KiwiScot

Nazis in Norfolk

A WW2 re-enactment

No Nazis

German uniforms 

I’d probably have got lynched if I’d turned up in my reproduction Kubelwagen 

Meanwhile in Eastern Ukraine….

• Like 1

The SS fetishists are pretty much universally hated amongst the military history set. Wehrmacht are OK, but there is something wrong with these guys. 

• Like 2

Racism, where there is none

Nazi’ism where there is none.

I give you Donbas and Putins reimagining of World History 

And the kid trying to set fire to the Union Flag at the Cenotaph 

we are not acting as germans but other countrys nationals who fought

mmm some of the most brutal ss units and camp guards then

• Like 2

I see from Facebook that the person who identified this nut case is his estranged son. 

The rather is a Driving Instructor who I would imagine will soon have a lot of time on his hands. 

Guys obviously a fantasist. Probably harmless although misguided.

However when  you read about it, it seems the whole Sheringham thing is a bit 'Alice in Wonderland' down the rabbit hole for dressing up fantasists and make believe. Best avoided.

Perhaps it's a re-enactment or remake of 'The Eagle has Landed'. Can I be Michael Caine (whoops forgot the uniform)?

Edited by Yellow Fever

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Probably shouldn't laugh that they brought a child with them

That's pretty authentic for 1944-45 Nazi Germany.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

That's pretty authentic for 1944-45 Nazi Germany.

Sadly true. A lot of German youngsters fought in the last days with the Hitler Youth. And no, few if any had any practical choice. 

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Sadly true. A lot of German youngsters fought in the last days with the Hitler Youth. And no, few if any had any practical choice. 

Wasn't the very last time Hitler made any kind of public appearance before he did the right thing and blew his brains out was him handing out medals to kids and teenage fighters in Berlin?

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wasn't the very last time Hitler made any kind of public appearance before he did the right thing and blew his brains out was him handing out medals to kids and teenage fighters in Berlin?

No, he escaped to Argentina on a U boat along with Eva and his dog, Blondi.

I saw it on the Discovery channel so it must be true.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Herman said:

The SS fetishists are pretty much universally hated amongst the military history set. Wehrmacht are OK, but there is something wrong with these guys. 

One of my friends has done the North Yorkshire Moors Railway Wartime Weekend a few times. Apparently there is a group of “enthusiasts” who used to greet people coming off the trains in a very authentic portrayal of the way that Jewish prisoners would have been met during WW2. My friend found it quite disturbing and I understand that the group has been uninvited in recent years.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

One of my friends has done the North Yorkshire Moors Railway Wartime Weekend a few times. Apparently there is a group of “enthusiasts” who used to greet people coming off the trains in a very authentic portrayal of the way that Jewish prisoners would have been met during WW2. My friend found it quite disturbing and I understand that the group has been uninvited in recent years.

16 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

That is pretty grim and you can see why these groups try and chase them away.

It's not my cup of tea but I understand why people like to dress up for these types of weekends. Wartime, 50s specials, Northern Soul etc. Takes you out of the humdrum once in a while.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I think my question would be what are these WW2 'weekends' supposed to be apart from money making jamborees? 

1. A little too close for re-enactments - give it another twenty years (100 years old) i.e. as per civil war societies - nobody remembers or cares about the actual 'war'.

2. A sombre 'remembrance' of the war.

3. A completely fictional and irreverent 1940s styled party a bit like and as shallow as 'Long March' themed restaurant I once ate in China. Yes they had all the uniforms too.

I think the answer to this question should answer what they should be. It seems to me however that they are as per point 3 with little of point 2. One set of dressed up fantasists criticising another set of fantasists. 

My own view is really point 1. Don't really like either of them outside Dad Army.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2023 at 19:46, Foxy2600 said:

A WW2 re-enactment

No Nazis

German uniforms 

I’d probably have got lynched if I’d turned up in my reproduction Kubelwagen 

Meanwhile in Eastern Ukraine….

Meanwhile in eastern Ukraine....

https://www.idcommunism.com/2023/01/ukraines-parliament-pays-tribute-to-nazi-collaborator-terrorist-stepan-bandera.html

https://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages%5CB%5CR%5CBrotherhoodofFormerSoldiersoftheFirstUkrainianDivisionoftheUkrainianNationalArmy.htm

off course anybody can join the international brotherhood of the Galician Waffen SS if they agree with these Nazis. They should make Mark Urban of News..hite an honorable member of Asov/Right sector.

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/09/26/canadas-ukrainian-nazi-ottawas-policy/