Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Canaries Trust Asking For Fan Input

The fans voice are asking for feedback from all, not just members. An ideal opportunity to make your voices heard and delivered by one of the club’s biggest shareholdings.

However you feel, I’d urge folk to respond in order to give a proper cross-section of opinion. I realise that the most disgruntled will likely be the most motivated to share their views, but a welcome opportunity for everyone, even those not aligned with the Trust to put their feelings across.

No witch-hunt, just a chance to share your thoughts.

A chance to be heard, as it were. Thanks to all at the Trust for opening this up to all. I fully intend to comment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Isn't that, in part, what the OSP are there to do? Ie represent the fans views?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But ' some' have been critical of their efforts....would this initiative  not give  another avenue to wail down.  

Not critical of efforts of the attendees, critical of the framework the work within compared to how it was initially presented.

Maybe a 2 or 3 pronged approach is better than one, or none, but sometimes a larger input generates lots of discussions and no resolution.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Zoe W gives their tummys I nice scratch and everyone’s content

To think back in the day before the internet took over the world instead of banging out an e-mail voicing your opinions and answering online polls all you could do was actually get off your backside and get down to St Andrews Hall and have your say which is still to this day frowned upon in certain quarters.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

To think back in the day before the internet took over the world instead of banging out an e-mail voicing your opinions and answering online polls all you could do was actually get off your backside and get down to St Andrews Hall and have your say which is still to this day frowned upon in certain quarters.

Yeah, but back in the day people travelled everywhere by horse and cart and now you’ve got your shiny new car, things move on. 🙂

Edited by Duncan Edwards
🙂

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

If only I could have got to St. Andrews Hall in 2009. At least I have got the Internet where I learn about it every day thanks to the musings of 1 of the top 2 contributors to the Message Board.

I will now reach for some mouldy ham.

Edited by essex canary

It's really difficult for anyone to contribute positively to such an ask, when the information coming out of the club about the future of it leaves things so uncertain. Sure it will be good information for those who are part of what will be in place once the current ownership moves are complete, but they will certainly have their own agenda, will they be influenced by this work? 

Everyone can use this as a good piece of therapy, it will give a distillation of current view of things at the Carra' of the fans, its certainly a way of joining the debate. 

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

It's really difficult for anyone to contribute positively to such an ask, when the information coming out of the club about the future of it leaves things so uncertain. Sure it will be good information for those who are part of what will be in place once the current ownership moves are complete, but they will certainly have their own agenda, will they be influenced by this work? 

Everyone can use this as a good piece of therapy, it will give a distillation of current view of things at the Carra' of the fans, its certainly a way of joining the debate. 

Depends what view MA is going to take about such structures as the Canaries Trust. Presumably he will take note of the Government's Fan Led Review and what it says about the Golden Share etc.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

If only I could have got to St. Andrews Hall in 2009. At least I have got the Internet where I learn about it every day thanks to the musings of 1 of the top 2 contributors to the Message Board.

I will now reach for some mouldy ham.

Parma’s mouldy ham?

If Marky Mark becomes majority shareholder won't he buy all their shares though? Or will the trust keep buying up shares in order to try and protect the club from any future dodgy takeover?

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If Marky Mark becomes majority shareholder won't he buy all their shares though? Or will the trust keep buying up shares in order to try and protect the club from any future dodgy takeover?

Sort of Marky Mark takes on  the Funky Bunch?

I will add my two penneth later.

It's a shame it isn't a structured survey whereby results can be analysed and summarised and weighted.

This is just a free for all whinge and comments will be influenced by those already visible.

Not too much positivity on there! 🤣

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well there's a 64,000 dollar question. 

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Well there's a 64,000 dollar question. 

Don’t think the trust have enough shares to make too much of a difference do they.

suspect shareholders will get their offers soon.