Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

Fisher & Manning

After their run out at Barnet does this mean they will be part of the first team squad, out on loan till Xmas or with the U21s.

My understanding is they could be on the bench (odd appearances), and still turn out for the U21s regularly. It will be interesting who from the U21s features at Lynn with senior players back........Tompkinson, Clark, Kamara, Warner and Hills (and the above two)

I imagine they will sit in with the 21s or whatever it is these days. Remember we had 12 first teamers (ie from our current squad, so we may lose or add some to that number) missing from the Barnet game, and still used two different XIs.

I thought Fisher looked pretty good to be honest. It was hard to tell because it's the first game of pre season against non-league opposition but he won his tackles mostly, got up and down the pitch well, his passing was tidy, always showed for the ball, was brave and showed some nice bits of skill. 

That game was a million miles away from Championship level but I liked what I saw from him, there's definitely a player in there. 

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I thought Fisher looked pretty good to be honest. It was hard to tell because it's the first game of pre season against non-league opposition but he won his tackles mostly, got up and down the pitch well, his passing was tidy, always showed for the ball, was brave and showed some nice bits of skill. 

That game was a million miles away from Championship level but I liked what I saw from him, there's definitely a player in there. 

My thoughts, as well. I was wondering who will be named as part of the squad and who will stay with the U21s. I cannot see there being too many opportunities for centre backs, so another season out on loan for Tomkinson, and maybe hills would now ready for a non league loan. Fisher did seem to be playing wide, though without the pace of a winger - perhaps a shift to full back at some point.

Clark, Kamara and Warner did not look ready to step up at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens with Springett and Rowe. Another loan ?

I'd expect them to be pencilled in for the development squad but, as with the likes of gibbs & aarons in previous seasons rhe first team squad will be possible if the chance is there to be taken.

11 minutes ago, ZLF said:

I'd expect them to be pencilled in for the development squad but, as with the likes of gibbs & aarons in previous seasons rhe first team squad will be possible if the chance is there to be taken.

This 

fisher looked a class above first half and wouldn’t be surprised to see him in and around the team sooner rather than later 

Not sure what the OPs obsession is with Manning, but he didn’t look bad either 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yobocop said:

This 

fisher looked a class above first half and wouldn’t be surprised to see him in and around the team sooner rather than later 

He's played one game against Barnet, for crying out loud. Let's not put massive expectation on the lad.

1 hour ago, TheGoogler said:

He's played one game against Barnet, for crying out loud. Let's not put massive expectation on the lad.

Absolutely 

14 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Did he look physical enough? Some players can handle the step up in the more brutal aspects of the game where others are full of skill but not capable of looking after themselves.

That is what I find annoying about Idah. If he said coal was pink I would agree with him. But he looks timid at times. 

Edited by keelansgrandad

16 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I thought they might be the solicitors completing the takeover. 

I thought they might be the solicitors biding their time on the Takeover.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I thought they might be the solicitors biding their time on the Takeover.

😦 

14 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Two posts about a player ? You're more weird than I thought.

Send Tompkinson out on loan like last season just before CB injury crisis.  Not ready for first team but need some cover jn case 1 of our fit 3 CB's are injured, which is likely unless we get a 4th CB in.  We have had CB crisis more than once in last couple of seasons.   

5 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

And then Fisher will start for us play one bad game and get treated the same as Idah.

41 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Two posts about a player ? You're more weird than I thought.

Yeah just seems a bit strange…I’ve got my eye on you