Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Post game trouble

23 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You have clearly never been to cricket or rugby 😂

That is 100% correct!

Although where I live now (Northamptonshire) they are big on cricket and there are a few clubs, but aside from college kids being a little loud around town after matches, you don't hear of any disorderly conduct. But of course if I look hard enough for cricket fans who got drunk and antisocial, or cracked someone else's knees with a bat, I'll probably find them.

3 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

That is 100% correct!

Although where I live now (Northamptonshire) they are big on cricket and there are a few clubs, but aside from college kids being a little loud around town after matches, you don't hear of any disorderly conduct. But of course if I look hard enough for cricket fans who got drunk and antisocial, or cracked someone else's knees with a bat, I'll probably find them.

If you google beer snakes at cricket you’ll see just how much cricket fans drink while watching. Football is the only sport I’ve been too where I’ve seen any trouble and I’ve been to a lot of sports. 

• Like 1

Try a big racehorse meet as well. York City centre after a big race meeting is a nightmare, Chester City centre looks like a nuclear bomb has been dropped on it. Its not just football, its more widespread than that.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Try a big racehorse meet as well. York City centre after a big race meeting is a nightmare, Chester City centre looks like a nuclear bomb has been dropped on it. Its not just football, its more widespread than that.

Or Sheffield city centre during the snooker championship. Carnage 

Just now, raunds canary said:

Or Sheffield city centre during the snooker championship. Carnage 

True, I do try to avoid it! 😆

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

True, I do try to avoid it! 😆

I met a guy off eggheads last time I was there . He was definitely a trouble maker 😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Look at them. What benefit to society are they? Disgusting, thick and fat useless excuses for humans. 

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Look at them. What benefit to society are they? Disgusting, thick and fat useless excuses for humans. 

Most of them appear to be middle aged men as well. I obviously wouldn't condone it if a bunch of 19 year olds did it but you would think grown men would know how to behave. Morons.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrD66M said:

That's not the point. The average football fan will outdrink the average fan of any other sport before / after the game then may get involved in some good or not so good antics. Heavy drinking and football are so connected, that if every football fan was teetotal, pubs wouldn't exist at all.

Of course there are good supporters who can keep themselves in check win lose or draw even after a few, but there are some who carry whatever personal frustrations they have into their team, have little self control and all they need is an excuse to blow up.

These people are probably idiots when sober as well though. Those of us on this forum who like a drink, don't suddenly start fights or attack people after a few beers. (Well I dont anyway!)

• Like 2

On 30/09/2023 at 20:41, Badger said:

I go most years for the Edgebaston test and the centre has always seemed fine to me.

There are places in all big cities where you have to be a bit careful after dark, especially with all the police cuts in the last 10 or 15 years.

Tory Britain

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

There is very little that would make me resort to violence in life these days. when I saw the trouble while walking with my mother, who’s a pensioner and her 80 year old friend I did wonder how I would be able to protect them if we got caught up in it. Lucky for us our car was close and we made it in before it came to it. 

15 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

There is very little that would make me resort to violence in life these days. when I saw the trouble while walking with my mother, who’s a pensioner and her 80 year old friend I did wonder how I would be able to protect them if we got caught up in it. Lucky for us our car was close and we made it in before it came to it. 

Were they attacking anyone and everyone or did they just go to that Pub / bar or whatever it is now ?

i think i read on twitter a Birmingham bus was pelted with something and they got off ??

did the people who threw stuff go in there and Birmingham followed them ? 

i was not there just trying to understand why they targeted that place 

20 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Were they attacking anyone and everyone or did they just go to that Pub / bar or whatever it is now ?

i think i read on twitter a Birmingham bus was pelted with something and they got off ??

did the people who threw stuff go in there and Birmingham followed them ? 

i was not there just trying to understand why they targeted that place 

The stuff I saw was all on the street up behind the train station. We park on Clarence road and it was all on the street out the back of the post office building. 

it just seemed like a big ruck in the street looked like was at least 50 or so people all caught up in it. Looked like absolute chaos 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The stuff I saw was all on the street up behind the train station. We park on Clarence road and it was all on the street out the back of the post office building. 

it just seemed like a big ruck in the street looked like was at least 50 or so people all caught up in it. Looked like absolute chaos 

whatever happened the poor bloke outside having a vape got the brunt of it ! 

59 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

Going back a bit but the Zulus launched a CS gas attack on the Murderers.

Upgraded their weaponry then