez go out drinking together last night?

Both give glimpses of being decent players, but when they’re bad, they really are poor.

TBF, Placheta has done more this season that I thought him capable of, but that’s a very low bar. And Nunez seemed to be playing further back today, which doesn’t help him. 

Super subs only from now on please.

To be fair, both Warner and Fisher were worse..but only slightly. 

Nunez was OK in parts, Placheta shouldn't be LB unless we are chasing a game and needing to overload one side and risk the counter.

• Like 3

Nunez does not have the ability to affect a game any way, invisible most games no matter where he plays. Plus his corners are tragic.

All went wrong when that stupid t-shirt came out.

Lovely jubbly.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nunez does not have the ability to affect a game any way, invisible most games no matter where he plays. Plus his corners are tragic.

Lovely jubbly.

There’s a player there, in the right system.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

It will never be with us, and probably not in England, too lightweight.

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

lol. That phrase again, often used to describe Hoolahan too.

LOL, alluding even in the vaguest sense to a tangible/valid comparison between Nunez and Hoolahan. 

It’d be like comparing Andy Hughes and Buendia, because they both wore No.17

Edited by mrdi

20 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think you're right. He has a lot of good attributes.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think you're right. He has a lot of good attributes.

In one of my FM23 saves where I wasn't managing Norwich, I noted he signed for Real Madrid for £62 million 😏

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mrdi said:

LOL, alluding even in the vaguest sense to a tangible/valid comparison between Nunez and Hoolahan. 

It’d be like comparing Andy Hughes and Buendia, because they both wore No.17

Yet both have been branded ‘lightweight’ so by definition, both players must have similar attributes? 

Or is that, and to my point, the term ‘lightweight’ is a rudimentary term used incorrectly? 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Lovely jubbly.

Does that include his corner which we scored from today........................????????????????????

45 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yet both have been branded ‘lightweight’ so by definition, both players must have similar attributes? 

Or is that, and to my point, the term ‘lightweight’ is a rudimentary term used incorrectly? 

What Wes lacked in conventional power, he more than made up for by being a wriggly little blighter, with delivery at the end of it more often than not.  

Other than the rudimentary physicality comparison, Nunez really doesn’t, nor can he compare. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Does that include his corner which we scored from today........................????????????????????

We scored from Sara’s corner after a couple of appalling ones from Nunez

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

We scored from Sara’s corner after a couple of appalling ones from Nunez

Have a look at our first goal again and tell me who took the corner (that was the point I was making).

Placheta has been very good playing as an out and out winger this season. He has regained his lightening speed (see Cardiff fans' forum on this), has ripped past many right backs, and has put in many good crosses in the time he has spent on the pitch (I expect the stats would be a very interesting read if anyone has them). Would love to see him pumping in those crosses when Sargent is back up front. It is probably naïve to think he can fulfil the role of LWB unless he is given suitable cover by someone like McClean. In tandem with Giannoulis that would make a pretty formidable left side in this league, the problem, of course, is who would lose out elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Placheta has been very good playing as an out and out winger this season. He has regained his lightening speed (see Cardiff fans' forum on this), has ripped past many right backs, and has put in many good crosses in the time he has spent on the pitch (I expect the stats would be a very interesting read if anyone has them). Would love to see him pumping in those crosses when Sargent is back up front. It is probably naïve to think he can fulfil the role of LWB unless he is given suitable cover by someone like McClean. In tandem with Giannoulis that would make a pretty formidable left side in this league, the problem, of course, is who would lose out elsewhere.

Regardless, he had a mare yesterday. I have admitted he has surprised me multiple times this season - why was he back to making so many mistakes yesterday?

Like Nunez, disappointing.

Edited by Nuff Said

On yesterday's game,  which I didn't see,  did we play it out from the back much,  or go long more?

Wagner has said Placheta's future is as a left back. Placheta's coaches in Poland said they also saw his future at left back. He's not good enough to be a winger. Perhaps a little like Elliott Bennett who I always thought would have been better utilised as a fullback

17 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Have a look at our first goal again and tell me who took the corner (that was the point I was making).

Two Happy Clappers arguing is funny .