Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Norwich Fans Mentality

Why oh why do some fans always think we should be grateful for just existing. We are the only club that matters in the 4th biggest county in England. 

This just be grateful attitude has held the club back for decades, it’s embarrassing. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Embarrassing, Disgrace, what a joke. Just some of the comments after this weekend’s capitulation.

He has to go!

Ten Hag! 

Connor says this isn’t normal referring to our game, but ….Football actually. 
p.s I was at Sunderland and I do care

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Why oh why do some fans always think we should be grateful for just existing. We are the only club that matters in the 4th biggest county in England. 

This just be grateful attitude has held the club back for decades, it’s embarrassing. 

You do at times post absolute ****e. It’s not the geographical size of the county that matters, but the number of people in it. On that measure Norfolk is the 25th. Of those counties below it only one, East Sussex, has enjoyed anything like the success we have. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I would rather embarrass fans like yourself than sell our souls to Saudi owners etc.
Its a stretch that a yank is taking over to be blunt because they dont even really understand "soccer" 

• Like 1

Nothing to do with population either, it's where you source your players from, their age and how you train them.

I watched two teams from Manchester yesterday and the team that had spent £400m looked like a Championship team in comparison.

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It's embaressing that people keep making up arguments, claim other people make them, just to create division because not everyone feels extremely as you.

Sadly this extends beyond just football and it's generally the most embaressing thing about this country at the moment.

Entitlement.

I can't see anyone disagreeing with sacking Wagner...

• Like 1

The thing is I do sometimes see fans of other clubs online calling us "entitled" for just "expecting to walk back into the Prem like it's easy" when so many other clubs have tried and failed and who have had it worse than us. Look at Sunderland when they went down to League one. Look at Portsmouth who just over a decade ago were a rather established top flight club selling out every home match and who got to play in Europe and now they seem stuck in League one and even fell down to leauge two for a season.  Hell, Watford right now seem to go through a new manager every few months and yet they're 16th in the table and are in a right state compared to how they were doing alright in the Prem just a few seasons back. Or look at Wigan, or hell look at Derby who once were doing alright here in the championship. List goes on.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

Even if we don't deserve to be in the Premier League (and we don't) I do believe in light of the relative success of recent years and the amount spent on transfer fees and wages relative to our competitors, we should expect more.

• Like 2

The OP is a set of about 10 posters on here who regularly blame fans and clearly distant themselves from being fans themselves. Otherwise, why aren't they protesting outside the City Stand? Why aren't they getting people to sing about Delia at the ground?

Because they're weak as p*ss. That's why.

• Like 2

How dare we want owners fit for purpose, a management structure that deals with the issues, actual investment in the club,  a sport director who gives 100%, a club moving forward not just surviving or declining, a squad to be proud of and a manager with more than one plan... how dare we! Entitlement my arxe

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

we should expect more.

No, don't... you'll only be disappointed. Expect less. Then the occasional purple patch every decade or so will be so much more enjoyable. At least, that's what Delia told me.

1 minute ago, Sooty57 said:

No, don't... you'll only be disappointed. Expect less. Then the occasional purple patch every decade or so will be so much more enjoyable. At least, that's what Delia told me.

There is some sense in that. My definition of 'more' may differ than some fans. 

Getting a bit OT but I had fairly modest expectations this season but was expecting to see some progress in our style of play etc. Even with injuries I'm not seeing much or any of that.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Getting a bit OT but I had fairly modest expectations this season but was expecting to see some progress in our style of play etc. Even with injuries I'm not seeing much or any of that.

I was not expecting much, but the first few games instilled me with some hope (always a dangerous thing). However, our current performances are even worse than I was fearing at the beginning of the season. Mid-table mediocrity actual begins to look quite appealing now. :classic_sad:

35 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's embaressing that people keep making up arguments, claim other people make them, just to create division because not everyone feels extremely as you.

Sadly this extends beyond just football and it's generally the most embaressing thing about this country at the moment.

Entitlement.

I can't see anyone disagreeing with sacking Wagner...

Because the Head Coach is always the fall guy, a little like burning witches at the stake. That is not to say we shouldn't find a better way forward.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I would rather embarrass fans like yourself than sell our souls to Saudi owners etc.
Its a stretch that a yank is taking over to be blunt because they dont even really understand "soccer" 

Given Delia and MWJ have no grasp of modern football, it’s not going to be much different then 

• Haha 2