Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

NCFC news

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I wonder how quickly the Webber outers would have a change of tune the moment Neil Adams takes over.

There will inevitably be an outpour of moaning - cheap option, failed manager, small club mentality, cozy little Norwich, lack of ambition etc

Will also be cries for Farke to come back as Sporting Director.

Having said that, not sure I would disagree!

12 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I wonder how quickly the Webber outers would have a change of tune the moment Neil Adams takes over.

i do not think NA wants or would take  such a high profile job 

he likes being private in the background i would be surprised if he was made DOF 

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Managing a club in the prem league at Old Trafford wasn't high profile then? 

Edited by Google Bot

Just now, norfolkngood said:

he likes being private in the background i would be surprised if he was made DOF 

Neil Adams who took the managers job in the past and accepted the promotion from loans manager to assistant sporting director wouldn't step up again?

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Managing a club in the prem league at Old Trafford wasn't high profile then? 

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Neil Adams who took the managers job in the past and accepted the promotion from loans manager to assistant sporting director wouldn't step up again?

There is a reason why he stepped down as manager 

that is why i doubt he would put himself in the limelight again 

that reason might have changed of the time period since he was manager but i doubt it 

i am sure he might do it short term until they find someone 

Edited by norfolkngood

He went on a run of 1 win in 10 in the Championship not long before he 'resigned'. Sure, he decided he just didn't fancy the limelight. 

He's clearly being groomed for the role. Only way I see him not taking over is if it's a massive failure from Webber this season and he goes at some point in the season.

13 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

There is a reason why he stepped down as manager 

that is why i doubt he would put himself in the limelight again 

I think you need to appreciate that this isn't a hobby for him, Like all people in secondary positions he probably sits thinking what he could do better sat in that role and gets frustrated with what happens. 

But more importantly, the pay rise that he'd be on, and the chance of truly achieving something great at a club he has in his heart would be impossible to turn down.

Strikes me as a very humble man who lives within his means - he would most likely be set for life taking that job.  And it's nowhere near the profile of managing a club in the prem league, if he doesn't seek the once a year PR crusades that Stu does he could request that we have a chairmen/spokesperson for profile occasions and carry out his work in relative privacy.

But let's get it right, most of the hatred towards Webber, he's brought on himself.  Adams is never going to start on that foot to begin with, he's not the arrogant type and certainly wouldn't start making comments about 90%, Drunk 40-60 year olds, divorcees, zero interest in womens football etc.

Personally don't want him in that role, but I could see him taking it.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

He went on a run of 1 win in 10 in the Championship not long before he 'resigned'. Sure, he decided he just didn't fancy the limelight. 

He's clearly being groomed for the role. Only way I see him not taking over is if it's a massive failure from Webber this season and he goes at some point in the season.

Whilst that is true, the run was in October and November. His final five league games saw him win 3, draw 1 and lose 1.

In fact, his final two home games saw us score 11 and concede 1.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Strikes me as a very humble man who lives within his means - he would most likely be set for life taking that job.  And it's nowhere near the profile of managing a club in the prem league, we could request that we have a chairmen/spokesperson for profile occasions and carry out his work in relative privacy.

Yes i think that would be a big factor IF he took the job 

like i said the reason why he resigned would have changed over the years 

he is well thought of and would do anything for the club you are dead right there 

that is why the club offered him another role later loan manager ( in the background ) 

things might have changed over the years and he might well take the job 

I wouldn't be hugely disappointed to see him given a go at it. I'd like us to be more ambitious to be fair but think he could do a job.

Let's face it, he can't do much worse than the current iteration of Webber that we're having to put up with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes i think that would be a big factor IF he took the job 

like i said the reason why he resigned would have changed over the years 

he is well thought of and would do anything for the club you are dead right there 

that is why the club offered him another role later loan manager ( in the background ) 

things might have changed over the years and he might well take the job 

What is it with people writing street poetry today?  None of this rhymes either.  Let's have a little jiggle around here:

"I think that's a factor, if he took the job aiii'right,

But the reason he resigned, may have differed in da'night,

Man got dem respects, he big up the club homies,

That's why the boardroom motherf****s had him on loanees"

Yeah, take your point, bro.  :classic_wink:

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, rock bus said:

There will inevitably be an outpour of moaning - cheap option, failed manager, small club mentality, cozy little Norwich, lack of ambition etc

Will also be cries for Farke to come back as Sporting Director.

Having said that, not sure I would disagree!

I think Adams deserves to be treated with a clean slate if he steps up but I imagine the leash will be short from a fans perspective. 

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

What is it with people writing street poetry today?  None of this rhymes either.  Let's have a little jiggle around here:

i am not like Webber i am giving 75 % to my Job ( working) , 25 % message board !!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

You been at that mayo google?

37 minutes ago, Justin time said:

You been at that mayo google?

To be honest, I popped out for lunch and went for a jog and they were spraying the fields around me - didn't think much to it other than it smelt bad.  Came back and made a few posts.

I'm now sat with a banging headache reading my posts from half an hour ago and wondering if I should seek help. :classic_blush:

Alternatively, if MA Jnr is reading this, there's no better time to empty his mayo over my face.

Edited by Google Bot

49 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If he did take the job, I'd fully support him as I am sure, he'd give 100% to his new role.

But would imagine that is only because he is Mr Norwich and not some unknown 

im guessing for sure 

Neil Adams isn’t a bad shout, it should be remembered who helped build that Lambert squad before he came in to manage it! He’s certainly no manager but I for one think he’d be a decent shout in the job he’s been more or less involved as understudy! He’s also gonna want to prove he can do a better job than Webber. Additionally he’ll not be on about getting out at every interview as if we should be grateful to him doing his job and not giving it full respect like the current employee!

Apology I’m getting old and confused 😂

Edited by Indy

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Neil Adams isn’t a bad shout, it should be remembered who helped build that Lambert squad before he came in to manage it! He’s certainly no manager but I for one think he’d be a decent shout in the job he’s been more or less involved as understudy! He’s also gonna want to prove he can do a better job than Webber. Additionally he’ll not be on about getting out at every interview as if we should be grateful to him doing his job and not giving it full respect like the current employee!

Errrm, what?

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Got your timelines muddled there a bit my old mucker 

• Haha 1

Presume he means Alex Neil. Not sure spaffing money on Carlos quellar, iqnasi miguel and Kyle Lafferty is an endorsement of Adams getting anywhere near it !!!

20 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

To be honest, I popped out for lunch and went for a jog and they were spraying the fields around me - didn't think much to it other than it smelt bad.  Came back and made a few posts.

I'm now sat with a banging headache reading my posts from half an hour ago and wondering if I should seek help. :classic_blush:

Alternatively, if MA Jnr is reading this, there's no better time to empty his mayo over my face.

What the hell man? ( see what I did there.)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Got your timelines muddled there a bit my old mucker 

Indeed, sorry Adams mixed…long day & week

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Errrm, what?

Yes yes long day Kingo! 😂👍