cambridgeshire canary

This language is not okay .

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

If you can't separate politics from the basic point of human decency fundamentally underpinning all of these issues (racism, homophobia, prejudice) then just keep your mouth shut.

Question.

Which group of people are most likely to complain about action to oppose homophobia, racism and sexism?

a) Opponents of racism, sexism and homophobia ...  or

b) Racists, sexists and homophobes? 🤔

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Nothing. But drive behind many of the movements today are hugely political. Take - as one example- Black lives matters. Clearly founded by Marxists, clearly pushing a Marxist agenda, clearly staffed by hard left political activists- yet hiding behind the cause they hold up so nobody can question them. 

First I've heard of such arguments, but as others have said my echo chamber is t'other side of world from yours.  

If people within the club want to publicise their views on the issue, let them get on with it, you can choose to ignore it.

Strangely, 3 "English football team fans" were arrested in Germany the other night for raising a Nazi salute.  They may not have been if they had realised that in that country it is seen as a criminal offence.  Makes you wonder what else they need to learn, but also how are they going to receive that learning.  

All this "anti-wokeness" is incredibly tedious and boring.  But you won't hear that because your echo chamber is t'other side of the world from mine.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well, DCB has gone down in my estimations. 🤨

Because I don’t much like the infiltration of left wing identity politics into sport? 

• Like 1

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

He sounds like a another Tucker Carlson.

The art of debate involves listening to viewpoints you disagree with not cancelling them because they don’t sit in your camp. 

The Heritage Foundation is essentially pro-Trumpian and was relatively unusual amongst conservative think tanks in the US by being pretty amenable to Trump early on. In other words, fairly extreme (The AEI is always worth looking at for interesting conservative perspectives as they tend to be less overtly fawning to political candidates). The New York Post is just one of Rupert Murdoch's snotty little rags.

Good Lord and we wonder why society is declining…deal with the points raised not your opinion of the media they were presented in. Then we might actually discuss the matter at hand and not your personal opinion of various newspapers  

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Good Lord and we wonder why society is declining…deal with the points raised not your opinion of the media they were presented in. Then we might actually discuss the matter at hand and not your personal opinion of various newspapers  

I have done several times. You simply chose to ignore it.

• Like 3

Here is the independent 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/blm-taking-knee-euros-communism-b1864041.html?amp

And a quote from one of the founders 

“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers,” she said. “We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk.”

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What is myopic about disliking a shallow patronising and politicised agendas in sport ? Or are you assuming that you are morally superior because you hold a certain viewpoint? 

Calling it 'shallow and patronising' is also expressing a political view. So tbh, you are as much a participant in the politicisation of sport as the original tweet.

In fact everything you have said on this thread was about you introducing us all to your views.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The art of debate involves listening to viewpoints you disagree with not cancelling them because they don’t sit in your camp. 

Now you've started virtue signalling about debating.

• Haha 3

What is "Marxist" about the notion that black people should be given equal treatment in society, which is the fundamental tenet behind Black Lives Matter?

Heck, even the Tories in the UK are a wide tent. Big difference between someone like Theresa May and Jacob Rees-Mogg. I rarely agree with Farage, but do agree when he says we have issues with our electoral model, indeed I have probably been one of the most vocal on here to that effect.

Looks to me like the word "Marxism" is bandied around as the debate-stifler.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

What is "Marxist" about the notion that black people should be given equal treatment in society, which is the fundamental tenet behind Black Lives Matter?

Heck, even the Tories in the UK are a wide tent. Big difference between someone like Theresa May and Jacob Rees-Mogg. I rarely agree with Farage, but do agree when he says we have issues with our electoral model, indeed I have probably been one of the most vocal on here to that effect.

Looks to me like the word "Marxism" is bandied around as the debate-stifler.

As I already explain - but let me say it again for the hard of hearing. I don’t object to the anti racism messaging - I object to the movement. Similarly rainbow pride month is linked to leftist identity politics hence many gay people don’t go in for it either. 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

As I already explain - but let me say it again for the hard of hearing. I don’t object to the anti racism messaging - I object to the movement. Similarly rainbow pride month is linked to leftist identity politics hence many gay people don’t go in for it either. 

So you say that, complaining about the "movement", yet you said this a little earlier?

23 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Let me say it again. You are politicising this more than anyone else. You are part of a movement which claims 'identity politics' is a problem in our society so a fairly inane tweet become a chance for you to tell us about how Marxists BLM are.

• Like 1

I don’t belong to any political movement. I have always been a floating voter. I think people should realise that blm are politically motivated as I think they hide rather dishonestly behind populist slogans to advance their cause and I don’t think politics has a place in football. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I don’t belong to any political movement. I have always been a floating voter. I think people should realise that blm are politically motivated as I think they hide rather dishonestly behind populist slogans to advance their cause and I don’t think politics has a place in football. 

If you say you feel certain tweets should be off limits to a football club. That's political. 

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not sure how far you’d float. You post like you’ve been possessed by the Daily Mail comments section! 😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Not sure how far you’d float. You post like you’ve been possessed by the Daily Mail comments section! 😉

Never read the mail. Have voted labour and conservative in my time. I’m fairly centrist- hence my dislike of hard left and hard right fringe movements 

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

If you say you feel certain tweets should be off limits to a football club. That's political. 

No it isn’t - it’s a viewpoint that is apolitical 

When did we start using the phrase "not OK" all the time? Is there something wrong with simply using the word "wrong"? Or am I just being old-fashioned?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think people should realise that blm are politically motivated as I think they hide rather dishonestly behind populist slogans to advance their cause

Problem of course, is if white supremacy is engrained within politics then BLM by default has to be politically motivated to offset that.  So I don't doubt political motivations are pulling at some strings behind the scenes. This is true of most movements.

What I don't understand is the cause which they're advancing.  Is it a pro black supremacy, something like that?  Without knowing what this political end goal is, it's hard to make sense of what you're afraid of.

Would it be wrong for them to be political biased and yet wanting equality in opposition to that group?

Edited by Google Bot

Where are all the lesbian insults?

Two Ladies: Bridie McMahon and Wanda Harvey

Alan chatted with two lady lesbians. Alan asked a very sensitive, very thoughtful question: 'Do these slang names hurt: Lesbos, Les-be-friends, Dykes, Bulldykes, **** Van Dykes, Spare-Rib-Ticklers, Cat-Flaps, **** Footers, Knicker Pickers, Men, Backpackers, Tent-peggers, Trout fishers, Melon Farmers, Kwikfit Fitters, Baggage Handlers, Left Luggage?'

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Problem of course, is if white supremacy is engrained within politics then BLM by default has to be politically motivated to offset that.  So I don't doubt political motivations are pulling at some strings behind the scenes. This is true of most movements.

What I don't understand is the cause which they're advancing.  Is it a pro black supremacy, something like that?  Without knowing what this political end goal is, it's hard to make sense of what you're afraid of.

Would it be wrong for them to be political biased and yet wanting equality in opposition to that group?

The stated causes when they founded the movement was a total defunding of the police, the breaking down of traditional families and advancing critical race theory 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The stated causes when they founded the movement was a total defunding of the police, the breaking down of traditional families and advancing critical race theory 

Ooohh, this should be fun, what's wrong with critical race theory?

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Playing devils advocate GB - if you're accepting that an organisation like BLM may have a pro-black agenda to compensate for the pro-white agenda of white supremacists, why is one group(s) labelled "proscribed organisations" (membership of which is a criminal offence) and the other an accepted "movement"? I'm all for equality but sense an element of over-correction in the air... Controversial?