canarybubbles

Will this spoil Pukki's last home game?

In all honesty, I hadn't even given it a second thought, and am not really that bothered.

Players come and go - Pukki has been brilliant for us, but we have also been brilliant for Pukki.

I hope he gets a good send off, but ultimately he has chosen to move onto pastures anew whilst us fans unfortunately don't have that choice.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Sure, but he’s also been on holiday for a majority of this season. He’s done us a good services but don’t make the mistake of thinking he’s not a mercenary too. They all are at the end of they day they are only here cause we pay them and if someone offers them more they will be off in the summer. 

What do you do for a living?

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

In all honesty, I hadn't even given it a second thought, and am not really that bothered.

Players come and go - Pukki has been brilliant for us, but we have also been brilliant for Pukki.

I hope he gets a good send off, but ultimately he has chosen to move onto pastures anew whilst us fans unfortunately don't have that choice.

Do we know that?

He may have been offered a ridiculously reduced contract.

He's currently not playing and probably not given an assurances that he'll play next season.

He's watching Adam Idah get a five year deal.

Watched Farke been sacked.

Been managed by Dean Smith,

Let's not put the blame on Teemu Pukki

• Like 1

Just now, CDMullins said:

I don't think anyone is blaming him. It just IMO shouldn't be anyone's primary concern as to whether he gets a nice send off when our club is such a mess at the moment.

For what it's worth, I still think he has more quality than 95% of our squad, but we are where we are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yes that would be awful to witness. Today should have seen far more anti Webber chants than we got. Yes they were audible but come on. At any other club the whole ground would have been on their feet and giving him both barrels. Webber and his wife get a very comfortable ride whilst he feels free to 'front up' the fans.   

There were a lot of empty seats at kick off today and the ground started to empty after the 2nd goal went in, then after the sending off and then after the third goal went in, so those that were left made a lot of noise in respect of the anti Webber chants..........

• Like 1

It's a massive shame but football carries on and needs must. I predict it will be the lowest league crowd at Carrow Road for 20 years.

Let’s assume Teemu starts the last game. I don’t think there’s any doubt he’ll receive a standing ovation when he gets subbed after 70ish minutes, nor that he’ll have his name sung for a good proportion of the game. Regardless of more recent form (perhaps he’s just as disillusioned as the rest of us), his contribution here deserves the warmest recognition. 

However, there’s potential for the Blackpool game to be quite incendiary. For starters: if they get something from their game vs Millwall next weekend, they’ll be in a real battle for survival and desperate to win. If we lose vs WBA, we’ll ‘fighting’ to finish in the top half. Imagine being beaten at home by Blackpool.

Irrespective of Pukki’s farewell, that would muster a certain crowd response for sure and ire shouldn’t be diminished. Pukki won’t be here next year but we will be - this  is the home crowd’s last chance for some time to communicate directly its opinions. 

Similarly, beating an already-relegated team on the last day won’t deflect the issues here. 

Edited by mrdi

Horrible way for Pukki to end his City career. Really gutted. 

Norwich should be sat 4th in the table with Pukki close to 20 goals again. His finale should’ve been at Wembley, or at least a play off semi. 

I don’t blame Pukki for anything this season. He’s as pissed off with the situation as every Norwich City fan. 

He's far from finished. I’m convinced of that. We stopped playing in a way for him to flourish. Stick him in the Burnley side and he probably has 25 goals. 

As I said, really gutted this is the end for a player that’s bought so many great times for Norwich City supporters. I’d love to have a beer with him, and get his true feelings!

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You should do, though.

Maybe, oddly don't feel the love for him like I did for hucks or holty despite his record being better.

Plus I do feel he's dropped off.

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Anything that will pay me more than the last place 😂

Mercenary 

14 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Do we know that?

He may have been offered a ridiculously reduced contract.

He's currently not playing and probably not given an assurances that he'll play next season.

He's watching Adam Idah get a five year deal.

Watched Farke been sacked.

Been managed by Dean Smith,

I have a feeling he’ll be back in the Premier League next season. With Sheffield Utd. 

There’s an interview/quiz from several months ago (Christmas or thereabouts) wherein Pukki is so glowing about Sheff Utd players, it was almost embarrassing. Exactly what you’d expect from someone who’s just had a project sold to them. 

TBF, he’s be an excellent (free) signing for the Blades, it’s just a shame I can’t stand them. 

5 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Maybe, oddly don't feel the love for him like I did for hucks or holty despite his record being better.

Whilst one would agree with the 'lack of creativity' for him, there is no doubt he has been well below previous best for most of this season. Hope he does get the send off he deserves but that must not detract us from giving the Webbers and Owners both barrels in no uncertain terms.

Even though Teemu for whatever reason has chosen to leave he owes us nothing.

It's entirely possible to roast all the other players and Webber yet give Teemu the farewell he deserves.

A celebration on minute 22 would be a fantastic gesture. The rest will take care of itself.

19 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I dont give a damn about Pukki's last game to be frank. 

8 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I have to agree with this. While I appreciate what Teemu has done and of course he deserves every single plaudit he gets and will always be looked back on as an absolutely fantastic striker for us (possibly one of our best) 

I just don't feel the same for him as I did others in the past (Greeno, Hucks, Holty, Wes even Bellamy) but then maybe that's a result of these last couple of years and not really feeling a connection with ANY of the last couple of squads - Even Onel, doesn't compare to the 'oldies' 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I have to agree with this. While I appreciate what Teemu has done and of course he deserves every single plaudit he gets and will always be looked back on as an absolutely fantastic striker for us (possibly one of our best) 

I just don't feel the same for him as I did others in the past (Greeno, Hucks, Holty, Wes even Bellamy) but then maybe that's a result of these last couple of years and not really feeling a connection with ANY of the last couple of squads - Even Onel, doesn't compare to the 'oldies' 

Exactly, I felt closer to Rus Martin yesterday to be honest.

Argos and Max are the only ones I feel any affinity for and I want Sargent to succeed outside of that... Meh