Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Championship Matches Tonight

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

Watching the Ipswich game - to be brutally honest they look excellent so far.

Binner.

No seriously why on Earth are you watching them when you could be doing ANYTHING else?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Binner.

No seriously why on Earth are you watching them when you could be doing ANYTHING else?

I've got a cold and no beer in the house.

Is this like a binner match thread?

If they score a couple more maybe the binfestation will come back enabling debts to be paid…

Spare a thought for Cheltenham Town, 1-0 down at HT as they search for their first.........GOAL ......of the season.

Edited by Ken Hairy

Hull have had all the possession...has there ever been a more ordinary side at the top of this league this far into a season??

Maybe the championship will turn out to be an even worse one than last season?

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

has there ever been a more ordinary side at the top of this league this far into a season??

Just hope that wave comes crashing down soon, doesn't look like it though - they're riding high and looking solid.  I just hope that we cut out giving away cheap possession by December as that's the only way I see them beating us.

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hull have had all the possession...has there ever been a more ordinary side at the top of this league this far into a season??

I think it's even worse already. 

If Leicester beat Preston tomorrow the top 2 will have clear daylight after only 10 games.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think it's even worse already. 

If Leicester beat Preston tomorrow the top 2 will have clear daylight after only 10 games.

They’ll be an approach by a bigger team for McKenna before we play them. If he stays they’re top 6, if he leaves then they’ll drop. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

They’ll be an approach by a bigger team for McKenna before we play them. If he stays they’re top 6, if he leaves then they’ll drop. 

Can't see it personally, any team wanting him will be in the prem relegation zone and he's not been tested in that scenario or turning around a dip in form.

Outside of that it would have to be a big Championship club like Leeds/Saints.  That could be more probable, perhaps.

Burnley beating Luton. Starting to squash up a bit at the bottom.

A couple of more weeks and Beloved Brentford might start to get nervous. They were shocking at Forest.

Just now, Google Bot said:

Can't see it personally, any team wanting him will be in the prem relegation zone and he's not been tested in that scenario or turning around a dip in form.

Outside of that it would have to be a big Championship club like Leeds/Saints.  That could be more probable, perhaps.

All opinions isn’t it but I think he’s a very clever head coach who’ll have admirers. If Nathan Jones can get a job in the PL McKenna certainly can. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

All opinions isn’t it but I think he’s a very clever head coach who’ll have admirers. If Nathan Jones can get a job in the PL McKenna certainly can. 

Sure I get that, but Jones has had far more experience than McKenna who's so far, only been part of an upward spiral.  I just couldn't see anyone in the Prem coming in for him, and I couldn't see McKenna jumping off this wagon.

People hoping it happens and it will signal a downturn in their form are going to be disappointed I think.  There's more chance of them hitting a bump in the road, or maybe an injury crisis, and then we'll see what a good manager he is.

Do they have City match threads on their forum?

Some of you must be soooo blue and lonesome…

Edited by nutty nigel

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just love football, mate.  All teams interest me, and while I dislike the scum I can only applaud what McKenna has done so far, i'd rather discuss elements like this than Saudi's buying the beautiful game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sure I get that, but Jones has had far more experience than McKenna who's so far, only been part of an upward spiral.  I just couldn't see anyone in the Prem coming in for him, and I couldn't see McKenna jumping off this wagon.

People hoping it happens and it will signal a downturn in their form are going to be disappointed I think.  There's more chance of them hitting a bump in the road, or maybe an injury crisis, and then we'll see what a good manager he is.

Jones had two good spells at Luton but absolutely flopped at Stoke and Southampton. Mckenna’s CV is already looking superior. 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You don’t have to comment if you have no interest in the subject.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You are supposed to mellow in your dotage Double N.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Burnley beating Luton. Starting to squash up a bit at the bottom.

A couple of more weeks and Beloved Brentford might start to get nervous. They were shocking at Forest.

1.1 now, can Luton beat our 22 points haul! Maybe not, 1.2 within seconds. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Just love football, mate.  All teams interest me, and while I dislike the scum I can only applaud what McKenna has done so far, i'd rather discuss elements like this than Saudi's buying the beautiful game.

It will only be beautiful once again when Cheltenham fans see a goal and the Glazers get done for fraud. And Saudi Arabia runs out of money.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I mean, this just sounds so bitter. Yes I know it’s Ipswich, but they clearly have a fantastic side this season and are top on merit and look like they can beat anyone right now. 

• Like 1