essex canary

Cardiff Home £36.50 Casual

Presumably a Grade A match? Perhaps the argument being that it is our first Saturday 3pm hone game since the World Cup?

It comes on the back of 1,000 miles on the road in the 2 previous weekends plus 2 midweek home matches.

The casual supporter, perhaps on the season ticket waiting list, needs to pay over £10 more than a season ticket holder in the higher priced South Stand area, higher elsewhere.

The charge includes £1.50 for what is largely a DIY service.

Bit late to this aren’t you? The tickets have been on sale for ages. My son’s ticket was £15 so presumably it is grade B along with most of the other games this season. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Presumably a Grade A match? Perhaps the argument being that it is our first Saturday 3pm hone game since the World Cup?

It comes on the back of 1,000 miles on the road in the 2 previous weekends plus 2 midweek home matches.

The casual supporter, perhaps on the season ticket waiting list, needs to pay over £10 more than a season ticket holder in the higher priced South Stand area, higher elsewhere.

That is something that makes our season tickets good value, despite your criticisms on the season ticket thread.

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Yeah... that's how season tickets are supposed to work, the same can be said of trains or busses etc. The only exception are one off fixtures, such as cup games. Train tickets have those advanced one way, one departure only for cheaper tickets but that's almost like gambling... 

Most businesses would prefer taking a hit on regular ticket prices knowing that they will be guaranteed a sum in advance. If the season ticket prices were too close to casual ticket prices, people would reflect upon whether it was worth getting a season ticket as they could say the money difference on the games they might have to miss due to work/family commitments such as midweek 7.45pm/8pm kick offs in the winter in less than favourable weather conditions etc.

Been that way for years. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, essex canary said:

And in another thread your saying the club should support / reward loyalty from fans . Can't have it both ways.

As I've asked before are you ever happy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Tickets behind the goal are £30, so looks very much like it is a Cat B match.

The same Cat (& price) as the matches vs Cov, WBA, PNE, Luton, Stoke, QPR, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Reading, Watford, Burnley, Birmingham & Sunderland.

And less than the prices charged by Sheff U, Swansea, Coventry & Bristol for visiting NCFC fans.

Can somebody please mention the membership schemes as i am yet to see a whinge from essex today on that particular pet subject of his ?

1 hour ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Tickets behind the goal are £30, so looks very much like it is a Cat B match.

The same Cat (& price) as the matches vs Cov, WBA, PNE, Luton, Stoke, QPR, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Reading, Watford, Burnley, Birmingham & Sunderland.

And less than the prices charged by Sheff U, Swansea, Coventry & Bristol for visiting NCFC fans.

Thanks, so I guess the extra £5 is for South Stand Centre Block seats which seems to make sense relative to Season Ticket charges being higher in that location.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

And in another thread your saying the club should support / reward loyalty from fans . Can't have it both ways.

As I've asked before are you ever happy?

Fair point up to a point.

Those seeking to be season ticket holders are however seeking loyalty but can't achieve it which is different from Clubs without a waiting list.

38 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks, so I guess the extra £5 is for South Stand Centre Block seats which seems to make sense relative to Season Ticket charges being higher in that location.

Any particular reason you have singled out the pricing for Cardiff when the game next Tuesday v  Brum is exactly the same ?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Those seeking to be season ticket holders are however seeking loyalty but can't achieve it which is different from Clubs without a waiting list.

If there is a waiting list then I would suggest it's a case of supply and demand. Much as if we make Wembley play off final. Do you think it will be £35, for what is a game of football ?

I have read that many times and am still confused. 

People seeking to be season ticket holders are seeking to be exactly that, to be season ticket holders so they can attend home matches. It really isn't that hard to understand. 

You do seem to over complicate things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

To be honest, I mean I probably shouldn't be, but I am incredibly shocked at what an utter lack of understanding this is.

People waiting in the queue should get preference and discounts over those who aren't? What?

You know that for a variety of reasons not everyone is in a position to be able to commit to a season ticket right? If you did the above, you'd just add more people to the 'waiting list' who are not actually intending to get a season ticket but have done so just to get a discount. Especially as you can pass up on the opportunity to get a season ticket if you so wish, and they offer it to the next person... 

I mean... incredibly daft is an understatement. 

Please don't tell me you are on the waiting list?

He's on the waiting list isn't he?

First it was shareholders should get free season tickets... should be told everything that goes on at the club... "Community Club" means no secrets - not even if you crossed your fingers behind your back...

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

On 17/02/2023 at 21:20, TIL 1010 said:

Any particular reason you have singled out the pricing for Cardiff when the game next Tuesday v  Brum is exactly the same ?

What on earth qualifies as a Grade C match?

