Sign in to follow this  
daly

Duffy

He’s a liability and why is Wagner continuing to ignore Bathh

Unbelievably slow though he is now chasing the leading goal-scorers

Pity they are at the wrong end

Him and Gibson have been a disaster together for weeks now. Wagner totally culpable for still playing them together 

• Like 1

3rd highest goals scored.
Most goals conceded.

Our forwards are having their work cut out.

3 hours ago, S_81 said:

Him and Gibson have been a disaster together for weeks now. Wagner totally culpable for still playing them together 

Don’t let Hoggy see you say that! 

Is Duffy's contract three years? We're never going to shift him. It's not only that the Dad's Army strategy is failing miserably, but also that it will hamstring whoever comes in as both SD and HC. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Worst defence IN THE ENTIRE DIVISON yet there still some on here bending over backwards to defend Gibson

I think it’s more of a recognition that Duffy has been worse than Gibson yet some still seem to single out Gibson

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

I think it’s more of a recognition that Duffy has been worse than Gibson yet some still seem to single out Gibson

Exactly this. Gibson hasn't really been individually responsible for many goals this season (own goal aside which can happen to any defender).

Duffy however has made 6 or 7 mistakes himself leading to goals and has poorer distribution yet you see a selection of geniuses on here (Cambridge being a great example) who regularly calls for Gibson to be the one that's dropped.

Its called seeing what you want to see rather than what's happening.

I've never said anywhere that Gibson is exceptional but considering we aren't blessed with lots of talented CBs I would generally speaking play Gibson and Warner based on what we've seen this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Is Duffy's contract three years? We're never going to shift him. It's not only that the Dad's Army strategy is failing miserably, but also that it will hamstring whoever comes in as both SD and HC. 

I believe it is. He's probably on about £20k a week as well, so that's a millstone around our necks until 2026. Wouldn't surprise me if he hangs around as a backup next season and we have to pay him off in the summer of 2025.

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Exactly this. Gibson hasn't really been individually responsible for many goals this season (own goal aside which can happen to any defender).

Duffy however has made 6 or 7 mistakes himself leading to goals and has poorer distribution yet you see a selection of geniuses on here (Cambridge being a great example) who regularly calls for Gibson to be the one that's dropped.

Its called seeing what you want to see rather than what's happening.

I've never said anywhere that Gibson is exceptional but considering we aren't blessed with lots of talented CBs I would generally speaking play Gibson and Warner based on what we've seen this season.

Yep 100% agree. Gibson has been miles and miles better than Duffy. Gary Doherty looks a better signing.

To me Duffy looks like a non-league player. He's been so bad I'd release him, let alone start him in a league game. Just put the whole thing down as a massive mistake.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yep 100% agree. Gibson has been miles and miles better than Duffy. Gary Doherty looks a better signing.

To me Duffy looks like a non-league player. He's been so bad I'd release him, let alone start him in a league game. Just put the whole thing down as a massive mistake.

And with him being so poor, and randomly jumping into challenges exposing our entire back line, I think its pretty harsh to tar Gibson with the same brush because I don't think any CB would cope next to him right now.

Just now, hogesar said:

And with him being so poor, and randomly jumping into challenges exposing our entire back line, I think its pretty harsh to tar Gibson with the same brush because I don't think any CB would cope next to him right now.

Yes. Gibson was fine next to Hanley in our Covid season and fine when at Boro. Franco Baresi would struggle next to this buffoon.

• Like 1

The way that we overcommit players going forward and leave ourselves wide open to counterattacks mean any defenders would struggle. Really don't think our defensive problems are primarily the fault of the guys we pick at the back. Or to put it another way, if the only change we make is replacing Duffy and/or Gibson, I wouldn't be expecting things to improve any time soon.

Duffy was poor yesterday but I thought Giannoulis was our worst player by a country mile. Cant tackle and was beaten every time by the pace of whoever was running at him. Fisher was our best defender so if he can do it why can't Warner etc