Sign in to follow this  
For the future

Honour to play for Norwich City men team

It was an honour once. But now its just a paycheck and a job, has been for decades now. 'The good old days' of players playing for the badge and for pride with teams full of local players are long gone 

• Like 1

Whatever this team's shortcomings, I'm not sure anyone could really say it's been for want of trying. I take @cambridgeshire canary's point, but within that, I think this is a hard-working team full of good professionals who are doing their best for the badge (even if it's a temporary badge for everyone except Onel 😉 ). Would say the problem is a lack of quality in some areas and some bizarre tactical decisions, not a lack of 'honour'.

• Like 1

You need a good leader to inspire the players into playing for the honour of the club......funny, we had one of those, who insisted everyone recognise the honour it was to play for us. He even got us two promotions on the back of that.

We sacked him.

:classic_sad:

7 hours ago, For the future said:

This current Norwich squad are not wearing the shirt with honour to play for Norwich City so can this team prove me wrong .

I've no idea how you can tell whether this is true without reading their minds. Unless it's simply that winning honours the shirt and losing doesn't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, For the future said:

This current Norwich squad are not wearing the shirt with honour to play for Norwich City so can this team prove me wrong .

Just move the top 26 brief to a 36 and we’re laughing. 

Work-rate rise isn't a problem. They're covering more distances than Farke seasons comfortably (when last checked). I dont think that's the problem.

I don't actually believe Wagner has lost the players yet, nor is there is a lack of effort. A lack of confidence or low spirits might mean some players might hold back a bit.

I don't agree with the Farke analogy one bit - prime example Project Restart where we were absolutely gutless and probably only Onel showed any passion or desire.

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Work-rate rise isn't a problem. They're covering more distances than Farke seasons comfortably (when last checked). I dont think that's the problem.

Agreed I think this is as honest a bunch of players as we have ever had everyone putting the effort in and everyone wants the same thing. I feel that the brand of football Wagner is asking them to play is high risk and high reward and hard to pull off consistently for 90 minutes. Oh and I agree with Duffy we need to stop giving wrap goals away.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't actually believe Wagner has lost the players yet, nor is there is a lack of effort. A lack of confidence or low spirits might mean some players might hold back a bit.

I don't agree with the Farke analogy one bit - prime example Project Restart where we were absolutely gutless and probably only Onel showed any passion or desire.

Think Rowe's goal in our last match showed he has passion and desire. Only issue is I worry it's partly also himself wanting to be in the shop window for January..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

They probably are. Farke teams were more efficient. Also in the last few seasons I would expect most clubs players are fitter and cover more distance. Modern football on the pitch is played at an incredible intensity. Even lower levels have the resources to collect data and react to it. What will a player look like in 20 years?I would imagine huge athletic builds with the introduction of more substitutes. 

14 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I've no idea how you can tell whether this is true without reading their minds. Unless it's simply that winning honours the shirt and losing doesn't.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think Rowe's goal in our last match showed he has passion and desire. Only issue is I worry it's partly also himself wanting to be in the shop window for January..

Proving LYB’s point CC.

Winning/scoring=playing well.

Losing=playing badly.

I get that people are upset, but we do get a lot of reductive rubbish.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Whatever this team's shortcomings, I'm not sure anyone could really say it's been for want of trying. I take @cambridgeshire canary's point, but within that, I think this is a hard-working team full of good professionals who are doing their best for the badge (even if it's a temporary badge for everyone except Onel 😉 ). Would say the problem is a lack of quality in some areas and some bizarre tactical decisions, not a lack of 'honour'.

Unfortunately I didn't see much passion on the pitch Tuesday night and absolutely no leadership.  The body language of our two central defenders trudging up the pitch in silence for a corner is really poor and its the same for attacking players trudging back. They all look like Robots going through the motions, 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yep , that's because we aren't in control and are the ones chasing,  we are the teams farke destroyed in the last quarter of games. Chasing shadows will look great on paper. 

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Proving LYB’s point CC.

Winning/scoring=playing well.

Losing=playing badly.

I get that people are upset, but we do get a lot of reductive rubbish.

Probably,  but he was the only one who stood out at Coventry as well. Him and Sargent are really the only two positive attacking players we have, that's why losing one was a huge blow.