Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Boris Johnson Deliberately Misled The House

Well, the lying bouffant-haired window-licking cretin would say that, wouldn't he?

I’m shocked. Shocked, I tell you. Who could have known that that nice Boris was actually a self-serving, self-interested, selfish, lying narcissist?!? I never saw that coming, etc. etc.

Edited by Nuff Said

Seriously, who didn’t think this was coming the day he was elected? If you spent ten minutes reading about the bloke, it was as clear as the nose on your face that from his schooldays onwards, his only interest was himself and everything he did was about his own desires and ambitions. Sometimes I despair about the general public. 

• Like 5

Mind you, this guy says that the committee was biased against Johnson so maybe everyone else is wrong?

IMG_0049.jpeg

• Haha 1

(He also says he’s surprised it’s taken this long for him to be awarded a knighthood - by Johnson. But the gong has nothing to do with his comments.)

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Seriously, who didn’t think this was coming the day he was elected? If you spent ten minutes reading about the bloke, it was as clear as the nose on your face that from his schooldays onwards, his only interest was himself and everything he did was about his own desires and ambitions. Sometimes I despair about the general public. 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Pretty obvious Brexit was going to **** us too, but the nation still went for it.

• Like 1

Surely we just all agree the Johnson is a lying self serving idiot conman and there are way too many people taken in by his act! 

• Like 6

Pretty damning stuff.

Sky's deputy political editor Sam Coates is continuing to go through the report and has alighted upon what he described as "damning" testimony from an unnamed junior Downing Street official.

In the statement, included in the appendix of the privileges committee investigation, the official says Downing Street was "like an island oasis of normality", while the rest of the country was put under tighter and tighter COVID restrictions.

"During the pandemic, No 10, despite setting the rules to the country, was slow to enforce any rules in the building", the official says.

"This was all part of a wider culture of not adhering to any rules. No 10 was like an island oasis of normality. Operational notes were sent out from the security team to be mindful of the cameras outside the door, not to go out in groups and to social distance, it was all a pantomime.

"Birthday parties, leaving parties and end of the week gatherings all continued as normal. Those responsible for the leadership of No 10 failed to keep it a safe space and should have set rules from the start that these gatherings should not continue."

58 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pretty obvious Brexit was going to **** us too, but the nation still went for it.

Yup, like I say, despair. 

12 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

It's nuanced.

The non-Scottish born voters swung the vote.

Skating on thin ice there?

You (and The Daily Record) could also have said old people, women, wealthy people or “the highest earners, home owners and people who described themselves as middle class” swung the vote. On top of which the article says more than 300,000 of non-Scottish born voters would have voted no (if the results of the survey were accurate).Given that the majority for no was 383,937, those 300,000 votes wouldn’t have been enough to change the result.

Whatever, “we would have won it if it wasn’t for those pesky immigrants” isn’t really a great look.

The amount of partying that went on in Downing Street and elsewhere was far in excess of what you'd normally expect to find in a typical well-functioning workplace, even without covid restrictions.  And I bet we don't know the half of it.

But what else can we expect when there are five (subsidised) bars in the Houses of Parliament, open all hours, and 'work' doesn't start until after 'lunch'?  Partygate is just an extreme example of the dominant culture. 

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

The amount of partying that went on in Downing Street and elsewhere was far in excess of what you'd normally expect to find in a typical well-functioning workplace, even without covid restrictions.  And I bet we don't know the half of it.

But what else can we expect when there are five bars in the Houses of Parliament, open all hours, and 'work' doesn't start until after 'lunch'?  Johnson is just an extreme example of the dominant culture. 

A friend of mine used to work in Parliament and thus I did once get to go to one of those subsidised bars. This was a good 8-10 years ago but a pint there cost about £2 while anywhere else in London you'd have been paying nearer a fiver. It always struck me as bizarre. I've heard it argued that this is more for the junior assistants, SPADS etc who are paid terribly but people all over the country are in low paid jobs and don't get subsidised alcohol as a perk.

I've worked in places where a couple of free beers on a Friday at 5pm was the norm but the culture in Westminster is crazy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

To answer the question,  no one. People knew exactly who they were voting for. That they chose to do it anyway shows just how bad things were in labour at the time.

I don’t despair at the public. The public is cleverer than you give them credit for and they know better than anyone how they feel on any matter. If you want something or someone to blame, put it on the alternatives.

5 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

To answer the question,  no one. People knew exactly who they were voting for. That they chose to do it anyway shows just how bad things were in labour at the time.

I don’t despair at the public. The public is cleverer than you give them credit for and they know better than anyone how they feel on any matter. If you want something or someone to blame, put it on the alternatives.

What about the ones still clinging to the bloated carcass of Johnson? They deserve more than despair. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

What about the ones still clinging to the bloated carcass of Johnson? They deserve more than despair. 

He will still have his supporters. His charisma remains and he still best represents the thoughts of a lot of people.   

I suspect though that come the election most will have forgotten Boris as both major parties will be courting this section of the electorate.

10 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I think that's wrong.

Johnson has just been found guilty of misleading the house. A serious contempt. He also clearly misled or perhaps you would prefer conned the general public too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

He will still have his supporters. His charisma remains and he still best represents the thoughts of a lot of people.   

I suspect though that come the election most will have forgotten Boris as both major parties will be courting this section of the electorate.

So we're right to despair then. 

• Like 1

If anyone still supports the bloviating mongrel after that, then it speaks volumes for cognitive dissonance. Or possibly even a form of Stockholm Syndrome.

• Like 1

Johnson has previously been sacked for lying from The Times newspaper, and also the Shadow Cabinet.

The fact that he's got away with lie after lie over the years is the extraordinary thing.

• Like 1

Can they take away his parliamentary pension? Any other job and they could. It's disgusting that he'll be leaving off the taxpayers for life.

56 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Johnson has previously been sacked for lying from The Times newspaper, and also the Shadow Cabinet.

The fact that he's got away with lie after lie over the years is the extraordinary thing.

He's the very definition of failing upwards.

I think history is going to reveal that the old 'Tory' party sold it's very soul to the populist devil.

Surprisingly enough, the devil now wants his dues and I guess the Tory party didn't read the small print........   

• Like 1

Frankly I'm totally amazed and concerned at some of the die hard Johnson supporters. They are straight out of the deranged Trump victim-hood playbook and his maggoty base. It's a witch-hunt, kangaroo court, innocent and so on. A complete lack of morals.

Banged to rights is nearer the truth.

• Like 4