Chichcan

Shane Duffy’s heading ability

https://statsbomb.com/articles/soccer/introducing-hops-a-new-way-to-evaluate-heading-ability/

statsbomb have looked at heading ability using a score they’ve come up with and looked at 60,000 players across the world and Shane Duffy came out as 2nd best in the entire world

It would make a change to have a great header of the ball in the team if he comes here

Data skeptics can just ignore the thread!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a good read and a much better than simply looking at aerial win%.

The article talks about Van Dijk and the confidence intervals increasing after his ACL injury, there has to be some skepticism surrounding Duffy too, he's played pretty much no football this season and hasn't really had a full season since 18/19. Maybe that means his score 3/4 years ago would've been even better I'm not sure.

The other question for me would be, even if he is a great header of the ball, is that the key attribute required for Wagner's style of play? 

10 minutes ago, repman said:

The other question for me would be, even if he is a great header of the ball, is that the key attribute required for Wagner's style of play? 

I would have thought it was more of a question of countering the other teams style of play.

33 minutes ago, repman said:

The article talks about Van Dijk and the confidence intervals increasing after his ACL injury, there has to be some skepticism surrounding Duffy too, he's played pretty much no football this season and hasn't really had a full season since 18/19. Maybe that means his score 3/4 years ago would've been even better I'm not sure.

Good point about Duffy’s injuries

Regarding your last sentence I’d have thought it must be an advantage at defending corners and free kicks regardless of Wagners style

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Where does Hanley’s attacking headers come ability wise? 

Bottom of the list in the entire world 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Where does Hanley’s attacking headers come ability wise? 

I sit near the corner flag and **** myself every time Hanley tries to score with his head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Bottom of the list in the entire world 🙂

Impossible... we have worse...

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's good at head? Good to know.

Does this ruin most of your nightly dreams?

Looking at his highlight reels, Duffy is pretty good at scoring with downward headers from corners. Could be a real game-changer to see NCFC taking an early lead with one or two of those...

Mind you, he hasn't signed for us yet has he?

7 hours ago, repman said:

Been able to defend?

I f**king hope so.

Posts like this have a horrible habit of coming back and biting us on the ar5ė

14 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Only the wet ones

You had to lower the tone Grandad. Shame on you.