kick it off

Anybody else feeling pretty done with NCFC?

2 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

NO!  We've been a lot worse than this. 

Wait until you've done 50+ years as a Norwich fan then I'm sure you'd understand.

It's nothing to do with how good or bad we are. I made a 4 hour round trip to Exeter away for example. I can't put my finger on it, and there's obviously some level of attachment there, but I just don't feel the passion for it like I used to and don't have anywhere near the level of interest I used to. It's more apathy than anything.

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It's nothing to do with how good or bad we are. I made a 4 hour round trip to Exeter away for example. I can't put my finger on it, and there's obviously some level of attachment there, but I just don't feel the passion for it like I used to and don't have anywhere near the level of interest I used to. It's more apathy than anything.

I have never for 1 single day lost the passion I have for this football club so admit I don't get it, sorry.

Try Man City or one of those big clubs, that way you'll be happy most weeks. Me, I'll stick to the club I've loved since childhood.

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I have never for 1 single day lost the passion I have for this football club so admit I don't get it, sorry.

Try Man City or one of those big clubs, that way you'll be happy most weeks. Me, I'll stick to the club I've loved since childhood.

Good luck.

No need to be a **** about it. He's very clearly not a glory hunter looking for a team that never loses. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Wait until you've done 50+ years as a Norwich fan then I'm sure you'd understand.

You make it sound like a prison sentence! haha

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

I can’t not support Norwich City FC. I’ve tried to break it off, but it just won’t let me go.

Basically ‘you picked your team and you fell in love’ as the song goes.

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

Applaud the honesty, can’t relate as from my pov I always make a day of it wherever possible, I see friends in the pub before and/or after, we have a common interest which is a constant topic for us, the atmosphere in the good times makes up for it in the bad. I liken it to golf, I love playing, will always say yes if I am able but on the course if I hit a bad few shots (happens loads) I get really annoyed and temporarily hate the game, only to walk up to next shot thinking it could be a clonker. Whenever I do hit it well that high gets me through a long old run of crap that follows. I’ve had bad rounds but I’ll always play the next round with a smile on my face mostly. 

If I had loads of other passions or priorities then I’d still support but would be less committed about going to games, but I don’t. That’ll possibly have to change with my little one getting older and no doubt her interests will clash occasionally with mine, when that happens she wins every time. 

3 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Good luck.

I mean, I've supported the club for 30+ years, been a mascot, and have put thousands and thousands of miles and pounds into supporting Norwich. I have lost interest in any football outside Norwich entirely so hardly likely to glory hunt with a big club (the money side and glory hunting is probably the biggest reason I've utterly lost interest in football outside of norwich)...

But you can keep being a sanctimonious **** all you like.

• Like 5

Yup not Norwich but football for me.

Fed up....

Newcastle lining up neymar, new TV deal for 5 years with sky, man city use the money cheat again, Deadpool buys Deadpool the town

Pro football can fukc off frankly. Lost my love for it.

Hoping the summer and a good pre season will bring that love back.

Although I am concerned about the prem I now accept and understand that I utterly hate everything about it.

That said given our current situation I shouldn't really worry about that for 2-3 years though.

• Thanks 1

I gave up my season ticket at the end of last season, I thought I would miss it more than I have. I’ve been to Carrow Road a couple of times and enjoyed it as it was more of a special occasion rather than something I was doing out of habit and loyalty to the club. This season I’ve been to around 40 games locally and absolutely loved it although it probably helps that NCFC have been doing so badly ! I was going to go Monday but £30 is too much when we’re playing a side already relegated in a pretty meaningless match. 

For those of you fed up with football give non league a go, you might even get your love for the game back and you can enjoy a pint at the same time ( smiley face )

• Like 1

Just watched the Iwan/Teemu video posted on the clubs youtube channel and funny enough Teemu said on there  how he wasn't enjoying Football for a year or so. 

After the PNE/Coventy results under Wagner he said that's where he could feel the enjoyment coming back, and told his wife so.

