TIL 1010

Dear Stuart Webber,

Please turn off the light in your office and close the door as you do the honourable thing and leave Colney for the very last time.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

He'll been gone at the end of the season.

Someone has just posted that they think it would be funny to see the reaction on here that if and when MA takes control he keeps Webber in a job.

I'll pledge a fiver to Rays Funds if Webber is gone before the start of next season.

Who's up for a fiver if he's still here?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Someone has just posted that they think it would be funny to see the reaction on here that if and when MA takes control he keeps Webber in a job.

We could have the richest man in the world buy us, but Webber has damaged the connect between fans and the club. He forgets, we are the club. I can put up with the current owners, knowing they have little resources but love the club and the community. I can't put up with an up start SD. This is not what we are. 

• Like 3

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

If the takeover did happen over the course of this summer I'd actually be shocked if he didn't keep Webber in his role. Webber obviously played a big part inh bringing Attanasio to the club and they clearly share a lot of ideas.

I think the only way he leaves is if he walks. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'll pledge a fiver to Rays Funds if Webber is gone before the start of next season.

Who's up for a fiver if he's still here?

I gather what you do in respect of raising funds is commendable. However I do feel you don't give two s#its if we win or lose. Don't really get the true love for the club from you. It could quite easily be raising funds for the local dogs home for you. Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't want you beside me in the trenches, you seem a bit like Golam. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

We could have the richest man in the world buy us, but Webber has damaged the connect between fans and the club. He forgets, we are the club. I can put up with the current owners, knowing they have little resources but love the club and the community. I can't put up with an up start SD. This is not what we are. 

Webber was never responsible for the connection between the fans and the club. How many other sporting directors take on that fan-facing role? From what I've seen and heard over the past couple of years, the absence of Ben Kensell is much more of a factor in that disconnect.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Webber was never responsible for the connection between the fans and the club. How many other sporting directors take on that fan-facing role? From what I've seen and heard over the past couple of years, the absence of Ben Kensell is much more of a factor in that disconnect.

That’s not really true, he took at least part ownership when he started being a spokesman. What other SDs do in this regard is largely irrelevant, he chose to do it differently and therefore owns the consequences of what he has said.

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Please turn off the light in your office and close the door as you do the honourable thing and leave Colney for the very last time.

Why would he do that. Big pay off in the wings if pushed. 
Would you be honourable

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

That’s not really true, he took at least part ownership when he started being a spokesman. What other SDs do in this regard is largely irrelevant, he chose to do it differently and therefore owns the consequences of what he has said.

Okay, that's fair. When he first took the job, that 'money p*ssed up the wall' rhetoric has obviously come back to bite him in recent times. But in terms of the day-to-day, Kensell was excellent at being the lightning rod for the on-pitch occurrences, and all fan groups that I've spoken to thought very highly of him.

If there was still someone in that role to deflect that criticism and be a confident outward-facing voice, I doubt the criticism of Webber would be quite as vocal. Webber clearly isn't a 'soft skills' guy, whereas Kensell was.

12 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

I gather what you do in respect of raising funds is commendable. However I do feel you don't give two s#its if we win or lose. Don't really get the true love for the club from you. It could quite easily be raising funds for the local dogs home for you. Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't want you beside me in the trenches, you seem a bit like Golam. 

Hope you understand that I couldn't care less about your condescending nonsense or your questioning of my love for the club.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Whilst I agree that traditionally the way for people in the SD role Webber clearly was the most public bridge between club and fans during his first 4 years at the club. He stepped into the shadows once things turned and that has played a large part in the erosion of trust between fans and club.

He's a lightning rod, sure but he's the one who willingly stepped into that role.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Whilst I agree that traditionally the way for people in the SD role Webber clearly was the most public bridge between club and fans during his first 4 years at the club. He stepped into the shadows once things turned and that has played a large part in the erosion of trust between fans and club.

He's a lightning rod, sure but he's the one who willingly stepped into that role.

See my reply to @Monty13 above mate 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Okay, that's fair. When he first took the job, that 'money p*ssed up the wall' rhetoric has obviously come back to bite him in recent times. But in terms of the day-to-day, Kensell was excellent at being the lightning rod for the on-pitch occurrences, and all fan groups that I've spoken to thought very highly of him.

If there was still someone in that role to deflect that criticism and be a confident outward-facing voice, I doubt the criticism of Webber would be quite as vocal. Webber clearly isn't a 'soft skills' guy, whereas Kensell was.

So Zoe is responsible in respect of whom Stu has a 'beneficial interest' in Foulger speak.

Just now, essex canary said:

So Zoe is responsible in respect of whom Stu has a 'beneficial interest' in Foulger speak.

Sorry, what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

See my reply to @Monty13 above mate 

I don't think somebody in a Kensell role would be taking any of the heat off Webber this season. All of the heat on Webber is down to the football side failing and Webber's own personal dealings with press/podcasts/fans.

Edited by KeiranShikari

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Hope you understand that I couldn't care less about your condescending nonsense or your questioning of my love for the club.

Why answer then? 

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think somebody in a Kensell role would be taking any of the heat off Webber this season. All of the heat on Webber is down to the football side failing and Webber's own personal dealings with press/podcasts/fans.

But if there was someone in the Kensell role, Webber probably wouldn't have been dealing with press/podcasts/fans... and certainly not in the way he has been.

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry, what?

You mean you don't know what  'Foulger speak ' is wolfie ? :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You mean you don't know what  'Foulger speak ' is wolfie ? :classic_laugh:

I'm not going to lie, I've had a few tonight. But even when I'm sober, I just can't understand him. Maybe I don't have enough shares or something.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

But if there was someone in the Kensell role, Webber probably wouldn't have been dealing with press/podcasts/fans... and certainly not in the way he has been.

Perhaps but then again Zoe Webber also seems to be a 'voice of reason' type.  Surely she would have advised a different course of action on many of these things too. Webber chose his direction after the EDP article and hasn't looked back.

All of that being said none of the 'personal' stuff would matter if he hadn't failed spectacularly on the football side for 2 years straight. 

Edited by KeiranShikari

35 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

There is absolutely no doubt that Nutty loves Norwich City............

• Like 6

Although it has as its core a weakness in recruitment, the bare facts are on a game to game basis most people can see we are still set up wrong.

Sarge & Pukki together up top does not work. 

Sort it Wagner! 

• Like 2

90% chance hes still here, continuing with his 90% rate of signing utterly talentless dross for a lot of money.

are we back to "Costa del Colney"? 

A lot of players far too comfortable. Honestly this lot need a manager to lay into them. An alex neil type. Strangely, Warnock wouldve probably been a good fit for a few months - kick em into shape.