Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

2015 play-off final on Sky at 2pm

Highlights from that special day look as though they're on Sky Football for those that have it at 2pm today.

Spoiler alert: don't tune in late

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

One of my fav memories of a Norwich fan. Incredible day

Unbelievable day

Just now, BigManInTheBarclay said:

nice quick 15min watch 

haha. Though to be fair I enjoyed the way we saw the game out almost as much as that blistering start. I've kind of always seen us as a team who doesn't really rise to the big occasion, but we were pretty much perfect that day

• Thanks 1

My fav memory of the day was going back to the NCFC supporters pub the Old Red Lion in Angel, London, and forming a conga line out of the pub and back in again to the song ‘Jumped Up Kicks’ by Foster the People played on their sound system on repeat, the chorus lyrics changed to:

”All we’ve got to do is win at Wembley,

we’re going up to the Premier League!”

I hope some of you on here were there for that, a time to be alive! 

Edited by Danke bitte
  • Like 2

Wes Hoolahan had a 100% pass success rate in that game. Snubbed off for Gary  O'Neill to close the game out.  It was the perfect performance in so many ways.....it never felt in doubt , at all, the entire  game. 

6 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That noise when Nathan scored the 2nd, will always send the hairs up on the back of my neck

Was a great goal, particularly including the build up. 

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That noise when Nathan scored the 2nd, will always send the hairs up on the back of my neck

We had to leave  at full-time  due to travel plans, walking down Wembley way , We were the only two in yellow and green  in a sea of red and white. A bit nervous tbh  but the Boro fans were  decent and congratulated us on performance and victory. .... fair play to them as they must have been so disappointed.  Great day all round.  

35 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

My fav memory of the day was going back to the NCFC supporters pub the Old Red Lion in Angel, London, and forming a conga line out of the pub and back in again to the song ‘Jumped Up Kicks’ by Foster the People played on their sound system on repeat, the chorus lyrics changed to:

I was staying with a girlfriend in London and before I left for the game I told her if we lost I wouldn't return but carry straight on to Patagonia to lose myself. On the Tube back - full of Middlesbrough supporters -  I was able to phone and say I wasn't heading for Patagonia.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

We had to leave  at full-time  due to travel plans, walking down Wembley way , We were the only two in yellow and green  in a sea of red and white. A bit nervous tbh  but the Boro fans were  decent and congratulated us on performance and victory. .... fair play to them as they must have been so disappointed.  Great day all round.  

For me it was sweet revenge for the 1-0 home defeat a month before, game ****housery aside, it was more their fans celebrating immediately afterwards who let all around them (us included) that they were definitely going up and we weren't! The taunting was relentless as we headed to our car.

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

For me it was sweet revenge for the 1-0 home defeat a month before, game ****housery aside, it was more their fans celebrating immediately afterwards who let all around them (us included) that they were definitely going up and we weren't! The taunting was relentless as we headed to our car.

Yep  , I remember that game clearly.  Bamford was superb at chasing and falling at the slightest  touch , the cont, but he was excellent at it, I hated and admired him at the same time.  They did us, for sure...... I bet Alex Neil used that to stimulate our totally dominant performance.  The Wee Man was superb for that spell between taking over and promotion. 

• Like 1

On 27/07/2023 at 14:04, Danke bitte said:

Good times indeed......was a fantastic night!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Good times indeed......was a fantastic night!

Yes!!!! You hero!!!!! Thank you so much for this! 

• Like 1

We had no right winning that given the season Boro had. Was a spectacular day out. Got caught on the way out of London by some Boro fans who were complementary if gutted