Sign in to follow this  
S_81

Webber’s disdain for our fan base

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Emily Maitlis?

You may be right, the standard of politics is very poor, I have little interest in it.

Agreed my bad have added in a few blockbusters interview examples for good measure.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And you worry about the words coming out of his mouth...

Im not the Sporting Director of the club. There’s a difference 

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Im not the Sporting Director of the club. There’s a difference 

There's not a difference. That's the trouble with you little angry types. You think that not being sporting director means acting like a moron is ok...

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There's not a difference. That's the trouble with you little angry types. You think that not being sporting director means acting like a moron is ok...

You calling me a moron makes you an angry type too. 
Direct your anger at the guy who is insulting the fan base more than I am. 

Just now, S_81 said:

You calling me a moron makes you an angry type too. 
Direct your anger at the guy who is insulting the fan base more than I am. 

I'm not angry with him. Or you. Just pointing.out the hypocrisy of your viewpoint.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm not angry with him. Or you. Just pointing.out the hypocrisy of your viewpoint.

I’m angry at him. For his attitude and his tendency to make sly digs at our fan base, and his lack of contrition at largely wasting our budgets. This is a forum for opinions on our football club - and I’m entitled to view mine - regardless of how many condescending comments I get in return. Some of which are from seeming enablers of Webber’s behaviour. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I’m angry at him. For his attitude and his tendency to make sly digs at our fan base, and his lack of contrition at largely wasting our budgets. This is a forum for opinions on our football club - and I’m entitled to view mine - regardless of how many condescending comments I get in return. Some of which are from seeming enablers of Webber’s behaviour. 

Well yes of course you are. And he's entitled to his views too. And, like him, you could do that without having sly digs at other posters.

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

There are more important things in life than getting angry at Stuart Webber.

20 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

There are more important things in life than getting angry at Stuart Webber.

True. But doesn’t mean we shouldn’t from time to time. 

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

He’s not going to fu(k you, regardless of how much you hero worship him 

Nah but at least he'd let me down with brutal honesty...

• Haha 2

I am critical of Webber on the attitude towards his job, constantly reaffirming he's not going to be here much longer, but that's about it from me......I just wish he'd come out and said he's dissapointed, didn't fully fulfil his expectations, plans to learn from the mistakes, is fully committed to his role and is already planning with Wagner the targets trying to get them done and do the best for the club this summer on and off the pitch which hopefully will bring success and we need a clean fresh start to be judged by the great fans we have.......this was all that really needed to be said.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

In regards to our fans, he talked about how fantastic it was to see generations of one family attending the same match, a Grandad, Son, Grandson etc.

I’m sure it’s just as fantastic at almost every other club too but with his sudden interest in divorcees I’m surprised he forgot to add the ‘ step ‘ version of all of the above.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

I am critical of Webber on the attitude towards his job, constantly reaffirming he's not going to be here much longer, but that's about it from me......I just wish he'd come out and said he's dissapointed, didn't fully fulfil his expectations, plans to learn from the mistakes, is fully committed to his role and is already planning with Wagner the targets trying to get them done and do the best for the club this summer on and off the pitch which hopefully will bring success and we need a clean fresh start to be judged by the great fans we have.......this was all that really needed to be said.

Yes but it wasn't all that was asked. The narrative had become that he would only do North Korean interviews so he made himself available to Pink Un, Radio Norfolk, Michael Bailey and North Korea. And a myriad of questions where that wasn't all that was needed to be said.

31 minutes ago, Indy said:

Very much agree. Zero contrition. Boris Johnson style 

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes but it wasn't all that was asked. The narrative had become that he would only do North Korean interviews so he made himself available to Pink Un, Radio Norfolk, Michael Bailey and North Korea. And a myriad of questions where that wasn't all that was needed to be said.

But when it was asked he offered no genuine indication of error on his part though did he? Certainly never offered up genuine contrition about his failures in the transfer market. He’s incapable of it. Far too narcissistic. 

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It is often forgotten by the Wailers that were Webber to be as infallible as he is expected to be. He would not be here. He is not the Messiah. But neither is he a very naughty boy either. For the size of the club and the self funding method we have had 14 years of relative incredible success.

Some players work out, Pukki, Krul. Maddison, Redmond, Buendia, Gibbs. Others don't. But the endless childlike'toys out of the pram' grizzling on here leads me to believe that those behind such wailing are not NCFC supporters. Does anyone seriously think the board deliberately set out to thwart the supporters hopes ? Perhaps they should take a look at former PL clubs below us. Have they all pursued this line of spite ie doing down supporters.

Or is it that success is not the simple formula as some would have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

But when it was asked he offered no genuine indication of error on his part though did he?

He said he should be sacked on the back of the past season, I'd say that's quite an admission of error.

13 minutes ago, S_81 said:

But when it was asked he offered no genuine indication of error on his part though did he? Certainly never offered up genuine contrition about his failures in the transfer market. He’s incapable of it. Far too narcissistic. 

Or you're incapable of listening to the interviews.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

He said he should be sacked on the back of the past season, I'd say that's quite an admission of error.

“No, I wouldn’t say I’m fortunate to still be in the job” 

14 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

5 mins in:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fp83pz

"If my job personally is going to be judged on last season, then absolutely, I should be sacked"

Hadn’t heard that or seen it reported. Thanks. Good to hear, quite right he should. He’s full of contradictions. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The man has one of the safest and  well paid jobs going at this level under ownership like this. 

And why's that do you think?  You think we put so much belief in him cause he's ****?

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

And why's that do you think?  You think we put so much belief in him cause he's ****?

Well his transfer dealing strike rate is the latter. The squad has gone backwards and the budget diminished. 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Well his transfer dealing strike rate is the latter. The squad has gone backwards and the budget diminished. 

No it isn’t - granted it’s pretty poor at PL level, but at this level he’s a very good operator. We don’t really have to go over all that again do we?  

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Some great work and some utter crap work. He got rid of Farke but who will ever get rid of him for failure? He has a great well paid job here with no one to answer to. 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Not since he arrived it hasn't, that's nonsense, he's one of the best operators at this level - show me another self-sustaining club who has twice won the championship and had a strong belief that we'd do it for a third time.

Fact that we've finished in an average/mid-table position and we're deeming it a failure, tells you where he has taken this club since arriving.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He has a great well paid job here with no one to answer to. 

Yeah because he's earnt that position - that's how jobs work.

And if he has no-one to answer to then who's providing him with this well paid job, fairies?

25 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Yeah because he's earnt that position - that's how jobs work.

And if he has no-one to answer to then who's providing him with this well paid job, fairies?

When you keep failing anyone and everyone should have someone to answer to. It’s a very cushy and easy job that’s well paid here. You don’t even have to put a hundred per cent in too. 

Fairies? Well when two pensioners who can barely stay awake at a match are your employers it definitely helps. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Not since he arrived it hasn't, that's nonsense, he's one of the best operators at this level - show me another self-sustaining club who has twice won the championship and had a strong belief that we'd do it for a third time.

Fact that we've finished in an average/mid-table position and we're deeming it a failure, tells you where he has taken this club since arriving.

That's a legitimate way of looking at it. Alternatively you could say that having had the worst season in half a decade the club is clearly in decline and that, despite the two championship trophies, across the whole five years his record is worse than that of the five that preceeded his tenure.

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1