Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

How many Away members? How much income?

Apparently we had 8,000 or so Away Members in theĀ  first Premier League season.

The scheme has yet to operate in a Championship season and match pick week is upon us.

Could any of our supporters representatives let us know exactly how many people have signed up and how much revenue that has generated?

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Apparently we had 8,000 or so Away Members in theĀ  first Premier League season.

The scheme has yet to operate in a Championship season and match pick week is upon us.

Could any of our supporters representatives let us know exactly how many people have signed up and how much revenue that has generated?

thats very demanding of you

14 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Why does it matter?Ā 

5 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

thats very demanding of you

I don't mean to be demanding of our supporters representatives but I think the Club should display the same enthusiasm for releasing the numbers now as when it was first introduced.

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Why does it matter?Ā 

Because those of us who haven't yet signed up maybe able to make the judgement that we could save our money as Groups 4 and 5 will generally be reached anyway.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I don't mean to be demanding of our supporters representatives but I think the Club should display the same enthusiasm for releasing the numbers now as when it was first introduced.

chances are the will closer to the season start

Ā 

but it does come of as I want a stick to beat you with line of questioning

Edited by Paul101

Why not ask the club, who will know, rather than supporters who most likely wonā€™t? Ā Given the season is still a number of weeks away, I canā€™t really see the point in knowing such data ā€˜nowā€™ā€¦.particularly as all youā€™d do with it is moan.

55 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I know the builder who has got the contract to build Stuart and Zoe's extension, I'll ask him what the price was.Ā 

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Because those of us who haven't yet signed up maybe able to make the judgement that we could save our money as Groups 4 and 5 will generally be reached anyway.

So why does it matter how much revenue has been generated?

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

So why does it matter how much revenue has been generated?

ItĀ  doesn't matter how much revenue was raised at all. The point is that NO revenue should be raised fromĀ  "taxing" fans that wish to go to away games.

AwayĀ support helps the team and I really can't understand why it is necessary to make it even more expensive than it currently is to support the team away from home. It feels a bit cheap to me.Ā šŸ˜Ÿ

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Badger said:

ItĀ  doesn't matter how much revenue was raised at all. The point is that NO revenue should be raised fromĀ  "taxing" fans that wish to go to away games.

AwayĀ support helps the team and I really can't understand why it is necessary to make it even more expensive than it currently is to support the team away from home. It feels a bit cheap to me.Ā šŸ˜Ÿ

Here, here Badger.

Three things I don't want to subsidise are:

1. Board members flying to away games.

2. Top up salaries for players playing for other Clubs.

3. Payments to a legal company to maintain a ridiculous share register of 6,860 shareholders when the ClubĀ can't be bothered to ensure that the modest rewards offered to such shareholders are allocated equitably.

Ā 

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I know the builder who has got the contract to build Stuart and Zoe's extension, I'll ask him what the price was.Ā 

Is it a big one and does it come with a climbing wall?Ā 

Is there a sign they are planning to expand their family - if so that 90% attention from Stuart will drop further and be joined by 50% dropĀ from Zoe!Ā 

We demand to know (even if this is all personal stuff that we haven't a right to at all)! šŸ˜‰Ā 

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Is it a big one and does it come with a climbing wall?Ā 

Is there a sign they are planning to expand their family - if so that 90% attention from Stuart will drop further and be joined by 50% dropĀ from Zoe!Ā 

We demand to know (even if this is all personal stuff that we haven't a right to at all)! šŸ˜‰Ā 

Indeed.

Apparently we can't afford the 7 figure sum for safe standing. It wasn't a problem with the swimming pool or the marketing exercise. Neither has it been a problem with the senior management salaries varying between Ā£0.75 million and Ā£3.8 million per year over the last 6 years.

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Apparently we can't afford the 7 figure sum for safe standing

Source/link please.Ā 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

this one? -Ā 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-canaries-norwich-city-safe-standing-9119986

Which statesĀ 
image.png.ebd8f8bb55c6c8dbe9080797d81440dd.png

not sure where that says we cannot afford it, as you state, - just we are not doing it yet. Which given we are only a few weeks before the start of the season restart I get.

Exactly this. Of course we could afford it, but it's not feasible to implement it in less than a month. A little bit disingenuous of the EDP to suggest that the cost of implementation has anything to do with the fact that it's not being implemented this summer. The club were never going to implement it without consulting fans first (which they have now done). It's purely a logistical decision, nothing to do with the cost involved.

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

this one? -Ā 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-canaries-norwich-city-safe-standing-9119986

Which statesĀ 
image.png.ebd8f8bb55c6c8dbe9080797d81440dd.png

not sure where that says we cannot afford it, as you state, - just we are not doing it yet. Which given we are only a few weeks before the start of the season restart I get.

Fair enough. At one time Ed Balls was championing this yet other Clubs seem to have got ahead of us.

