rock bus

How have we ended up with such a poor squad?

Having had a couple of years in the premier league and taken in millions in transfer fees how have we ended up with such an awful squad?

(I know it’s rhetorical and the answer is Webber!)

although to be fair I actually don’t blame this years signings

what I can’t understand is how players like Idah, Springett,, Gibson, Hernandez and placheta are anywhere near our first team squad. We have even tried to get rid of the last two on loan to what were then lower league teams.

Christ, somehow we’ve ended up in a position where McLean is one of our best players and I’ve spent the previous 4 years convinced he wasn’t good enough!

it’s a disgrace.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Being without 3 of our ideal front 4 (including Sainz) isn't helping but it's clear our main problem is the defensively soft midfield.

Been glaring for a long time. Plus the reliance on poor, past it, centre backs 

Because despite what many clowns on here think we are not a well run club at all, self funding is not the way to do things at this level! 

• Like 1

Because the person who we should of kept heading the dof role and recruiting is at Boro. I fully believe we have Mr Scott to thank for the early recruiting successes. Webber just signed things off. As soon as he took more control when certain staff members left, it all went to sh!t 

• Like 1

I'm concerned with how we keep crumbling despite a clear focus on bringing in experienced, battle-hardened leaders over the summer. 

I thought that Duffy, Barnes (injured, admittedly), Stacey, Forshaw and Fassnacht, added to the likes of Gibson and McLean, were supposed to make days like Plymouth and today less likely.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

I dont actually think we have that poor a squad. Unbalanced certainly and lacking depth after our best eleven. 

It's not as good as Leeds by some margin but Leeds have spent considerably more on there's.

6 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Fact the turning point was firing Daniel farke.

Unforgiveable 

The summer before the Farke sacking. Webber threw their 'philosophy' out of the window in an attempt to be more competitive. It's obviously failed and we've been chasing losses ever since.

Step up Ben Knapper. At least he starts with a nice training ground.

• Like 1

The squad is unbalanced but a good manager would be getting much more out of it.

Wagner out.

Webber out.

Delia out.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

The biggest problem with this squad is it’s age profile, the manager said he wanted experience this summer (like just about every manager does) and for the first time in Webber’s tenure he got that instead of being given a relatively young squad with the task of developing the younger lads.