CDMullins

Huge Seven Months...

For the club.

Aside on whether Dean Smith keeps his job or not,

This is a huge Seven Months coming up for the club.

Without promotion this season I feel we are in real trouble,

We have no sellable assets left, Max's regression has seen his value drop and Todd as completely imploded.

We'd surely lose Krul, Pukki and we'd still have some high earners and Gibbs aside it doesn't look like we have any youngsters pulling up trees.

Promotion is imperative.

Without it we genuinely risk falling deep into trouble.

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

This isn't an aside. This is the crucial topic.

Keep him and the absolute best we can expect is the playoffs (he's never finished higher than fifth in this league).

Bin him, and you'd be hard pressed to replace him with someone who can't get this squad into the top two*.

*though Webber could still manage it

Edited by canarydan23

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

This isn't an aside. This is the crucial topic.

Keep him and the absolute best we can expect is the playoffs (he's never finished higher than fifth in this league).

Bin him, and you'd be hard pressed to replace him with someone who can't get this squad into the top two*.

*though Webber could still manage it

Completely agree but I didn't want the thread becoming another Smith In/Smith Out thread.

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Completely agree but I didn't want the thread becoming another Smith In/Smith Out thread.

They’re growing in number! 

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

For the club.

This is a huge Seven Months coming up for the club.

Without promotion this season I feel we are in real trouble,

We have no sellable assets left, Max's regression has seen his value drop and Todd as completely imploded.

We'd surely lose Krul, Pukki and we'd still have some high earners and Gibbs aside it doesn't look like we have any youngsters pulling up trees.

Promotion is imperative.

Without it we genuinely risk falling deep into trouble.

Agree. It’s a poor championship this year. Next year may be much harder to get promoted.

Crossroads moment, and I’m not taking about Benny (let’s see how many of you get that 😉)

I’d say and not limited to, Omobalidele, gunn, Nunez, sara, rowe, Tzolis, Aarons and whoever falls off the academy production line are all saleable assets 

It’s okay, it’s just the footballing gods putting a curse on us after we embarrassed a worldwide sporting brand known as the Premier League for two separate seasons.

Derby went through it in which despite all those shots on goal in the 2014 play-off final, the ball refused to go in and QPR scored with their only attempt on target. It was like the footballing gods were punishing them for causing a worldwide embarrassment to the Premier League in 2007-08, now we are getting the same curse.

48 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I’d say and not limited to, Omobalidele, gunn, Nunez, sara, rowe, Tzolis, Aarons and whoever falls off the academy production line are all saleable assets 

All of which added together would be less than a Buendia, a Godfrey or a Maddison, so thank you very much for helping to prove my point.

• Like 1

Best thing currently for the club would to not get promoted and have a complete reset. Get rid of the players who don’t want to be here, the failing coach and most of all Delia sells to Attanasio. This squad is nowhere near good enough to get out of this league, people who think it is are deluded, and if we got promoted who knows how bad it would be after the last 2 poor efforts!!

5 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Agree. It’s a poor championship this year. Next year may be much harder to get promoted.

Crossroads moment, and I’m not taking about Benny (let’s see how many of you get that 😉)

Well, the accent's right. And our team is as shaky as the credits at the end of the programme.

I can imagine Onel in a beanie hat talking to Miss Delia.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Best thing currently for the club would to not get promoted and have a complete reset. Get rid of the players who don’t want to be here, the failing coach and most of all Delia sells to Attanasio. This squad is nowhere near good enough to get out of this league, people who think it is are deluded, and if we got promoted who knows how bad it would be after the last 2 poor efforts!!

I think you need to be careful what you wish for! It is indeed a very tricky period for the club. In some ways, Farke’s sacking was a free hit for Webber. Now he has to decide whether to stick or twist - each, or indeed both, could go badly wrong - but I still believe promotion is imperative for the club’s financial stability. After having his free hit, the pressure is really on our SD now. 

With this squad of Players, we will not win promotion this season

no matter who the Manager is

no matter how much money we spend in January

no matter who the Owner is

no matter if Webber is here or not

The squad of players we have, both individually and collectively, are simply not good enough.

• Like 1

The pressure ought to be on our SD - but I sense his heart isn’t really in it these days. He’s having his semi sabbatical to climb mountains and applied for a job at Chelsea. He will just jump ship if the proverbial hits the fan. 

On 19/10/2022 at 01:55, CDMullins said:

All of which added together would be less than a Buendia, a Godfrey or a Maddison, so thank you very much for helping to prove my point.

Omobalidele alone has the potential to be worth 25-30m so not sure how you work that one out 

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Omobalidele alone has the potential to be worth 25-30m so not sure how you work that one out 

He's regressed this season. He might be a £25-£30m one day, but not here.

3 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Deluded.

He's certainly not worth that now.

7 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Deluded.

He's certainly not worth that now.

If we could find a club that pays over the odds for an injured player.... Can we sell to ourselves?😇😄🤷