Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Adam Idah interview

Scoring that hatrick, did him no favours at all for his long term development. It stopped a potential loan where he could bed in properly at a level that he could grow in and set expectations a bit too high. He still needs a loan away but again due to circumstances I can see him being one of the three here again next season and not really progressing.

• Like 1

It had been a while since the Pink Un had done one of their semi regular Adam Idah features. They've been numerous over the last six months or so, different headline but same theme every time (ie) how he is ready to 'push on' and establish himself  at he club. now with accompanying quotes crom AI about how grateful he is to the club, how long he has been here, having Teemu in front of him, the challenge of becoming a regular starter, the faith the club placed in him with his new contract, how grateful he is to the club...,and rinse and repeat.

If there isn't a new version of the same story by the end of the season, there'll definitely be one over the summer.

IDAH: I KNOW I MUST SEIZE MY CHANCE

and

IDAH: WHY HE MUST NOW SEIZE HIS CHANCE

...,a few weeks later.

I can't remember the last time the club showed such absolute faith and conviction in a player. Many impress initially (eg) Ryan Jarvis & Ian Henderson, but soon lose their place and are moved on. Maybe the club are fearful Idah will become another Carlton Morris, so are hanging onto him at all costs?

Edited by Old Shuck

29 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

IDAH: I KNOW I MUST SEIZE MY CHANCE

and

IDAH: WHY HE MUST NOW SEIZE HIS CHANCE

...,a few weeks later.

IDAH: NOW THAT HE'S READY TO SEIZE HIS CHANCE, HIS KNEES HAVE SEIZED UP

poor buggar

• Haha 1

Yep, another response arranged by the marketing team trying to deflect criticism from the Board over a lack of governance over contractual arrangements with players. You can't make such **** up.

Everybody so far seem to want Adam Idah out on loan.

Perhaps I'm the odd one out because I can still see a better future with him than I can Josh Sargent. 

Recently Josh has shown the form he did when he first came and that wasn't impressive. 

Whereas I still think Idah can improve with experience and game time I'm afraid I think we have seen the best of Sargent.

If we could get our money back for Sargent I wouldn't argue.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Everybody so far seem to want Adam Idah out on loan.

Perhaps I'm the odd one out because I can still see a better future with him than I can Josh Sargent. 

Recently Josh has shown the form he did when he first came and that wasn't impressive. 

Whereas I still think Idah can improve with experience and game time I'm afraid I think we have seen the best of Sargent.

If we could get our money back for Sargent I wouldn't argue.

I'm tempted to agree. Sargent will always offer positives (endless stamina and an eye for goal, although a rather erratic one) but his ceiling will always be limited by his sheer lack of technical ability. The poster on here who likened his first touch to a trampoline was spot on. Idah is potentially better IMO, but I worry whether he can ever get the mental quickness to make the most of his physical ability. He doesn't seem the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Pukki's detractors who say that he is 'past it' may possibly be right, but at least once he was 'it', whatever 'it' might be. I doubt if either Sargent or Idah are ever going to get close.

I would like to think that we would replace, Pukki, Idah and Sargent if we want to improve as none, this year, have given any indication that they are good enough. Pukki is past his best and is going anyway. Idah doesn't have a goalscorers instinct or any spacial awareness. Sargent doesn't possess the necessary technical ability.

Realistically it probably will not happen. 

• Like 1

I’m gonna say it. I’m backing Idah to come good. If he can play get good injury free period behind him and play as an out and out striker. He has the attributes, he needs some regular football and some real match fitness. Prove them wrong Adam.

Edited by Coneys Knee

36 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I’m gonna say it. I’m backing Idah to come good. If he can play get good injury free period behind him and play as an out and out striker. He has the attributes, he needs some regular football and some real match fitness. Prove them wrong Adam.

I'm sure that was the thinking behind the 5 year contract. Even average strikers get sold for silly money. 

I'm not surprised all our strikers have struggled this season what with either having been stuck out on the wing and/or the lack of creativity from midfield.

45 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I hope that you're right, but fear that you are wrong. I just don't think that he has got it in him. 

The big worry over Idah is that he doesn't shoot enough. Part of that is the team he plays in, we've hardly put many chances on a plate for our strikers this year, but also he doesn't get his shots off quick enough. I think a lot of this is probably a confidence issue, a striker in form seems to have so much more clarity in front of goal but it may turn out to be a technical flaw of his, not that it can't be worked on though.

“When you’re younger you always want to play at the top," he said, "and I never thought I’d have such a bad injury. There was a period where I was going up, up, up. Everything was on the rise.

“Then you might not have a good game, and that’s when I’d see all the fans criticise me and I’m thinking: ‘What’s going on? I was the next star here and now I’m hated. There’s a lot of ups and downs."

Reminds me a bit of a Poor mans Emile Heskey 

Looks the part but looks slow speed of thought / ability to read game to get on end of chances and does not bully defenders and use his strength enough 

apart from that give him a 5 year deal !!