NWC

Max Value?

According to the Mail, Manyoo are after Tariq Lamptey from Brighton who value him at £40 million.

If true, that would seem to put Max's value significantly higher than a lot of people would imagine. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/59971483

2 minutes ago, NWC said:

According to the Mail, Manyoo are after Tariq Lamptey from Brighton who value him at £40 million.

If true, that would seem to put Max's value significantly higher than a lot of people would imagine. 

I think his value is dropping week on week... was at fault for the second goal yesterday.

• Like 2

I Think it is hard to say really 

if he was in a good team with just his job to worry about and a Good CB next to him i think you would see a better player 

This Season is it Max or is it that others make him look worse as they are not covering for him etc 

is he thinking i can not play my natural game and bomb forward as he is worried about the CB's pace ? 

i am sure a young English Full back with his pace and engine with the right CB and Manager would be a good signing a lot of teams 

• Like 1

Great attitude, model professional but not as good as we think now sadly. To think Norwich wanted £70m combined for him and Todd, we’d be lucky to get £30m for the pair now. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, NWC said:

His value is decreasing by the minute and I don't see his own confidence being at this moment anything like it was before. 

I reckon Aarons value depends a lot on how desperate the buying club are to have him, if we were desperate to sell around 12M, if Brighton came after selling Lamptey for 40M I reckon 20M.

10 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think his value is dropping week on week... was at fault for the second goal yesterday.

That's a tough call. What was Max supposed to do, let his man create space and shoot from 6yds out with no pressure?

7 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

if he was in a good team with just his job to worry about and a Good CB next to him i think you would see a better player 

This Season is it Max or is it that others make him look worse as they are not covering for him etc 

is he thinking i can not play my natural game and bomb forward as he is worried about the CB's pace ? 

i am sure a young English Full back with his pace and engine with the right CB and Manager would be a good signing a lot of teams 

I would say that it's a combination of the players around him not allowing him to be comfortable to push up with confidence, as well as the style of play having shifted somewhat to a more direct style, which removes Max from a portion of the build-up play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Fair comment. But going forward he's nothing special at this level, and his final ball is awful. Certainly not as good as Tariq Lamptey attacking wise. In hindsight, we should have sold whilst potential was inflating his fee. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

32 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Fair comment. But going forward he's nothing special at this level, and his final ball is awful. Certainly not as good as Tariq Lamptey attacking wise. In hindsight, we should have sold whilst potential was inflating his fee. 

yes having thought about it you are right 

End Product Has to improve either by assists or shots / goals to be worth 40 mil  

I’d guess at around £25m. Young, English, over 150 appearances, model professional with lots of pace, great engine. He will stay up this time or go abroad, no way is he coming back down again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

That's what most clubs tend to do, holding on to players past their "sell by" date.. and then there's outlier clubs like Chelsea who don't mind selling for example Lukaku and Hazard for loads £M, knowing they have the financial muscle to buy them back if they so wish.

Tariq Lampte is playing in a team that will be prem next year. Max is not.  His value is no were near the value of a prem player