Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Fan Disconnect in the Directors Box

I pretty much agree with that letter. Trouble is plenty on here advocated sacking Farke so must have felt connected at the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So it's a man who sits in the directors box and he has written to the EDP?

Ergo the disconnect potentially; even being that close to the Director's he obviously feels he isn't listened too? 🤔

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Ergo the disconnect potentially; even being that close to the Director's he obviously feels he isn't listened too? 🤔

Just because he sits there what makes him interesting enough to be listened to? I'm only listened to in the blankets because I make a lot of noise. Maybe if he shouted "yellas" a few times he'd wake some of the old duffers up...

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He doesn't mention where he sits and I've no idea why it would make any difference.

He also does not mention fan disconnect, it's just a letter saying we shouldn't have sacked Farke.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I pretty much agree with that letter. Trouble is plenty on here advocated sacking Farke so must have felt connected at the time.

Mostly the same ones that want Smith out.

@nutty nigel @A Load of Squit Did you read the articles in the link? I never said he sits near the director's box per se, just that with his background & profile etc he is quite close to the Directors via business contacts if nothing else. The OP I would assume has a better view of this than me, but the fact Lambert is going public with his criticism implies that he has used up using his influence directly on the Board to achieve change of some kind.

To help make the point a bit clearer, the title of this thread implies the people who sit in the Director's box are disconnected with fans, whereas previously the discussion has been about the "club" being disconnected from fans. The OP thus demonstrates that even people who are close contacts with the Directors' are getting very frustrated and are going public with their frustration!

When higher profile supporters like Lambert go public, warning shots have been fired, challenging the Board to show their position with more clarity to fans on their view of the current position at the Carra! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

@nutty nigel @A Load of Squit Did you read the articles in the link? I never said he sits near the director's box per se, just that with his background & profile etc he is quite close to the Directors via business contacts if nothing else. The OP I would assume has a better view of this than me, but the fact Lambert is going public with his criticism implies that he has used up using his influence directly on the Board to achieve change of some kind.

To help make the point a bit clearer, the title of this thread implies the people who sit in the Director's box are disconnected with fans, whereas previously the discussion has been about the "club" being disconnected from fans. The OP thus demonstrates that even people who are close contacts with the Directors' are getting very frustrated and are going public with their frustration!

When higher profile supporters like Lambert go public, warning shots have been fired, challenging the Board to show their position with more clarity to fans on their view of the current position at the Carra! 

'Higher profile'?

Sorry I don't get it.

Again, it's a letter saying we shouldn't have sacked Farke. I fail to see how that is 'warning shots'.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

'Higher profile'?

Sorry I don't get it.

Again, it's a letter saying we shouldn't have sacked Farke. I fail to see how that is 'warning shots'.

You are being deliberately obtuse, aren't you. 😉   If all you took from the letter and the author's background is that it is just a crank who can't get over Farke's departure, that is okay with me. I and a few others on this thread who also see the implication of this public letter of discontent despite their proximity to the Board, await the next move with interest. 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Dear old Mervyn. Does sit in the directors box. Also has tickets at Portman Road . 

No wonder he's disconnected.😷

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

You are being deliberately obtuse, aren't you. 😉   If all you took from the letter and the author's background is that it is just a crank who can't get over Farke's departure, that is okay with me. I and a few others on this thread who also see the implication of this public letter of discontent despite their proximity to the Board, await the next move with interest. 🙂 

He hasn't mentioned fan disconnect, if he was upset about fan disconnect why didn't he say that?

Why can't you accept that the content of the letter is about sacking Farke?

25 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

What does his background have to do with anything. I was a bingo calling bog cleaner and directors speak to me. They've even asked my opinion. Maybe I should doff my cap, know my place and shuffle off to my seat in the blankets if it happens again.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What does his background have to do with anything. I was a bingo calling bog cleaner and directors speak to me. They've even asked my opinion. Maybe I should doff my cap, know my place and shuffle off to my seat in the blankets if it happens again.

You know yesterday, when you said it was going to be a long month....

