yellowrider120

Forget Russia poised to invade Ukraine!

Some 7000 South Folk infidels will be revving up their tanks and light armoured vehicles for the short trip across to the roundabout town of Milton Keynes. TWTD salivating over this and have been for last two weeks or so. Pity the previous Dons manager was not still in place and he could 'do a job on them'.  Anyway let's hope the boy Liam Manning can send them packing with tails very firmly between South Folk legs! 

Some of them set a lot of store upon the size of their away support, for some reason.

They studiously count every ticket sold, down to the last available.

Having done many more away games than home in recent years I notice that our own seems pretty strong on a consistent basis. 

I've never counted them though.

What is the usual, out of interest?

I wouldn't say that it gets near 7, 000, but then we never really create these special event scenarios, having nothing to prove being the  top club in Anglia for so long now.

Edited by BroadstairsR

MK Don's is a plasitc fraudulent club in a fraudulent city only known for roundabouts and fake cows.

Never forgive, never forget. It it possible for two clubs to lose? Don't want either of them to win.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Some of them set a lot of store upon the size of their away support, for some reason.

They studiously count every ticket sold, down to the last available.

Having done many more away games than home in recent years I notice that our own seems pretty strong on a consistent basis. 

I've never counted them though.

What is the usual, out of interest?

I wouldn't say that it gets near 7, 000, but then we never really create these special event scenarios, having nothing to prove being the  top club in Anglia for so long now.

Ahem 

Spurs away in the cup ?

Wigan away in the previous promotion season?

can’t do it in the Prem only in minor leagues at clubs with big grounds that they can’t fill.

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

MK Don's is a plasitc fraudulent club in a fraudulent city only known for roundabouts and fake cows.

Never forgive, never forget. It it possible for two clubs to lose? Don't want either of them to win.

Were you even born when MK Dons were formed?

53 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ahem. You mention Milton Keynes and I'll raise you Skelmersdale. It's the only place I know where cars registered there have wheels on pivots instead of axles.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hilarious. Ho ho ho.

It's not a joke. I honestly thought you were early twenties at the latest by your posts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Didn’t Liverpool only get formed when Everton moved out of Anfield?  Hopefully in a 100 years time everyone will have forgiven them and made up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Ahem 

Spurs away in the cup ?

Wigan away in the previous promotion season?

can’t do it in the Prem only in minor leagues at clubs with big grounds that they can’t fill.

Oh. I'm not suggesting that we cannot outnumber their away support by some distance when the occasion demands, that's not in doubt. Those were genuine special event scenarios, whereas making such a big event of a League One fixture at MK Dons when the club only has a very outside chance of even reaching the play-offs seems somewhat created.

Nevertheless they are making an enormous deal of it and the match has now even been called their "Cup Final" (yet another.) in some quarters.

It does seem that if they do lose this afternoon then any remnant of hope of them avoiding a fourth season in the basement areas will have finally evaporated.

With City being broadcast later one could even be tempted to seek out a binner stream for the purpose of, hopefully, getting a nice helping of schadenfreude.

However, the lure of an hour or two of sychronised knitting from Estonian televison is usually hard to resist on such occasions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I’m with you

f@&k Franchise FC

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Every Norwich fan wants Ipswich to lose end of. Only if the result of the game directly affected us would I want them to win.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh. I'm not suggesting that we cannot outnumber their away support by some distance when the occasion demands, that's not in doubt. Those were genuine special event scenarios, whereas making such a big event of a League One fixture at MK Dons when the club only has a very outside chance of even reaching the play-offs seems somewhat created.

Nevertheless they are making an enormous deal of it and the match has now even been called their "Cup Final" (yet another.) in some quarters.

It does seem that if they do lose this afternoon then any remnant of hope of them avoiding a fourth season in the basement areas will have finally evaporated.

With City being broadcast later one could even be tempted to seek out a binner stream for the purpose of, hopefully, getting a nice helping of schadenfreude.

However, the lure of an hour or two of sychronised knitting from Estonian televison is usually hard to resist on such occasions.

Unfortunately I wouldn't call being six points off sixth place a 'very outside chance' though. 

12 hours ago, Newtopia said:

Didn’t Liverpool only get formed when Everton moved out of Anfield?  Hopefully in a 100 years time everyone will have forgiven them and made up.

There is a big difference in moving a mile away within the same city and what happened to Wimbledon. I am with Cambridge on this.......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't call being six points off sixth place a 'very outside chance' though. 

One can but hope. Haven't the others games in hand?

I think their recent elevation is because they scraped two narrow wins against the bottom clubs.

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

There is a big difference in moving a mile away within the same city and what happened to Wimbledon. I am with Cambridge on this.......

Fair enough.

I have to be honest, I feel really sorry for the original Wimbledon fans, for them it was terrible.

I just think it is almost 20 years ago, and the problems started 10 years before that, at the time club at the time tried very hard to stay in the Borough, it is too binary to say the fault lay with the club. The local council and residents did everything they could to stop the clubs development.  In contrast Milton Keynes supported the construction of a modern stadium and facilities.  We are so lucky to have owners who respect the ties our club have with the community, and have ensured we have the stadium and facilities needed for a top football club.

It is definitely not the fault of the current MK Dons fans, undermining their validity must be frustrating, especially for any of their fans who are younger than 30, and did not personally decide to move the club, but who love their club as much as we love Norwich.  The bigger issue in football are all these multi millionaire owners who believe premiership football is all that matters.  It has stopped being a fair competition and the owners have no connection with their fan base, but the fans are happy as long as they are successful.  It is a fine line between being a Man City - Leicester - Newcastle - Fulham - Bournemouth - Hull - Derby.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good luck to them, they are an absolutely nothing club with virtually zero outside interest or support from anyone outside their area such is their currant standing in football.

Good luck to MK Dons as well.

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It is definitely not the fault of the current MK Dons fans, undermining their validity must be frustrating, especially for any of their fans who are younger than 30, and did not personally decide to move the club, but who love their club as much as we love Norwich.

Good point as if there wasn’t a club in MK those supporters would be wearing Liverpool or Man City shirts 

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

Good luck to them, they are an absolutely nothing club with virtually zero outside interest or support from anyone outside their area such is their currant standing in football.

Good luck to MK Dons as well.

...........that's due to their owner Sul Tana presumably 😉

I'll get me coat 😳

• Haha 1