Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

The Right Way to Treat a Loyal Fan?

Just now, Google Bot said:

Bright lights cause him temporary paralysis I believe.  Sat in the South Stand for years without an issue, no-one knows what brought it on, apparently....

Glad that its you and not me making 'light ' of his issues.

32 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Jesus. Why don't you just have a day off this sh!t. 

There are Ipswich fans that hate the club less than you do.

I know it is hard to believe but he has a smaller fan club on here than Stuart Webber and that really takes some doing.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I know it is hard to believe but he has a smaller fan club on here than Stuart Webber and that really takes some doing.

You only rate 2 people on here and 1 of them is yourself. Does that endear you to other posters?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Bright lights cause him temporary paralysis I believe.  Sat in the South Stand for years without an issue, no-one knows what brought it on, apparently....

Bet it’s those bloody new floodlights then

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

You only rate 2 people on here and 1 of them is yourself. Does that endear you to other posters?

Shots fired… 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I've had the same issue. There are areas where you can have season tkts and areas you can't. I sat on that gantry for a few games this season but could only do it game by game. If I could I'd have my season ticket there. But I can't. Stephen Graham is brilliant in the ticket office so I could still apply to move there sometimes game by game. Though doing this you take the chance of getting restricted view. 

I'd like to reiterate the praise for Stephen Graham - he has been absolutely brilliant on more than one occasion when I was trying to make arrangements for my, by then, very frail parents. He was incredibly kind, patient and thorough. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

I actually rate and know in person literally dozens of posters on here. If just maybe you expand your self absorbed bubble you live in you might notice that fact.Of course there are posters i don't rate on here and that applies to each and every one of us using the forum but boy o boy you are right up there in a class of your own however you seem blissfully unaware.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I'd like to reiterate the praise for Stephen Graham - he has been absolutely brilliant on more than one occasion when I was trying to make arrangements for my, by then, very frail parents. He was incredibly kind, patient and thorough. 

Absolutely. I know that many people will echo those thoughts.

I think one point that is being made is that some of the more recent staff recruits do not have or haven’t been trained to adopt the same values as those longer standing staff that remain.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Rather flies in the face of your opening post as Stephen Graham is the guy at NCFC who has been dealing with Colin.

The thing that sticks out in the letter is the use of quotation marks for 'FA ruling'. That implies to me that he was told that the club has to comply with some rules that's forced them to act this way and that Colin doesn't know what the ruling is. In fairness, it's hard to know how he could work it out without a lot of searching through FA rulings.

The letter raises a lot of questions, which begs the question why no journos have followed it up.

You know guys, sometimes there isn't a big conspiracy and it's just circumstance that people find themselves in frustrating situations.  The club are clearly trying to help the chap out as much as they can, perhaps we should praise them for that rather than trying to find fault in every single thing they do.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

You know guys, sometimes there isn't a big conspiracy and it's just circumstance that people find themselves in frustrating situations.  The club are clearly trying to help the chap out as much as they can, perhaps we should praise them for that rather than trying to find fault in every single thing they do.

Steady on!! You do know this is the Pink un dontchya  Staro ?.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The letter raises a lot of questions, which begs the question why no journos have followed it up.

He doesn't seem unhappy about it, I think that's the reason, the point of the letter is praising the staff at the club.  I've never had any experience with being disabled or needing specific requirements at the ground to know what the rules are, where you can or can't sit so can't really comment on it greatly.

It's the same old situation where we're making it a big thing because it's being used as a vehicle for the egos here.  And it's fun to read the arguments! :classic_wink:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He doesn't seem unhappy about it, I think that's the reason, the point of the letter is praising the staff at the club.  I've never had any experience with being disabled or needing specific requirements at the ground to know what the rules are, where you can or can't sit so can't really comment on it greatly.

It's the same old situation where we're making it a big thing because it's being used as a vehicle for the egos here.  And it's fun to read the arguments! :classic_wink:

He has phrased it very tactfully and gone out of his way to be considerate to the staff who deal with him, but if he wasn't frustrated then he wouldn't have written the letter. Just at face value, being uprooted each week if you don't want to be seems unfair and discriminatory given that able-bodied season ticket holders don't have that problem. If there are FA rules that are forcing this situation (anybody have any idea why?) then it sounds like a bit of wider understanding of the rules would be worthwhile.

Regardless of the motives for the OP, I think it's a fair question worth considering on its own merits for Colin's benefit.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He has phrased it very tactfully and gone out of his way to be considerate to the staff who deal with him, but if he wasn't frustrated then he wouldn't have written the letter.

I don't know, I think he's being very humble and appreciative of the staff around the ground who look out for him.  His name appears on articles for the EDP, so he's obviously a keen submitter in the past.

I think he probably likes penning a letter, than this being any kind of sly towards the club?  Maybe I'm being naïve though.

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Regardless of the motives for the OP, I think it's a fair question worth considering on its own merits for Colin's benefit.

