Greavsy

Benn Foster returns to Wrexham!!

Very clever signing as he will not doubt do a lot to raise the profile of the club further with his online impact

It’s taken them a couple of seasons of nearly-but-not-quite getting promotion, but it does seem quite likely this season, they are top with a game in hand…there’s a big top-2 game v Notts Co in a few weeks that might decide it.

Watford fans couldn’t wait to see the back of him in the end as his off-field activities were affecting his on-field performances. Should be ok for the National League though and probably League Two next season.

15 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Watford fans couldn’t wait to see the back of him in the end as his off-field activities were affecting his on-field performances. Should be ok for the National League though and probably League Two next season.

What stuff was he doing off field?

22 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I don’t personally know but I understand he has a YouTube channel and podcasts to do with his cycling.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Watford fans got in a huff because he watched the final game of the season at Stamford Bridge in a corporate box.

On his podcast he explained that Watford had not only took him out of the team but refused for him to be sub or even go on the bus the the team.

He had to ask a opposition supporting mate to get him tickets for the game to watch his own team.

30 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Watford fans got in a huff because he watched the final game of the season at Stamford Bridge in a corporate box.

On his podcast he explained that Watford had not only took him out of the team but refused for him to be sub or even go on the bus the the team.

He had to ask a opposition supporting mate to get him tickets for the game to watch his own team.

Just in: Filming yourself fawning over and championing players who are literally relegating your team and getting away fans tickets to your home end DOES result in consequences.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:
Money talks I guess.....

He turned down a contract offer from Newcastle and retired, so clearly nothing at all to do with money (with which you seem obsessed).

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I don’t personally know but I understand he has a YouTube channel and podcasts to do with his cycling.

Not just cycling, he'd literally put a camera in his goal during Watford games and then make a video using the footage.

43 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He turned down a contract offer from Newcastle and retired, so clearly nothing at all to do with money (with which you seem obsessed).

Blocked me then! 😊 

Yawn. 

Maybe he's done it for love! 

Obsessed with money, behave.

Edited by Greavsy

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not just cycling, he'd literally put a camera in his goal during Watford games and then make a video using the footage.

Well if he's got designs on building a media brand then Wrexham is the place for him I guess- Disney+ docuementary and always in the headlines due to celebrity ownership. Fair play, as long as he actually remembers to play football well. 

So he’s going to go straight in the team and the poor sod who has played all the League and Cup games gets dumped

47 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

So he’s going to go straight in the team and the poor sod who has played all the League and Cup games gets dumped

He's injured.

Hence needing a new keeper.

The Wrexham documentary was really boring I thought, I'm a big fan of It's Always Sunny and Rob Mcelhenny and as I like football documentaries I watched the whole thing but it was dull, had none of the drama of the Sunderland documentary, the locals weren't particularly endearing and everyone was too competent to make it fun to watch. I reckon if they go up, completely mess things up and end up fighting relegation it could be a good watch though in a couple of years time. Or the could approach Neil Warnock for their next manager and that would be great fun. 

Wrexham are now wealthy by L1-National League standards but if they ever do make it to the Championships their owners are nowhere near rich enough to make the slightest bit of difference so I wonder what the long term plan is. Welcome to Wrexham season 8, the fourth mid table Championship season in a row sounds like dynamite TV. When they stop making these documentaries there's little in it for the owners and nobodies gonna be shelling out 10's of millions to buy a L1/2 Welsh football club.