Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

We don't need a stadium expansion then...

Increased capacity is an extremely long term asset in football terms.

Not sure how one game moved at short notice to a Thursday night, after a massive defeat and when we are playing so poorly is some indication that long term sustainable planning for the clubs future is unnecessary.

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's the retirees stand though, surely a bovril and blanket would sort them out? 

Travelling from Birmingham for a midweek kick off I can tell you is not cheap. It used to cost £50 there and back, now it’s £82.00. We have only missed a couple of games in the last many seasons, when allowed into the ground. Last night was a crazy kick off time as well as short notice. This meant leaving work at 2:30 ( both me and my son ) so on top of fuel we would also lose income. 
Had the game been it’s nominated date we wouldn’t have had to think twice, however because of the situation forced on us by the EPL we had decided not to travel. At lunchtime we did change our mind ( we are lower Barclay). Sitting near us we have a couple that travel further than us, they said they weren’t travelling, we also had a couple that because of the short notice could not get the time off work. There were also many new faces in our area who had been given a ticket as the holder of the season ticket couldn’t attend this crazy kick off time.

Blame the EPL not your fellow supporters, given the opportunity Chelsea would probably have been able to sell out the whole of the Jarrold, and most of those not attending in the home areas would have been season ticket holders, so even if they were not there they would still have been counted as being there.

We are supported by fans from all around the country, in these difficult times it’s not a good idea to start criticising those supporters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Blame the EPL not your fellow supporters

+

We are supported by fans from all around the country, in these difficult times it’s not a good idea to start criticising those supporters.

Show me where I've criticised supporters please? 

I've already said the Bovril and blanket thing was tongue in cheek, there is no criticism of any fans, only an observation regarding empty seats.

It wasn't just in the bovril and blanket stand, significant numbers behind the goal in the Riverend too. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It wasn't just in the bovril and blanket stand, significant numbers behind the goal in the Riverend too. 

I thought the River End was where the Bovril and blanket brigade sat!

But seriously, in the City stand the same seats have been empty all season, suggesting some families have decided not to attend post pandemic.  Why they can't offer up their seats though is the bigger frustration, although agreed that last night there was little chance of any demand for them given the last minute switch of time and the early kick off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

They would only sell if people were scrabbling for tickets due to a sell out crowd which we haven't had bar a handful of games this season. Your comment about the same seats being empty is well wide of the mark Ken.

That's not true, that block of about 8 seats about 6 rows back in the photo is always empty but never available. Last few games I've tried to get 2 tickets together so my daughter can come with me and there's only been  singles available. It's just selfishness from those hanging onto seats that they have no intention of using 

2 hours ago, daly said:

Because the “””old duffers”””  don’t need the peanuts the club offers

See my reply to Tilly, maybe they could just stop being so bloody selfish so people who want more than individual tickets can go 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I thought the River End was where the Bovril and blanket brigade sat!

But seriously, in the City stand the same seats have been empty all season, suggesting some families have decided not to attend post pandemic.  Why they can't offer up their seats though is the bigger frustration, although agreed that last night there was little chance of any demand for them given the last minute switch of time and the early kick off. 

I thought the River End was the snooker/angling stand? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

although agreed that last night there was little chance of any demand for them given the last minute switch of time and the early kick off. 

Plus the high ticket price.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Armchair brigade discussing supporters attending games....

🙃😂

Erm, I think you'll find they're discussing supporters NOT attending games 😏🤣

• Haha 2

There should be more casual tickets available this season as because of covid ST holders were given the option of carrying their ticket over to the 22/23 season. I know some of the more vulnerable did this.

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah that happened after having kids, a trip to Carrow Road is a weekend with her left dealing with the kids on her own. 

I'll escape a bit more when the oldest is big enough to come with me on a long train journey, I'll get them following Norwich and she can't argue with the kid wanting to go to Carrow Road can she 🤣

Fair points well made.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's not true, that block of about 8 seats about 6 rows back in the photo is always empty but never available. Last few games I've tried to get 2 tickets together so my daughter can come with me and there's only been  singles available. It's just selfishness from those hanging onto seats that they have no intention of using 

Maybe it is selfishness but as the Club is aware that it has made a conscious decision in the past to allocate 90% of home capacity to season ticket holders, perhaps it also ought to be more proactive in resolving?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

When my wife let me, I live almost 200 miles away.

I'm a frequent away fan, have been that way for many years. 

What's the relevance please, when we are apparently discussing seats which are bought and paid for by season ticket holders? These people are opting to not use a ticket that they have already paid for.

This is a rummun old kettle of fish Juggy. I thought after 26 years as a st holder you gave it up in the spring of 2020.

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

That's a novel take on Cullumgate. I think you mean the excellent marketing supremo we had with a similarish name I cannot just now remember who was poached for a top job at MK Dons.🤓

Was amazed it took that long for someone to pick up on the typo 😂

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah that happened after having kids, a trip to Carrow Road is a weekend with her left dealing with the kids on her own. 

I'll escape a bit more when the oldest is big enough to come with me on a long train journey, I'll get them following Norwich and she can't argue with the kid wanting to go to Carrow Road can she 🤣

This is my hope too...first one is only 2 so I'm hoping when he's old enough I can get trips to CR in as 'father/son bonding time' rather than '****ing off all day Saturday to get pissed and shout swear words.'

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, king canary said:

This is my hope too...first one is only 2 so I'm hoping when he's old enough I can get trips to CR in as 'father/son bonding time' rather than '****ing off all day Saturday to get pissed and shout swear words.'

You can do that again together when he’s 18. 

• Like 1

Lack of demand for single and restricted view seats does not imply lack of demand for multiple/better seats. A group of 3 mates hoping to sit together in the Barclay are unlikely to say "I know, let's all sit separately in the Wensum corner!" when they can't get those tickets. 

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I have to disagree with respect Ken as i am slap bang two rows in front of those empty seats you have identified in the photo in Row B Seat 59 and there is only ever an odd seat here and there around me in that area which are empty at any game. Can i point out these people who you describe as selfish have bought and paid for those seats a year upfront and made a substantial financial commitment without knowing what product is going to be dished up during that season.I thibk you have to take into consideration that there could well be other things at play other than covid and selfishness.

Edited by TIL 1010

How about yesterday was also a short notice rearranged Bank-Holiday and there was no public transport which probably affected the attendance?....

Haven't heard that one yet.....

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

How about yesterday was also a short notice rearranged Bank-Holiday and there was no public transport which probably affected the attendance?....

Haven't heard that one yet.....

Pancake day was only 2 days earlier too. 

• Confused 1