Assuming Grade B is average, a 40% mark up compared to 25% at Cambridge.  That means 2 extra free matches at Carrow Road for season ticket holders relative to casuals. Together with, for the most part, very generous OAP reductions including over 75's, it is clear why we struggle to get younger people in the ground. Even worse last season.

Edited by essex canary

Perhaps the club planned for defeats against Preston and Coventry and made the Cardiff game a Grade A relegation dogfight.

What on earth qualifies as a Grade C match?

Assuming Grade B is average, a 40% mark up compared to 25% at Cambridge.  That means 2 extra free matches at Carrow Road for season ticket holders relative to casuals. Together with, for the most part, very generous OAP reductions including over 75's, it is clear why we struggle to get younger people in the ground. Even worse last season.

A spectacular 10/10 for completely failing to adrress a straightforward question asked of you but then we should expect nothing less of you shifting the goalposts in order to accomodate yet another whingefest over season tickets, memberships,casual ticket prices and now match grading.

• Like 1

On 17/02/2023 at 21:20, TIL 1010 said:

Yes, because he only does half research, with a bias of looking for something to whine about, then as soon as he spots something to cling to , off he goes , without checking what hes whining about. 

If he is/was a professional bean counter, then his business life must have been one of corrections , apologies and climb downs. Truly looking a fool  the longer he keeps it up.

Mr Bean ( counter) .

3 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Perhaps the club planned for defeats against Preston and Coventry and made the Cardiff game a Grade A relegation dogfight.

..and by managing only one shot on target against a bottom of the table team is planning more Grade C games in future.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

A spectacular 10/10 for completely failing to adrress a straightforward question asked of you but then we should expect nothing less of you shifting the goalposts in order to accomodate yet another whingefest over season tickets, memberships,casual ticket prices and now match grading.

There wasn't really a question of general interest to respond to.

I bought a ticket on a friend's behalf for Cardiff but not Birmingham. 

Fair enough that as a casual supporter these days - a former season ticket holder who nows lives abroad - he has to pay more. the question is how much more is fair?

On 17/02/2023 at 18:05, essex canary said:

I guess road tax should be free too considering we do all the driving ourselves?! Someone has to create and maintain that system, you know?

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Would be good to see your OSP manifesto in which you present your solutions rather than ask the questions.

Of course if you don't think change is needed. no point in standing for election.

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Would be good to see your OSP manifesto in which you present your solutions rather than ask the questions.

Of course if you don't think change is needed. no point in standing for election.

I haven't actually confirmed that i am prepared to stand if you look back at what i said.

There wasn't really a question of general interest to respond to.

And you think your constant bleatings on here over season tickets, memberships, casual ticket pricing and now match catagories. are of general interest ? Your lack of self awareness is astounding .

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I guess road tax should be free too considering we do all the driving ourselves?! Someone has to create and maintain that system, you know?

To be fair, the fee paid on tickets is pretty ridiculous - my son’s ticket is £15 +£1 ‘admin’ for it to be uploaded (which is automatic) onto his membership card (which in turn of course cost £25).  It does feel like you’re paying for things twice, but at least a quid isn’t that bad.  

15 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It does feel like you’re paying for things twice, but at least a quid isn’t that bad.  

It doesn't help when itemised, I don't know why they don't just include it in the price really - perhaps it has to be declared on the invoice as the money splits off elsewhere?  It's not a legal obligation as far as i'm aware.

My reply was more in response to it being labelled a DIY task and so there should be no costs.

19 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Hypothecation. 

Perhaps they could extend this idea further? How much are we paying for Soccerbot in the ticket prices? Then again perhaps not.

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

And you think your constant bleatings on here over season tickets, memberships, casual ticket pricing and now match catagories. are of general interest ? Your lack of self awareness is astounding .

If my friend aged 65 later this year joins me for such a game next season in the same South Stand Block he will pay the same £36.50. If then he were to sit the other side of the halfway line on a season ticket basis his effective price for the game is £16 or thereabouts.

Perhaps relevant to the empty seat problem that concerns @nutty nigel ?

16 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair, the fee paid on tickets is pretty ridiculous - my son’s ticket is £15 +£1 ‘admin’ for it to be uploaded (which is automatic) onto his membership card (which in turn of course cost £25).  It does feel like you’re paying for things twice, but at least a quid isn’t that bad.  

The young person who holds 1,000 club shares and still has to pay full price for a season ticket also feels they are paying twice for the same thing and to a much greater extent than £23 per season.

Just now, essex canary said:

The young person who holds 1,000 club shares and still has to pay full price for a season ticket also feels they are paying twice for the same thing and to a much greater extent than £23 per season.

Owning shares has sod all to do with anything, though.  If you don’t like owning them, as appears to be the case you can sell them.