Samwam27

Who would be your starting 11 now

19 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Worth bumping this one as the debate on incomings/shortage of cover rages

For Cardiff maybe Gunn, Aarons, Omo, Gibson, Hanley, Giannoulis, Sorenson, McLean, Rachica, Cantwell, Pukki in a 343. Or swap Sargeant for Gibson in a 4231?

Not a bad shout (343). Maybe sinani over cantwell but 👍

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Omobamidele, Gianoulis/McCallum (Can't split them)

Hayden

Sara,             Cantwell

Sinani                                                        Rasich

Pukki

Think that looks our strongest at the moment with the ability for Cantwell to drop into the 10 and be fluid in his movement. Would ideally like a more proven consistent right sided player to come through the door and a replacement for PLM and maybe for Zimbo unless Tomkinson is being seen as the 4th choice and I think we are good to go. 

Has Sinani done that much as to be included by so many?

Don't know. Just asking.

Huddersfield didn't want to take up the option for £1m (?) I thought it a pity at the time.

Can't be that good and mixed reviews from the support there.

The Sarge for me, any day. 

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Has Sinani done that much as to be included by so many?

Don't know. Just asking.

Huddersfield didn't want to take up the option for £1m (?) I thought it a pity at the time.

Can't be that good and mixed reviews from the support there.

The Sarge for me, any day. 

For me its a case of best of what we have. Think he performed better for Huddersfield than say Onel did for Brum last season, Sargent looks to be a striker in DS mind from pre-season and for me Rowe and Springett aren't quite ready for starting births in a top end champ team but could be soon. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

For me its a case of best of what we have. Think he performed better for Huddersfield than say Onel did for Brum last season, Sargent looks to be a striker in DS mind from pre-season and for me Rowe and Springett aren't quite ready for starting births in a top end champ team but could be soon. 

Fair enough, but my thinking is that if he is not considered worth the punt by Huddersfield (who have just reaped £10m from Forest) how can he possibly be a starter for us?

I sense Birmingham City, manager and fans, actually wanted to retain Hernández in some way. Not universal with Sinani though.

Sinani might be useful from the bench on occasions, imo, but I think I'd rather have £1m in the bank. Our aim is to win the league, after all.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I wouldn't personally be including any of last season's signings, and our recent additions are both injured. This is the best I could do with the currently fit players.

121501389_Screenshot_20220722-115218_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f7701c06eb746b2a5ce991c7991358f9.jpg

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Fair enough, but my thinking is that if he is not considered worth the punt by Huddersfield (who have just reaped £10m from Forest) how can he possibly be a starter for us?

I sense Birmingham City, manager and fans, actually wanted to retain Hernández in some way. Not universal with Sinani though.

It may well be the price is no longer £1m

That figure was agreed before Sinani had a productive season in the Championship, getting to the play off final. It was said at the time Hudds probably would have taken the option if promoted, but having lost the final didn't have the money to do so.

They've had a few fees in now, but if we see Danel as in our top 4 attacking mids then I doubt we would now sell to a rival for £1m

If the reports that we wont be buying another CB are true 3 at the back seems very unlikely,  which is a shame as 3cbs and aarons and gianni pushing forward may add some threat that our array of attacking midfielders seem to deliver only sporadically  not one of sargeant, rashica, todd, dowell,  Sinani and at a push kenny, can provide.

As for the Hanley haters - the champs is a very different proposition;  Hanley will be up with the best this season,  and even gibson will be ok.  I remain nervous that we will continue to concede too many chances but that didnt slow our progress in our last two champs seasons.

A final issue is the comments in the press that some players would prefer a prem season - so further departs before Sept remain possible - Pukki, the real concern. Hanley, Krul,  Rashica, Gianni & Aarons the others that would be missed.   

Once everyone is fit, and I cant see us paying so much for Sara and him not playing, and i think smith may fancy both idah and teemu starting and saving hugill from the bench,  so my choice would be a 4-4-1-1

Krul

Aarons  Hanley  Omo  Gianni

Hayden Sara

Sargeant                   Rashica

Idah

Pukki 

Kenny, Gibson, Hugill, Dowell,  Todd & Byram will all get plenty of appearance.   A solid competive squad just missing a little sparkle and consistency 

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Gibson

Giannoulis 

McLean

Sorensen

Cantwell

Sargent

Pukki

Rashica

In a 4-2-1-3

Hope we don't 5 at the back as it will be like watching England.

With CB's, I know a few on here will scoff, but it is a question of left / right balance.  If Omo is to start, then it will be along side the left footed Gibson (not right footed Hanley), at least until Gibson completely ****s it up.  And I do think Omo will start.

"Them's the breaks".

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Gibson

Giannoulis 

McLean

Sorensen

Cantwell

Sargent

Pukki

Rashica

In a 4-2-1-3

Not bad to start, with Sara & Hayden to come in ready + a couple of loans. Don't understand to drive for more depth.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Gibson

Giannoulis 

McLean

Sorensen

Cantwell

Sargent

Pukki

Rashica

In a 4-2-1-3

I doubt Aarons will be here, I have a thought that McLean might end up at Rangers, they’re gaining a large fee in the next week and will no doubt look to strengthen and McLean has a desire to play for them before he ends his career! 

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

I doubt Aarons will be here, I have a thought that McLean might end up at Rangers, they’re gaining a large fee in the next week and will no doubt look to strengthen and McLean has a desire to play for them before he ends his career! 

Yeah no sooner had I typed this the Aarons to Everton thread appeared!

We’re only as good as our last result, thumped 0-5 by Spurs on our own park.

The squad has an inevitable crisis of confidence and belief.    Yet, to read this forum you do get the impression the battle is for second place behind us.

This squad needs three things from the off, changes for the sake of change, pace and some tenacity.    It’s in desperate need of some spark.   

To suggest Sara or Hayden in the starting 11 when they haven’t trained, remain unfit and don’t know the team yet is a tad bizarre.     

Gunn / Krul

Aaron’s, Omo, Hanley, Dimi / McCallum

Sorensen, Gibbs

Rashica                           Rowe / Springett

Cantwell

Pukki

Wide players can switch sides….   CDMs allow full-backs to get forward.   

Cantwell and Rashica can interchange.  Need to move on from the likes of McLean, Dowell, Sargent and Hugill if we are to move forward!