Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else but is he injured again?

Just now, Daz Sparks said:

He had slight swelling in his knee. Out of squad as a precaution.

Thanks, sounds like just a minor issue then thankfully.

Unfortunately it seems like the poor guy just can’t shake off his injury problems. With Sargent and Pukki on fire and Hugill no where near as bad at this level as people make out, I think it would be wise to give him and extended rest/recovery period I reckon.

• Like 1

Becoming a proper sick note- it’s concerning as he is at his prime in terms of age. Needs to be establishing himself and becoming a regular starter but is again becoming a periphery figure 

• Like 1

Idah has potential but time soon moves on and he needs to have a season where hes playing 25 plus games to progress and see if he can step up!

At this moment in time I think Hugills the better option!

Edited by kingsway

Probably another one where there's no need to take risks. We've got Sargent, Pukki and Hugill. It's a long ol' season

A player who's progress I've followed since  the academy as I felt he had exciting potential. But unfortunately he's always been on and off injured so I doubt he'll ever be more than an upper half Champs striker. 

Really hope I'm wrong though, he's got all the raw ingredients to be a potentially established prem striker, he's tall, strong, fast, a natural scoring ability and before last seasons injury it looked like things finally started to click for him tactically with movement and how to use his size to his advantage. 

He only had a "slight" swelling on his knee and was rested as a precaution. 

It might be reasonable to assume that he's become a bit delicate, but surely it's premature.

A fully fit, up and running and confident Adam Idah will be of far more use to the match day line-up than Hugill will ever be.

Come on!

We also need to think about future sell-on. It might  be that he fails the PL test (narrowly?) but we need to maintain his reputation for marketing purposes.

Tbh I’ve yet to see what others think is in there, as regarding a free scoring player . 
Unfortunatly for him it looks like it’s going to be a another muddle season ahead for him which could, and should if correct, mean a move to a lower league next season.

• Like 1

I think he’s a genuine talent and should be in our starting eleven. I think he creates the space Pukki needs to score goals and has the quality to score them. Adds much needed physicality to our pretty fragile lineup. Need him in the squad ASAP.

• Like 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

I think he’s a genuine talent and should be in our starting eleven. I think he creates the space Pukki needs to score goals and has the quality to score them. Adds much needed physicality to our pretty fragile lineup. Need him in the squad ASAP.

Right.

Could have done with him yesterday.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Becoming a proper sick note- it’s concerning as he is at his prime in terms of age. Needs to be establishing himself and becoming a regular starter but is again becoming a periphery figure 

He's not "at his prime in terms of age" he's 22. Peak for footballers is 26-31 ish. That's when typically players have the best combination of physical attributes and experience/knowledge of the game so find consistency. 

He had a really bad injury and I'm not surprised he's still getting over it. 

Knees are delicate things. Fingers crossed Adam can get over this.