Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Have Norwich made it to Liverpool?

Saw in the presser that we're supposed to be flying up today. Rather them than me. Any of you guys who follow Carl Cort's flights from Vladivostok to Riverside Morrison's on deadline day have any idea whether they made it safe and sound? I have visions of us not getting there till tomorrow lunchtime and being 3-0 down after ten mins...

29 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Saw in the presser that we're supposed to be flying up today. Rather them than me. Any of you guys who follow Carl Cort's flights from Vladivostok to Riverside Morrison's on deadline day have any idea whether they made it safe and sound? I have visions of us not getting there till tomorrow lunchtime and being 3-0 down after ten mins...

Afternoon cocktails are now being poured with a fine selection of vol-au-vents to nibble on. 

15 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Flight estimated to depart at 15:55

Yet to take off

Cheers for the update 

Get to flight radar guys, forget all the military jets around Ukraine lets see if we can spot ours taking off 😉

I had to drive about an hour and a half this evening, winds much calmer now. 

I noticed my car mileage is 65351 and couldn’t help thinking that formation might get us a result on Saturday 😀

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Afternoon cocktails are now being poured with a fine selection of vol-au-vents to nibble on. 

That’s Delias free flight 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That’s Delias free flight 

Pretty sure it’s been said several times they pay for their own flights. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Pretty sure it’s been said several times they pay for their own flights. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Yeah the board probably all chip in an' throw a couple o' grand each into an empty champagne ice bucket to cover the charter jet flight costs. The board apparently toss their loose change into the same bucket as a whip round for the crew. I understand that they also give the jockey marks out of 10 for the quality of the landings.....

Feel free to prove me wrong though.....

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Feel free to prove me wrong

Our Squad and others are due to return on a flight to Norwich Airport from Liverpool Airport at around 8.00pm tonight......The empty coaches returning to Norwich will take roughly 5 hours.....Money to burn.....

I can see the argument for the recovery process to start asap. Sitting on a bus for 5 hours (pretty good going actually) aint great for stretching out the legs. 

Many of them will be reporting to Colney tomorrow for a bit of treatment, massages etc so we don't want a lot of faffing around tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can see the argument for the recovery process to start asap. Sitting on a bus for 5 hours (pretty good going actually) aint great for stretching out the legs. 

Many of them will be reporting to Colney tomorrow for a bit of treatment, massages etc so we don't want a lot of faffing around tonight.

However did pro-footballers cope all those years ago?.....

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Exactly. Anything that gives us a better chance against Southampton is money well spent.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Exactly. Anything that gives us a better chance against Southampton is money well spent.

How about a helicopter gunship?......

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

However did pro-footballers cope all those years ago?.....

It was a level playing field though. Nowadays elite sport is down to marginal gains with players treated like 'machines'. Clubs with the best processes and facilities etc have more chance of being better.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

It was a level playing field though. Nowadays elite sport is down to marginal gains with players treated like 'machines'. Clubs with the best processes and facilities etc have more chance of being better.

But we're a self fumbling club, how can we afford all these luxuries?......

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Our Squad and others are due to return on a flight to Norwich Airport from Liverpool Airport at around 8.00pm tonight......The empty coaches returning to Norwich will take roughly 5 hours.....Money to burn.....

Maybe they only paid for a one way trip 🤣

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Maybe they only paid for a one way trip 🤣

I'm sure they didn't....it costs to dispatch a jet to collect as well as deliver, as it is after all an Air Taxi.....

Smith accepts there are many areas of her life where impressive reductions could be made to her carbon footprint, and says she's ready and keen to take up the 10:10 challenge. But what, I wonder, will she find hardest to cut back on? "I could easily do without ever going to an airport again. That would probably be the easiest thing to give up if I had to."

she’s still thinking about it then.