Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Jamal Lowe linked. 

Yeah no thanks. He loves moving to a new club every season and has hardly anything in that time and I dont think he's even fit or has had a preseason. I'm sure he's a nice bloke and all but clearly not first team quality and we might as well stick with Idah is all I'm saying

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Lowe feels like a signing for the sake of signing someone. I'd much rather go with what we have considering Sainz is meant to be back after the international break. 

• Like 2

Lowe = No.  No better than what we have already. Certainly does nothing to cover the Josh injury. 

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Lowe = No.  No better than what we have already. Certainly does nothing to cover the Josh injury. 

But he is better than what we have in part. He's better than Onel/PP and various others in that wing position. And he is better than Idah upfront as well. As a loan option, it would be good for 12 months

Just now, jaberry2 said:

But he is better than what we have in part. He's better than Onel/PP and various others in that wing position. And he is better than Idah upfront as well. As a loan option, it would be good for 12 months

That's rather spicy opinion

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

To be fair you also said when we sold Mumba that it was a terrible transfer decision because Webber will have left the club having not cared about who we signed and Wagner will have "proven himself to be the failure he was last season" so perhaps it's best to just let the club get on with what they think is best 😉

No way is Lowe better than Pepe! He was the proverbial good one game, disappeared thr next two with Swansea. At B'**** he seems to have disappeared completely. That's enough for me to say no!

The agent stirring going on at the moment is reaching a new level!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's rather spicy opinion

But its pretty accurate. People clearly dont rate Lowe but he's always looked a threat when I've seen him. Despite PP looking a little more with it this season, Onel for me doesnt cut it and never will and Idah well is Adam Idah.

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

No way is Lowe better than Pepe! He was the proverbial good one game, disappeared thr next two with Swansea. At B'**** he seems to have disappeared completely. That's enough for me to say no!

The agent stirring going on at the moment is reaching a new level!

His stats/performances in general would prove otherwise. I am a fan of any acquisition that in my view improve our squad depth/quality. Lowe would be better than Springett/PP/Onel in my eyes.

Edited by jaberry2

I suspect that the club already knows the extent of the Sargent injury but is keeping quiet until the window closes. Making it public pushes up prices. 

If that is the case, it's not good news and probably a long lay off. I very much doubt we would be spending anything if he was fit. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I suspect that the club already knows the extent of the Sargent injury but is keeping quiet until the window closes. Making it public pushes up prices. 

If that is the case, it's not good news and probably a long lay off. I very much doubt we would be spending anything if he was fit. 

I thought they've said he will be out for a couple of months. Plus getting back up to match fitness we're probably not going to see him again until November kinda time.

Lowe had a good season 2/3 years ago but since then hasn't exactly stood out. In 1300 minutes last season he scored 3 goals, Idah scored 2 in 1150 and at least you can say he might just have some untapped potential. Even if you view him as a wide option we already have 2 experienced options in Fassnacht and Onel with Rowe and Sainz the other frontline options. Placheta and Springett both have featured this season but they're much more of a wildcard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh dear? 

Does buying Lowe sceam exciting ambitious first team striker for a promotion playoff race to you?

Or does it rather seem a bit more like boring midtable mediocrity?

I'll let you think on it

(And before anyone digs this up in the future when he scores 30 for us this season I uh.. shut up)

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

oh dear. Just one and only one you say? I'm feeling low..

Im feeling a new *Lowe

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does buying Lowe sceam exciting ambitious first team striker for a promotion playoff race to you?

Or does it rather seem a bit more like boring midtable mediocrity?

I'll let you think on it

(And before anyone digs this up in the future when he scores 30 for us this season I uh.. shut up)

Sorry I thought you were referencing Paddy Davitts tweet in some way rather than Jamal Lowe. 

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Im feeling a new *Lowe

I suspect we are working on Cannon and some fall back options. I wouldnt be surprised still to see a loan option come in with an additional perm option.

Just now, jaberry2 said:

I suspect we are working on Cannon and some fall back options. I wouldnt be surprised still to see a loan option come in with an additional perm option.

There won't be more than one deal.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or does it rather stink like boring midtable mediocrity?

I'll let you think on it

The players or their clubs have to agree to come to us though. We need cover there, we get what’s available and within budget. I’d like to see Cannon but it is what it is 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Well you quoted staff last time saying they'll be no signings previously, which was incorrect. Realistically no one knows what happening behind the scenes. We can only speculate.

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair you also said when we sold Mumba that it was a terrible transfer decision because Webber will have left the club having not cared about who we signed and Wagner will have "proven himself to be the failure he was last season" so perhaps it's best to just let the club get on with what they think is best 😉

Mumba would be a better left wing option than Lowe. I still believe it was a bad sale at under what will prove to be his value. Wagner is gladly proving to be better than the end of last season. Long may that continue. Webber has made us some astute signings, I credit him for that. The Mumba sale remains an error, in my opinion. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He’s not saying there will be just that we are working on multiple deals until we decide on the deal.

A little transfer window rhyme for you all..

Leicester City

And Southampton

Are both in 

For Tommy Cannon

Edited by Terminally Yellow