Definitely, what happened between the final game last season and now (Which is very little time) that has since rendered that seat unavailable for him?

I see FA rules from 2022 posted, but not over this summer.  With that in mind, whether he's unhappy or not, there has been a failing somewhere along the line at the club and it can't be nice to be shoe-horned in for each match.  Particularly if he attends on his own.

I'd really like this to become a bigger thing and we all give his name a chant, I like when the little man can raise a defiant fist in the air.  Presuming he has arms, of course.

Edited by Google Bot

23 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's very condescending to Colin to assume that he's not capable of finding out what the FA ruling is. He has mobilty issues, you seem to think his mental capacity is an issue. 

Appalling behaviour from the OP.

Don't be stupid.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

👍

Perhaps I am naïve but all I see in this letter is unalloyed praise for the staff at Norwich City trying to find a solution to the problem that seems not to be their fault. I cannot perceive anything between the lines, let alone the reverse of the obvious message.

What might be interesting is the space – well over 300 words and by the looks of it uncut – given to such a completely uncontroversial view. Perhaps it was a slow letters day on Rouen Road.

But possibly there was something hidden here. Webber could have given only an in-house interview, or just talked to one journalist. Instead he pretty much did the rounds of the local media. Which could be seen as attempting a bit of a rapprochement with them. In which case prominently displaying a purely good-news letter about the club could be Newsquest's little reciprocal gesture of appreciation.

I guess what ‘might’ be worthy of discussion is that the chaps chosen seat isn’t available for sale as a season ticket.

As far as I’m aware, nor are the red seats at the back of the Barclay, normally designated for police presence.

However, they’ve been made available for City Elite to accompany the drumming. This has led to there not being a police presence in that area for the first time in eons, the influx of their associates who clearly don’t have tickets in the vicinity, the overcrowding of the area, blocking of gangways, ST holders being displaced and all with, seemingly, the stewarding being complicit.

Now, trying to boost atmosphere should surely be applauded, but, I’m not sure it should be at the sacrifice of season ticket holders who’ve been there for close to 30 years and that their disabilities should be ignored.

Genuinely believe this is problematic for the club. They appear to be willingly encouraging breaches in regulation. Previously, folk in that area have been reminded that persistent breaches of ground regulations could see areas of the ground closed temporarily. NOW, it appears that the club are wilfully ignoring said regulations to accommodate the lads with the drum.

We’ve seemingly come a long way since The Beast was throwing out the back few rows for standing up and reading the ground regulations out of his little book.

Will this come back to bite? As these lads don’t have stadium tickets, how are they gaining entry? And why is the overcrowding being summarily ignored by security and the police if it isn’t instructed?

Anyway, if we start winning regularly, nobody will be worried if the drum is there or not…

Right???

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Perhaps I am naïve but all I see in this letter is unalloyed praise for the staff at Norwich City trying to find a solution to the problem that seems not to be their fault. I cannot perceive anything between the lines, let alone the reverse of the obvious message.

What might be interesting is the space – well over 300 words and by the looks of it uncut – given to such a completely uncontroversial view. Perhaps it was a slow letters day on Rouen Road.

But possibly there was something hidden here. Webber could have given only an in-house interview, or just talked to one journalist. Instead he pretty much did the rounds of the local media. Which could be seen as attempting a bit of a rapprochement with them. In which case prominently displaying a purely good-news letter about the club could be Newsquest's little reciprocal gesture of appreciation.

Clearly the letter is rightly praising front line staff at Carrow Road. The reference to Delia and Michael seems somewhat different. I have no idea if what @Duncan Edwards is referring to is correct but if so D&M ought to be intervening.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

I have no idea if what @Duncan Edwards is referring to is correct but if so D&M ought to be intervening.

Whooooooooooosh !

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Whooooooooooosh !

✈ ✈ ✈ 

🧒 

Edited by Greavsy

The kind of reason why a Football Club should always operate with a Chairperson who can objectively referee any conflicts of interests between different groups of fans.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

The kind of reason why a Football Club should always operate with a Chairperson who can objectively referee any conflicts of interests between different groups of fans.

Anybody any ideas what this is about ?

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Anybody any ideas what this is about ?

That if you rely on Zoe Webber decisions will be made by one man and his dog supporter groups.

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

That if you rely on Zoe Webber decisions will be made by one man and his dog supporter groups.

Would it be OK if Zoe was the Chairperson?

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Would it be OK if Zoe was the Chairperson?

Chairperson has traditionally been unpaid and seen as independent of other senior officers so, in current context No.

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Tom Smith would be a great chairman. 

The likes of Roger Munby and Allan Bowkett could be seen as truly independent. Does that apply to him? Besides, unlike him, but like other supporters they paid the Share Premium on the shares they purchased so, for me, categorically NO.

Besides isn't he already in a senior enough position to be able to stop the Club, in your words, 'willingly encouraging breaches in regulations? 

Edited by essex canary