Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Top of the Morning to Ya !!

Happy St Patrick's  Day, one and all.

Especially  to Eirephile Waveneyo.

I'm off to  dig up that Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow  that I can see out of my kitchen window, begorrah!!.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Happy St Patrick's  Day, one and all.

Especially  to Eirephile Waveneyo.

I'm off to  dig up that Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow  that I can see out of my kitchen window, begorrah!!.

Bejesus. 

And to you Corkio. 

Have a good one, to be sure, to be sure. 

I know this will seem grumpy but I have no idea why everyone wishes each other happy paddy’s day, I’m English. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I know this will seem grumpy but I have no idea why everyone wishes each other happy paddy’s day, I’m English. 

You seem. Grumpy, never. 

Why do non Christians celebrate Christmas / Easter etc and exchange gifts / eggs and the like.......same thing really. 

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I’ll leave you to wish the jocks and taffs happy St George’s day when it comes round then ! 😁

Wait until happy Friday tomorrow FF, you never know. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You seem. Grumpy, never. 

Why do non Christians celebrate Christmas / Easter etc and exchange gifts / eggs and the like.......same thing really. 

I don't celebrate Christmas. I hate it. Apart from the football, food and alcohol of course. 

And I really couldn't care less about St Patrick's day although I hope WCC has a very good time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely to see all residents of the British isles joining one another in such a unified fashion to celebrate the Irish Saints Day,  ill be watching the local parade later  as my grandson is taking part. ...dresssed as a leprechaun!! Something I must photograph, for future use in blackmail 😇👍😉

• Haha 1

Happy St Paddy's Day!

Used to be one of the best night's out in the city when I actually went out in the city. Who gives a **** if the revelers are Irish or not? Any excuse for a party. My mother's parents were both from the island of Ireland so I'll be using it as an excuse to break my week long alcohol abstinence (triggered by getting so smashed at Chelsea last week I can't remember the match at all, which might be a good thing).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ll leave you to wish the jocks and taffs happy St George’s day when it comes round then ! 😁

St George was Greek. 

It is perhaps ironic that the person whose flag forms the English national flag would not be able to get a visa to stay in the UK! I have looked and dragon slaying is not an eligible occupation!

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

St George was Greek. 

It is perhaps ironic that the person whose flag forms the English national flag would not be able to get a visa to stay in the UK! I have looked and dragon slaying is not an eligible occupation!

Unless you can earn £26,000 a year doing it!

Oh, and technically St Patrick was British.

Edited by canarydan23

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Bejesus. 

And to you Corkio. 

Have a good one, to be sure, to be sure. 

Cheers Greavsyo, tis the day for the high stool , gods tears are washing away the sins of the year, time to be sat by a real turf fire and see how the Jamieson 18yr old single malt is tasting. Bacon and cabbage for dinner  too.  

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Cheers Greavsyo, tis the day for the high stool , gods tears are washing away the sins of the year, time to be sat by a real turf fire and see how the Jamieson 18yr old single malt is tasting. Bacon and cabbage for dinner  too.  

Shamefully given my Irish ancestry I'm more of a Scotch man, but I'll be having a Bushmills or two this evening.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Unless you can earn £26,000 a year doing it!

No chance! Checked several recruitment agencies and not a single vacancy for dragon slayers! His best chance is to hop onto a dingy at Calais?

Edited by Badger
clarified sentence

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

No chance! Checked several recruitment agencies and not a single vacancy for dragon slayers! His best chance is to hop onto a dingy at Calais?

He'd need to be careful where he pointed that sword on one of them boats.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh god the plastic fans are out 

Corrected that for you my friend. 🙂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh god the plastic paddies will be out any minute.. Yes, you are indeed 100 percent a full blooded irishman as your great great grandads cousin once drank a pint of Guinness 

Let your mask of jolly CC  slip a bit there Cambridgeo . Good job no one takes you seriously,  ever.

Why so negative?

Does other people enjoying themselves  upset you?

Apologies for starting a thread without getting your permission.  

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Lovely to see all residents of the British isles joining one another in such a unified fashion to celebrate the Irish Saints Day,  ill be watching the local parade later  as my grandson is taking part. ...dresssed as a leprechaun!! Something I must photograph, for future use in blackmail 😇👍😉

Haven’t got the slightest problem with you celebrating corky, have a good time 😉

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Let your mask of jolly CC  slip a bit there Cambridgeo . Good job no one takes you seriously,  ever.

Why so negative?

Does other people enjoying themselves  upset you?

Apologies for starting a thread without getting your permission.  

Oh come on, as if im being serious And as if I care about people making threads make as many as you want.. Bet you wont make as many as me though 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Haven’t got the slightest problem with you celebrating corky, have a good time 😉

Cheers Franko, have a few hours work to do before the parade at 3pm, but the sky's clearing and  as Bill Qithers said its gonna be a ' lovely day'.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh come on, as if im being serious And as if I care about people making threads make as many as you want.. Bet you wont make as many as me though 😉

Ha ha no biggie Cambridgeo,  I have no intention ( or time) to compete with you.  I salute  your motto... " quantity over quality " .... you are Stuart Webber  and I claim  my 76milluon Roubles, after midday this will be 100 million Roubles.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That pesky restraining order still in place then ? 😀😉

18 months to go.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Could not agree more FF as this fascination by the English to celebrate this and Burns Night for that matter always has me asking what they do in Paddyland and Jockland to celebrate St Georges Day. The answer is didderly squat.

• Like 1