Edited by Google Bot

In answer to the original question, almost. Especially after the news that we are now giving up totally on any attempt to play attractive football and seem intent on buying thugs instead. For all his original good work, Webber is now destroying this club and the only future direction is down until he is gone. He and his consort have become an albatross around the club's neck.

I never thought I would advocate for Russell Martin coming here, but I would now, because at least he has a level of integrity and he would be the best chance of trying to bring back what Farke gave to this club. The Webbers are interested in the Webbers, period. But there's no point Martin coming until Webber has gone and we have a new DoF whose principles are rather more solid.

Edited by canarybubbles

15 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

In answer to the original question, almost. Especially after the news that we are now giving up totally on any attempt to play attractive football and seem intent on buying thugs instead. For all his original good work, Webber is now destroying this club and the only future direction is down until he is gone. He and his consort have become an albatross around the club's neck.

I never thought I would advocate for Russell Martin coming here, but I would now, because at least he has a level of integrity and he would be the best chance of trying to bring back what Farke gave to this club. The Webbers are interested in the Webbers, period. But there's no point Martin coming until Webber has gone and we have a new DoF whose principles are rather more solid.

You're fed up of football because of something you just made up?

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You're fed up of football because of something you just made up?

At some point Webber seemed to decide that Farkeball could not work in the PL and sacked him. That decision looks worse and worse as time goes on. He then brought in a journeyman who has no footballing philosophy at all. Pragmatism. Fair enough - not every coach needs to have a larger vision of how he wants to play. But it quickly became clear, at least to most people, that this appointment was failing, but Webber refused to see this because that meant the problem was his terrible recruitment at the beginning of that season, plus selling our best player. So it dragged on and on, until eventually the atmosphere became so toxic that Webber had no choice but to fire Smith, but by then it was too late and nothing was going to turn the season around. Now we have a third head coach with yet another different approach and we seem interested in signing yet another type of player.

It's a total mess.

54 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Especially after the news that we are now giving up totally on any attempt to play attractive football and seem intent on buying thugs instead.

DD-COMPOSITE-BUENDIA-RED-CARDS.jpg?w=620

So, you want less of these types?  

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

DD-COMPOSITE-BUENDIA-RED-CARDS.jpg?w=620

So, you want less of these types?  

Funny thing about Emi's red cards, I remember at least 2 of those being for next to nothing. I think he just wound refs up because he moaned at them so much.

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Funny thing about Emi's red cards, I remember at least 2 of those being for next to nothing.

Another funny thing is that Barnes played 12,000 mins in the Prem League and never received a straight red and he's a thug.

Meanwhile....

56 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

At some point Webber seemed to decide that Farkeball could not work in the PL and sacked him. That decision looks worse and worse as time goes on. He then brought in a journeyman who has no footballing philosophy at all. Pragmatism. Fair enough - not every coach needs to have a larger vision of how he wants to play. But it quickly became clear, at least to most people, that this appointment was failing, but Webber refused to see this because that meant the problem was his terrible recruitment at the beginning of that season, plus selling our best player. So it dragged on and on, until eventually the atmosphere became so toxic that Webber had no choice but to fire Smith, but by then it was too late and nothing was going to turn the season around. Now we have a third head coach with yet another different approach and we seem interested in signing yet another type of player.

It's a total mess.

My somewhat shock is because you're a decent poster but seem to be jumping to the worst conclusions with little to base it on.

All we know is, when Wagner had a fully fit squad, his style of play was very good to watch and I'm sure there's comments from both of us acknowledging that after the 4-0, 4-2 away wins and the 2-0, 2-1 home wins.

The only information we have as fact is that we were rubbish when we had all the injuries and played our youngest squad in the championship for consecutive games. But even then we weren't a hoofball team as our win away to Millwall displayed.

Now we have a rumour of us signing an experienced pro from the best footballing side in the league and you seem to think it equates to Millwall level longball and hoofing, even though Barnes hasn't played in a side like that all season!

• Like 1

I think we were best when Kenny and Hanley were playing...

Don't tell my buddy Sheff ...

Edited by nutty nigel
🤫
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think we were best when Kenny and Hanley were playing...

Don't tell my buddy Sheff ...

I think that's irrefutable. Even the results stack up!