Haus

Ifollow this year ?

There seems to be some confusion going on.

If you watch tv using Freeview or Freesat or Sky then if Radio Norfolk is listed you can listen to the match commentary. 

I can only imagine it's too difficult for them to selectively block tv broadcast channels for some technical reason.

• Thanks 1

What's going to happen when BBC lose funding, do people think we'll still get live commentaries on Norfolk?  Seems more of a service than anything that makes money to me.  It must cost a pretty penny for the rights to broadcast across so many live games across the network.

On 29/06/2022 at 12:11, ncfcstar said:

My understanding is that NCFC tore up their deal with EFL Digital so iFollow (for home games) will not be available this season.

If this is true what a joke by the club, makes me lose more and more interest

37 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

From here: https://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/norwich-city-drive-revenue-engagement-through-digital-eco-system/

"The extended project will comprise of an exit from the EFL Digital deal, allowing Norwich City to take control of their own streaming product; a new mobile app, website, and data solution for an integrated single customer view, a new ticketing platform, and enhanced business intelligence capabilities for internal stakeholders, all underpinned by enterprise connectivity at Carrow Road."

Must admit, I didn't pick up on this either. Wonder what it means for both ifollow viewers and the darker streams found online.  Would be a great shame for people that can't get to matches.

Works well for me if the away games will be on ifollow though.  Hate the quality of service, but better than nothing! 🙂

38 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

The EFL Digital deal meant that the club couldn't create their own website, and various other digital aspects were taken out of their control.  The new situation means they have far more freedom to do what they want to do and I'm sure there will be games broadcast online still, just not through iFollow.

Just now, ncfcstar said:

I'm sure there will be games broadcast online still, just not through iFollow.

That would only be home games right?  Or would they retain some right to broadcast away also?

The problem comes if people not attending matches have to pay a sub for both systems.  Which would be a bit crappy.

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

That would only be home games right?  Or would they retain some right to broadcast away also?

The problem comes if people not attending matches have to pay a sub for both systems.  Which would be a bit crappy.

iFollow was already pretty restricted for UK users though, it was only opened up for 3pm games during COVID so I'd assume it's gone back to blackouts for those games now with only the games at other KO times being available.

The impact would be on international users (or those using a VPN), but who is to say that the club haven't come to some kind of arrangement with the EFL on it?  We won't know until they release whatever the package will be the for the new season.

• Like 1

Just discovered you can't get RN on Freesat. Bu$$er! Used to have Freeview & assumed it was the same. Probably not on Sky either thinking about it. So only Freeview.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

So only Freeview.

Ah, but only when loading Freeview on your telly you input your location as Norfolk (or a neighbouring county).  I've loaded my location as Yorkshire to get the local TV news, so am stick with Radio's Sheffield, Leeds, Derby & Nottingham.  For us exiles who live further away we need to plan for that.  I hope to use a spare TV when my son goes to Uni!🤞

Living in Norfolk, is there a way to listen on your phone? I know you can't on the bbc app, but is there a radio app or another way to get it locally? I know you can get it if you had a radio or in the car but wondered if there is a work around using your phone? 

In the prem it wasn't a big issue as every game was televised so you could always find a stream and being back in the championship I had hoped to use ifollow and a VPN, but it sounds from this thread that that won't be an option this year. 

2 hours ago, priceyrice said:

Living in Norfolk, is there a way to listen on your phone? I know you can't on the bbc app, but is there a radio app or another way to get it locally? I know you can get it if you had a radio or in the car but wondered if there is a work around using your phone? 

Norfolk is on BBC sounds app, but obviously doesn't work matchdays.  Canary call does though, which is handy if you're walking out the ground on your own.

Don't know what phone you have, but quite a few android phones have FM receiver built in as part of the receiver chip which many people don't know.  So check that too.

On 29/06/2022 at 10:29, Haus said:

So, Im leaving my current job in August and taking a 2 year work break, Im going travelling (initially Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam)  Does anyone know is Ifollow running this year still  ?  I cant see any prices anywhere online.  

So the club have answered this today via the email mailing list.

Hi City fan,

As the club has now moved away from the previous iFollow streaming service provided by the EFL, the only way to access our streaming packages for the upcoming 2022/23 campaign and pre-season matches is through a OneCity account.

Our records show that you do not have a OneCity account with the email address which you will have received this email from.

To create your account, simply follow the link below.

6 minutes ago, Yellow Shirt said:

I’m still not seeing any details on the site though… any information as to what the streaming packages will be?

No, it's 'coming soon'.  Sure they'll email when info is available.