Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Moral Compasses

Given that Delia and the board and the fans like to project themselves as whiter than white, I expect that the forthcoming fixture against Newcastle will be like a Toon home game as they will be the only fans in the stadium.

Edited by Big Vince

I have an inbuilt more ale compass....it's very useful locating drinking establishments when I'm on a pub crawl.....

• Haha 1

Oh go on then, I'll bite. In what way would that prove a higher morality? Our home gate receipts don't go in to their pockets and we wouldn't be turning up to cheer Newcastle on. Looking forward to being educated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Oh go on then, I'll bite. In what way would that prove a higher morality? Our home gate receipts don't go in to their pockets and we wouldn't be turning up to cheer Newcastle on. Looking forward to being educated. 

You would be guilty by association. 

I can see the Pink Un headline now:

"Norwich fans condone beheadings"

Sub-heading:

"They watch Newcastle kick ball"

Edited by Big Vince
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Given that Delia and the board and the fans like to project themselves as whiter than white, I expect that the forthcoming fixture against Newcastle will be like a Toon home game as they will be the only fans in the stadium.

I think that's called cutting off your nose to spite your face 

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If i was Vincees nose I’d happily be separated from the rest of him.

52 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Much better to dump TV subs and stop directly funding these clubs🙃

Haven’t tv subs directly funded NCFC this season ? 😉

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Haven’t tv subs directly funded NCFC this season ? 😉

Of course. But not to the extent of the big clubs. TV subs distort sporting competition both in the prem and champs. But I guess they do give a better version of VAR...

40 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Isn't that what Delia does as soon as she's promoted to the EPL?

Refusal to compete. Won't pay the going rate. Looking for a free hit every time. Never works.

2 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Sub-heading:

"They watch Newcastle kick ball"

Sub-sub-heading:

"New match ball to be used for this game - "Mitre Said Something Wrong - Decapitated Head / Political Dissident Edition"

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

But its Oil in ManC and Newcastle's case. Gazprom with Chelsea.

While I agree with you, the bigger clubs do better with or because of TV money, if you stay in the league you get the same basic money. And the big clubs always bought the better players without TV money. Look how many we sold once we were competing well in the top flight.

And I guess that is where many see the problem. We aren't staying in the top league to increase our revenue, to buy better players to ensure we stay in the top division.

I don't see it as SKY, BT, Amazon's fault that the money has become the God of football. It is the owners and the EPL. Alan Sugar said it from the start. The money will end up with the players. And the big clubs have always had the best players.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

But its Oil in ManC and Newcastle's case. Gazprom with Chelsea.

While I agree with you, the bigger clubs do better with or because of TV money, if you stay in the league you get the same basic money. And the big clubs always bought the better players without TV money. Look how many we sold once we were competing well in the top flight.

And I guess that is where many see the problem. We aren't staying in the top league to increase our revenue, to buy better players to ensure we stay in the top division.

I don't see it as SKY, BT, Amazon's fault that the money has become the God of football. It is the owners and the EPL. Alan Sugar said it from the start. The money will end up with the players. And the big clubs have always had the best players.

See the thing is, I don't benefit from any of this charade of a sport. I don't care if we're in the PL. In fact my experience at matches gets worse every year we are up there. The trade off of football for TV is that it spoils football for supporters in the ground. I accept that some who go to games see it differently but I don't see any advantage to me for our club being in the PL or being owned by a state or whatever. I'm not interested in the reflected glory of other people's money or fawning over the TV superstar players of the top clubs. I just go to support my team. I love it when we win and am disappointed when we lose. As a supporter in the stadium I believe I can help achieve a result. Now I accept that the richest owner is more help so if a club is state owned us legacy supporters don't really have any value in comparison. 

I like the fact that my season ticket comes with a fixture list. But then it  becomes useless well before the season starts as so many games are moved for the armchair brigade.

VAR obviously improves the armchair experience but spoils the supporter experience to an unacceptable degree 

The cameraman stands in front of me to give the armchair brigade my view when they need it.

So I guess I'm part of a dying breed. Soon everyone will be a spectator fawning over the TV made superstars and seeing them in the flesh will be the only reason to go. 

I'll keep going though. Eventually they might even feature me on Sky TV as a crazy old legacy fan who still believes support matters more than other people's money.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You obviously have no  regard for the armchair plastics who frequent this forum ? 😜

9 hours ago, Big Vince said:

I don't suppose BV has ever bought anything ' Made in China ' ?

Nothing like that would ever originate from a prison , ' re-education ' camp or some other hell-hole gulag. Definitely not.....

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously have no  regard for the armchair plastics who frequent this forum ? 😜

On the contrary Tilly, I love them all.💛💚

Just find it a bit tedious when, despite all their advantages. they criticise my support of our team😉

• Like 1