Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

If you won the Euromillions, who would you buy?

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sod that, I don't care for property management as it's far too much BS for my liking. Got a running friend who is a landlord and there's no way I'm interested in putting up with what he has to do. If we took £150m as a guide, even 1% of that is £1.5 million = £125K per month. 

I wouldn't be able to spend all that. I'd end up saving more and more of it.

I think if you owned £100 million worth of rental property you could safely employ not just one but half a dozen property managers who will look after all that stuff for you.

That's 500 x £200k homes.

• Like 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think if you owned £100 million worth of rental property you could safely employ not just one but half a dozen property managers who will look after all that stuff for you.

That's 500 x £200k homes.

Sure, but ultimately the crap comes back to me, and that is a red flag I am not willing to accept under any circumstances.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sure, but ultimately the crap comes back to me, and that is a red flag I am not willing to accept under any circumstances.

The £85000 cap per person per bank savings protection means you'll need to find 1765 banks to hold your money, and that's before interest takes your balance above £85000.

I'd take the 500 houses over that.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The £85000 cap per person per bank savings protection means you'll need to find 1765 banks to hold your money, and that's before interest takes your balance above £85000.

I'd take the 500 houses over that.

And if you put it with NS&I, all of it is 100% guaranteed. Yes, the £85K cap applies to banks, but not the government-based one. You've made a good case for diversifying banks, absolutely. 

But as said before, managing property, or getting others to manage it for me, is a red flag as it involves stuff and nonsense I refuse to do. I am not willing to tolerate that under *any* circumstances. If you want that management hassle, not a problem - it's your hypothetical money. 

Me, I'd just want a safe, reliable monthly income with nothing else needed from me such as managing stuff. It can readily augment what I earn and also go into my pension on top of that (and I have no intention of retiring, I save into a pension pot to give me more income when I get older).

In fact, the pension pot and cash ISA is probably where it would go first before I spend it on anything fun. Although I'd probably max out on Premium Bonds as well.

Most people not born to it who acquire that much money would have to give it to charity to remain sane. Or buy a club and get rid of it that way. I'd buy Chesham United, give it to their regular fans and bankroll it for them to run for 5 years to see what could be done - a bit like a better Ebbsfleet. A 10 person Board, each with a maximum three year term, chairman by rotation every 6 months. Proper manager and coaching team employed on 5 year deals with a cast iron contract, with a football director answerable to the Board who runs the budget. A ladies team with the same budget, their own manager and sharing the coaches on a similar deal. Free entry for anyone under 21, unemployed, in education, over 65 or on benefits to any game. Subsidised travel to away games for every season ticket holder.

Players on full time contracts but everyone has to do one day a week serving the local community.

Anyone who abuses referees, opposition fans or players banned for life.

Population of the Chesham area is about 25,000. Every one of whom would be a fan within a year. Return the game to the people who want it.

Oh, and no television cameras. Ever.

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Most people not born to it who acquire that much money would have to give it to charity to remain sane.

haha, you just reminded me of that lotto lout guy from Swaffham who had a race track in his garden.  Bagged about £10m and ended up in Prison.

55 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Oh, and no television cameras. Ever.

That would be your downfall, probably a requirement to join the Football League.

48 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That would be your downfall, probably a requirement to join the Football League.

We'd just play on our own then!

One option would be King's Lynn with the intentions stated by many in this thread (a focus on developing facilities and promoting youth) and to take the club out of the hands of a rather dodgy owner. 

The second would be my second team, Lecce. Their facilities are pretty basic for a Serie A club, and with some investment on that side and a naturally large fanbase for a club of their size, you could probably build a bigger version of what Sassuolo have become with £100m.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

23 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

We could always hope Attanasio wins the current American lottery, it’s not been won for weeks and the current prize is over a BILLION dollars! I kid you not. Wtf does anybody need that sort of money for?

Buying football clubs. Or Twitter...

50 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

My Mum was a teacher at Willows Primary School in Lichfield for many years

Know it very well, my old house was on the back of the field! 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2022 at 10:14, Nexus_Canary said:

I'd buy Ipswich and tank them 🤣🤣

What would you do with the other £149,999,999 though?

• Haha 2

On 02/11/2022 at 14:12, Branston Pickle said:

I’d sort my local ‘borough’ side, Kingstonian, out with a home ground - they’ve been sharing for a number of years firstly at Leatherhead, then Corinthian Casuals and now Mitcham, and need a home. (Chelsea Ladies play at their old ground).

Daft thing there is that I’d almost certainly move back to Norfolk, so probably never watch them again!

You're not a Burtonian as well are you?

Having a jar of 'Branston' as your monicker...

If i won i would phone Delia and ask you know you said you were never in NCFC to make money ,

well i will buy your shares for what you paid and then gift the club 20 mill for what ever it needs ,