Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Man City - They're not the best in the World

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Pep says so;

Man City 2-0 Brentford: Goals in each half enough as City swat aside brave Bees - BBC Sport

I have a sneaky suspicion he is playing mind games with us...........

So, a draw is possible then?

Pep can afford to say things to the press that many would find surprising. A bit like when DF more or less said, we don't stand a chance against them.

He has the best squad in the EPL and maybe Europe and a less than polished performance against a team struggling allows him to mildly criticise. They do not have to be the best in the world to beat us in reality.

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They do not have to be the best in the world to beat us in reality.

Just the best on the day in Carrow Road. So it's 50/50 then? 😉

37 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Pep says so;

Man City 2-0 Brentford: Goals in each half enough as City swat aside brave Bees - BBC Sport

I have a sneaky suspicion he is playing mind games with us...........

So, a draw is possible then?

They had Fernandinho, Grealish, Gundogan, Walker, Ake, Zinchenko on the bench. They will all be ready to start Saturday 

Unfortunately you don't have to be the best in the world when you're playing Norwich this season.

Although they didn't win Palace ' owned ' us last night and I think it's fair to say Man City are considerably better.

Bill Hill has us at 18/1 to win which sounds pretty stingy even in a three horse race

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Has everyone forgot the last time we played them at home ?

Indeed, and we matched their 4-2-3-1 that day.

Team selection and formation will be critical. I'd be very worried if we start 4-4-2 with Placheta. If Sargent isn't available I'd be tempted to put Byram in.

The fact is all sides have off days, Man City can absolutely blow any side away, but can also struggle at times.  We need to hope they aren’t at their best on Saturday, while we will definitely need to be at our’s.

Guys we have  20-80% possession 2nd half against Palace who win 1 game all season away !?

Do we really have any chance with this approach against Man City?

No more than 5 % for me who realistically mean close to zero...

Josh was big miss for us and our midfield not working in this pair Kenny-lees M...

I not hope for any  pts and next 2 games only pray for  damage limitation .

Then regroup and give a fight to Saints and Brentford.

Still believe fa cup games is luxury for us and we look no fresh yesterday and same time play at Anfield next round just before game of the season h Brentford.

On my head was must win this game last night but we win too many games last weeks with average performance so was not normal to win one more this way.

Didn’t see this thread before I posted one, will take mine down. 
Man City will beat us and it will be a painful watch. We absolutely cannot expect to get any kind of result and we know that possession will be close to 80% in their favour. It’s going to be a lot of clearances and backs to the wall stuff unless a bigger miracle than winning with Amadou at CB can take place. 
looking forward to a pie and pint though. 

sweary

19 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Indeed, and we matched their 4-2-3-1 that day.

Team selection and formation will be critical. I'd be very worried if we start 4-4-2 with Placheta. If Sargent isn't available I'd be tempted to put Byram in.

I would never play Placheta again. He offers zero especially if he plays an essentially wing back / defensive role on the right side when he's a left footed player! Much better playing another midfielder there (Rupp preferably) in absence of Sargent.