It's not just the outright fee comparison (which we look like losing out on) but the opportunity cost of signing that player. We could and should have signed someone far suited to NCFC and Championship football.

For clubs like us it's absolutely crucial that when we spill £8-£10m on a player we know what we're landing ourselves in for. Tzolis and Rashica were pretty dire signings to be fair and were not Webber's finest moments.

He's got plenty right though, usually those that have cost little or no fee.

I think subject to the add ons being activated will take the transfer close to what we paid for him in the first place. You would of thought if its linked with the likes of appearances we will recoup almost what we paid for him, which isnt bad in the circumstances. One to forget about and I hope we do choose to reinvest some of this money.

There is a certain amount of the "some you win, some you lose" philosophy that has to be applied to the transfer market.

We got Pukki for nothing, Buendia for relative peanuts. It evens out.

Nevertheless, the signings of the likes of Naismith and Rashica remain a massive heartache to many of us because our club has less ability to sustain mistakes which pale into insignificance when compared with some of the massive losses in the market incurred by the bigger boys which are too numerous and commonplace to list.

Good riddance Milot. F. off!

He's off the books and another club's problem. Let's just be thankful we recouped a decent sum which can hopefully be put to better use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I continue to belive that signing Rashica was the single biggest mistake (amongst the many) of that disastrous transfer window. The number of times he received the ball during an offensive transition and failed to play the obvious pass to create an opening meant he was actively having a negative impact on the team.

His only instinct was to take on his man and take far too many touches which invariably allowed the attack to peter out. On the rare occasion that he did get into a threatening position, he only ever hit aimless crosses to no one in particular or blasted the ball off target. 

I know that some people enjoy watching a player run with the ball, regardless of the end product (hence the amount of love for Onel on here) but, the vast majority of the time, the objectively better choice is to pass it. In that regard, Rashica made the wrong decision almost every time.

People talk about a lack of effort, as if he might have been really good for us had he tried harder; I say it's a lack of intelligence that prevented him from knowing what to do with the ball. He was an unmitigated disaster of a signing and I'm incredibly relieved that he'll never play for us again. 

It's not really about the (not insignificant) financial cost but the enormous 'opportunity cost' of all those wasted minutes on the pitch. Imagine all the goal we might have scored if we had a different player who understood how to play the passes Pukki relied on... 

great post. Love the ellipsis at the end. We know you mean Todd.

• Thanks 1

4.5m seems very disappointing to be honest. Shouldve held out for 7.5m surely we could've got that? He wasn't great for us but last season in Turkey it looked like he had a better season 

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

I continue to belive that signing Rashica was the single biggest mistake (amongst the many) of that disastrous transfer window. The number of times he received the ball during an offensive transition and failed to play the obvious pass to create an opening meant he was actively having a negative impact on the team.

Yeah 100% agree, but I think a lot of players were playing for themselves as the weeks progressed, none more than himself though.

Pukki was starved of service, and meanwhile we're treated to Gilmour trying to do too much, Kabak running up the pitch and losing possession, Rashica only looking out for himself, Max descending into self preservation mode, Cantwell going AWOL...  It was a real mess.

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Has Milo sent a message to the Norwich fans upon leaving?

After all we did have a song for him...

@Terminally Yellow Is writing it on behalf of Milo. Something along the lines of Thank **** I’m out of here, never wanted to join the ******* club in the first place. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Splendid news, goes down as Webbers worst signing?

For the money spent, the hole that needed filling (Emi), Webber completely missed the brief for what we needed.

I remember being so excited to see him subbed on for his debut and see what we could do with Pukki. Then he came on and just ran down the wing and lofted poor crosses in for Teemu. Not his game at all. And it never got better. 

• Like 2

Is Gala are know calling Besiktas "Terrorists" and wanting an apology from them.   All a bit bizarre, really.  Passionate lot though!

Seen him play against Bodø/Glimt home and away now. 

Glad we sold him. Was substituted in bought games. Had some good moments, but Bjørkan (the left defender at Bodø/Glimt ) made him look like a league 1 player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

What happened to Bjørkan and Patrick Berg Olano? Both looked like they were going to be brilliant players but then ended up back home after failing outside of Norway. Can only play Knutsen's system or something else?

Berg and Bjørkan plays for Norway.

Berg is a fantastic player, but he is a player that needs trust. The manager that signed him in France was fired before he came to France. He had offers in Belgium, but had a pregnant wife that wanted to go to Bodø. If I remember right his plan is to go to Italy ore Spain but not right now (he is a wanted man)

Bjørkan did not play well in Belgium ore Germany, he is back to his normal play now, but it took 1 year for him to be back in normal shape.

They have a new striker Faris that's as good as the old striker Victor Boniface. 

Good time to support Glimt, problem is that Norwich is my nr1 team😂😂