The seven figure sum was never a consideration apparently with the swimming pool or the re-marketing initiative whilst annual management salaries have varied between Ā£0.75 million and Ā£3.75 million in the last 6 years. Draw your own conclusions.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Exactly this. Of course we could afford it, but it's not feasible to implement it in less than a month. A little bit disingenuous of the EDP to suggest that the cost of implementation has anything to do with the fact that it's not being implemented this summer. The club were never going to implement it without consulting fans first (which they have now done). It's purely a logistical decision, nothing to do with the cost involved.

Ed Balls was championing this so why did it take 3 and a half years beyond his departure to consult?

Could be something to do with running without a Chairman.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Here, here Badger.

Three things I don't want to subsidise are:

1. Board members flying to away games.

2. Top up salaries for players playing for other Clubs.

3. Payments to a legal company to maintain a ridiculous share register of 6,860 shareholders when the ClubĀ can't be bothered to ensure that the modest rewards offered to such shareholders are allocated equitably.

Ā 

I know that you are salty with the board and your ticket for life not being transferable, but come on, this is just ridiculous:

1. How do we know the club are paying to fly the board members separately from the players?

2. What salaries are we topping up other than the players we are loaned out? And if we are topping up salaries would you rather we were paying the full salary and have the players sit around not playing?

3. There is a statutory requirement to maintain a shareholder register.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Fair enough. At one time Ed Balls was championing this yet other Clubs seem to have got ahead of us

Shame he couldn't persuade the rest of the Board to invest in a replacement for the City Stand when he was chair and when construction finance was at its cheapest.Ā  Then safe standing wouldn't be a logistical issue but a strategic / ethical one!

25 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Fair enough. At one time Ed Balls was championing this yet other Clubs seem to have got ahead of us.

The seven figure sum was never a consideration apparently with the swimming pool or the re-marketing initiative whilst annual management salaries have varied between Ā£0.75 million and Ā£3.75 million in the last 6 years. Draw your own conclusions.

Ā 

How about you compare like with like.

In that 6 years how many roles have there been, don't imply that that someone's salary has increased by Ā£3m.

Drawing the same conclusion as you would be an admission of stupidity.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I know that you are salty with the board and your ticket for life not being transferable, but come on, this is just ridiculous:

1. How do we know the club are paying to fly the board members separately from the players?

2. What salaries are we topping up other than the players we are loaned out? And if we are topping up salaries would you rather we were paying the full salary and have the players sit around not playing?

3. There is a statutory requirement to maintain a shareholder register.

1. I suspect they are flying with the players. No reason though why Board Members couldn't make a Club donation to cover their portion of the fare. There is no evidence of that in the accounts.

2. It is a difficult issue but we were told Tzolis was an investment for the future. Arguably not from where we are now.

3. I suspect the costs are determined by the number of shareholders and no other Club has 6.860 of them most with minimal holdings so likely to be far more expensive than other Clubs. The legal firm earns at the shareholders expense.

Stuff like this is why I'd never want to put my neck out and join the supporters panel like others have done.

There job isn't to answer questions about your own personal hobby horses as some on here seem to think.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How about you compare like with like.

In that 6 years how many roles have there been, don't imply that that someone's salary has increased by Ā£3m.

Drawing the same conclusion as you would be an admission of stupidity.

It is like with like in individual years as declared. If they were providing information in an informative style they would append a note saying how many people made up Ā£0.75 million in one particular year and Ā£3.75 million in another and accompanying explanation.

We can all ask but why is it necessary to ask?

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

Oh go on then i will indulge you and say that from a reliable source the figure going into the final week that gave you a !0% discount which from memory was around 17th June it stood at 3,500.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, essex canary said:

1. I suspect they are flying with the players. No reason though why Board Members couldn't make a Club donation to cover their portion of the fare. There is no evidence of that in the accounts.

2. It is a difficult issue but we were told Tzolis was an investment for the future. Arguably not from where we are now.

3. I suspect the costs are determined by the number of shareholders and no other Club has 6.860 of them most with minimal holdings so likely to be far more expensive than other Clubs. The legal firm earns at the shareholders expense.

1. So you object to them sharing a private plane that has already been chartered? Essentially you are asking them to subsidise the players transport costs.

2. So the only example you can cite of us topping up players wages when they play for other clubs is a player who plays for us and hasn't been on loan since joining.

3. Again, pure speculation, but the statutory requirement is from companies House, other football clubs have no bearing on it and I wouldn't be surprised if some other clubs do have that many shareholders or pay out more in legal fees for managing said register.

Ā 

All in all you're desperately searching for more sticks to beat the club with because you feel hard done by. Move on, if you hate the way the club is being run sell your shares and stop going, I'm sure that you'd be able to find someone willing to buy them off you at a fair price, hell, why not write to Mark Attanasio and see if he wants to buy your shares whilst he's at it? He won't care about the fact you can't transfer your for life benefit to someone after your life has ended.

• Like 1