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

But will there be a next move, shef? The superficial similarity is with the open letter more than a decade ago from Bowkett and an ally whose name escapes me, but that was calling for big changes, such as the sacking of Doncaster from memory, on the basis the club was in overall terms badly run. The upshot was that Doncaster was sacked and Bowkett was persuaded to join the board and become chairman.

This is a whinge, albeit strongly worded, about one specific decision and a decision that had valid arguments for it at the time, and still does. And there has already been a very recent boardroom shake-up with the arrival of Attanasio. Is this chap planning to become launch a takeover bid?🤓

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

But will there be a next move, shef? The superficial similarity is with the open letter more than a decade ago from Bowkett and an ally whose name escapes me, but that was calling for big changes, such as the sacking of Doncaster from memory, on the basis the club was in overall terms badly run. The upshot was that Doncaster was sacked and Bowkett was persuaded to join the board and become chairman.

This is a whinge, albeit strongly worded, about one specific decision and a decision that had valid arguments for it at the time, and still does. And there has already been a very recent boardroom shake-up with the arrival of Attanasio. Is this chap planning to become launch a takeover bid?🤓

🤷‍♂️ Thanks for sharing details of a precedent, Purps. I doubt that a takeover from Lambert is possible (Attanasio's recent acquisition of £10m of convertible preference shares effectively values the club at £100M - Lambert doesn't seem to have that much does he, but there again in concert with others??). However, as I've said and as you so rightly remember, such public hostility at actions of the Board can lead eventually to change.  My guess, an acceleration in Attanasio's plans ...... 🙂 

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The other Associate Director was Nigel Bertram.

We also have an Associate Director post on here.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Dear old Mervyn. Does sit in the directors box. Also has tickets at Portman Road . 

🤣🤣 yellow and blue 🤫🤔😷.

Bumper crowd expected as Town look to turn derby day Blue

The countdown to derby day is on with Club staff at Portman Road today to put out around 25,000 blue cards in seats ready for kick-off.

Town are looking to create a wall of blue as Luke Chambers leads the team out for the clash with Norwich.

“The fans have got a massive part to play in all this. This is a game for supporters and if we’re together, we’re stronger,” the skipper told the Club website.

“It should be a great atmosphere and the more blue we see on the day the better.”

BLUE CARDS - ready to be held up as the players walk out - will be under seats in all home areas except lower Sir Bobby’s, where the giant Town flag will be unveiled before kick-off.

Only supporters who have a purchase history at Portman Road will be able to buy match tickets for the game. 

Norwich have sold out their allocation. The game kicks-off at midday and is covered live on Sky TV. 

THE BLUE CARDS  are sponsored by Vertas and Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire and include a competiton to win a signed shirt and match tickets.

SO IS MERV NORWICH OR IPSWICH??

🤣🤭🤫🤔🤔🤔🤔🙈🙉🙊

6 minutes ago, Mengo said:

🤣🤣 yellow and blue 🤫🤔😷.

The countdown to derby day is on with Club staff at Portman Road today to put out around 25,000 blue cards in seats ready for kick-off.

Town are looking to create a wall of blue as Luke Chambers leads the team out for the clash with Norwich.

“The fans have got a massive part to play in all this. This is a game for supporters and if we’re together, we’re stronger,” the skipper told the Club website.

“It should be a great atmosphere and the more blue we see on the day the better.”

BLUE CARDS - ready to be held up as the players walk out - will be under seats in all home areas except lower Sir Bobby’s, where the giant Town flag will be unveiled before kick-off.

Only supporters who have a purchase history at Portman Road will be able to buy match tickets for the game. 

Norwich have sold out their allocation. The game kicks-off at midday and is covered live on Sky TV. 

THE BLUE CARDS  are sponsored by Vertas and Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire and include a competiton to win a signed shirt and match tickets.

🤣🤭🤫🤔🤔🤔🤔🙈🙉🙊

Difficult to say ..............with a name like Lambert 😔

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mengo said:

🤣🤣 yellow and blue 🤫🤔😷.

🤣🤭🤫🤔🤔🤔🤔🙈🙉🙊

😷

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Why does the saying "there are none so blind as those who will not see" spring to mind here?

I don't know. Why does it?