Sign in to follow this  
mastoola

Delia is a joke

I blame this on that there is no direction in the club.  We have owners that show no leadership and are we going to be bought out or are we not.

Nobody goes anywhere or does anything until the ownership thing is sorted out.

Attanasio seems content to let things slide until he pays the price he wants. An absolute mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nobody goes anywhere or does anything until the ownership thing is sorted out.

Attanasio seems content to let things slide until he pays the price he wants. An absolute mess.

All this “we need to see if he’s a good fit for the club” rubbish doesn’t wash with me

She’s been a joke for a decade (and hubby Nutty) You need to know when the time is up but not for our naughty duo. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

its not the team   its not the director of football   its not the manager..      its lack of control and direction from the top

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

She’s been a joke for a decade (and hubby Nutty) You need to know when the time is up but not for our naughty duo. 

I wouldn't say she's been a joke, far from it, but I fear she will bear the brunt of the wrath from fans for this season. Meanwhile Attanasio sits there watching, waiting. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I wouldn't say she's been a joke, far from it, but I fear she will bear the brunt of the wrath from fans for this season. Meanwhile Attanasio sits there watching, waiting. 

actually she has been a joke for a very long time now

I think overall they've done a very good job of keeping us competitive despite not having the deep pockets of their rivals.

It's only because of our successes that we find ourselves in the embarrassing position of having a massive wage budget and expensive squad for this level and only being in 10th place. There are clubs with billionaire owners in our league that don't have the wage budget we do. I'm pretty sure I saw something that said they are within the bottom 3 or 4 in the wealth table of Championship football club owners. You can't exactly knock them for not having enough money.

However, what I do blame them for is an abdication of duty with regards to the Webber's. They have pretty much stepped back and let them turn the club into their little fiefdom with zero accountability.

Stuart Webber now has his wife in a role that is effectively Chairman, he's overseen plenty of talent leave and I know from people who work at the club that the place has deteriorated as a place to earn a living and that several staff have flown the nest, some to go and work for them down the road. Webber has appointed a host of millennials into Head of roles, I believe because his fragile ego cannot cope with a more experienced, older head wandering around Colney. So we've ended up with a load of wet-behind-the-ears kids trying to steer the ship. Oh, and now we have one of his best mates in the dugout.

Webber can be (pretty much has been) as appalling at his job as it is possible to be without fear of reprisal. It's criminal on behalf of Delia and MWJ that they have sat back and allowed this situation to continue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Unnecessarily drawing this takeover out, You have to know when it’s time to say goodbye. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I think overall they've done a very good job of keeping us competitive despite not having the deep pockets of their rivals.

It's only because of our successes that we find ourselves in the embarrassing position of having a massive wage budget and expensive squad for this level and only being in 10th place. There are clubs with billionaire owners in our league that don't have the wage budget we do. I'm pretty sure I saw something that said they are within the bottom 3 or 4 in the wealth table of Championship football club owners. You can't exactly knock them for not having enough money.

However, what I do blame them for is an abdication of duty with regards to the Webber's. They have pretty much stepped back and let them turn the club into their little fiefdom with zero accountability.

Stuart Webber now has his wife in a role that is effectively Chairman, he's overseen plenty of talent leave and I know from people who work at the club that the place has deteriorated as a place to earn a living and that several staff have flown the nest, some to go and work for them down the road. Webber has appointed a host of millennials into Head of roles, I believe because his fragile ego cannot cope with a more experienced, older head wandering around Colney. So we've ended up with a load of wet-behind-the-ears kids trying to steer the ship. Oh, and now we have one of his best mates in the dugout.

Webber can be (pretty much has been) as appalling at his job as it is possible to be without fear of reprisal. It's criminal on behalf of Delia and MWJ that they have sat back and allowed this situation to continue.

Webber has not been accountable for what he has done    i dont think he is a bad director but i do think he has had no direction.   its not his fault   its the fault of delia

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Unnecessarily drawing this takeover out, You have to know when it’s time to say goodbye. 

That's speculation. It could just as easily (perhaps more likely) be Attanasio. The value of the club has probably dropped by a million or two tonight with our realistic playoff ambitions vanishing. And when Russell Martin ends our mathematical playoff ambitions on Saturday it will probably drop by a few more million.

For all we know, Delia might have been happy to sell a while ago, Attanasio may well be saying, "hold on there, let's just see how the rest of this season pans out".

• Like 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I only replied to the opening post.

You should read the earlier replies. It makes your one very amusing.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

You should read the earlier replies. It makes your one very amusing.

It's not meant to be serious. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Is it her and Wynnie though? Trouble is the lack of clarity isn't working in their benefit as can be seen by the comments in this thread.

Perhaps Delia can write a book entitled 'match attending football fans matter' as the sequel to You Matter'?

How many pages will it have?

Never seen an away end, after QPR, as completely quiet and devoid of any emotion, whether boos or applauding..   just nothing. The club needs new direction and people. It's been badly run and no one has any faith anymore. Sad day.. 

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

That's speculation. It could just as easily (perhaps more likely) be Attanasio. The value of the club has probably dropped by a million or two tonight with our realistic playoff ambitions vanishing. And when Russell Martin ends our mathematical playoff ambitions on Saturday it will probably drop by a few more million.

For all we know, Delia might have been happy to sell a while ago, Attanasio may well be saying, "hold on there, let's just see how the rest of this season pans out".

Thanks you made the point better than I did. 

Still love Delia, still love the club.  It's been a poor season, we've had plenty in the past, and we'll have plenty more far worse than this.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Is it her and Wynnie though? Trouble is the lack of clarity isn't working in their benefit as can be seen by the comments in this thread.

Nobody knows so you can make up your own truth. Once you've made up that truth nobody can dispute it.

I think it's the armchair Arthurs and Agneses that are creating the hold ups. If in fact there are any hold ups. But I'll say there are so that I can blame the armchair brigade.

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It is not even speculation. It is an infantile accusation with nothing to support it motivated purely by an animus against Delia Smith.

There is no evidence there is an unexpected delay. Takeovers are often long drawn out affairs. But as you indicate, if anyone was holding things up it would be more likely to be Attanasio.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is not even speculation. It is an infantile accusation with nothing to support it motivated purely by an animus against Delia Smith.

There is no evidence there is an unexpected delay. Takeovers are often long drawn out affairs. But as you indicate, if anyone was holding things up it would be more likely to be Attanasio.

Do you have evidence Attanasio is holding things up? I just want a fresh approach, a new vision, and new inspiration. Our current owners are done.

• Like 1