Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Norwich City v Derby County match thread

Norwich City: Green, Fleming, Rehman, Doherty, Drury, Johansson, Safri, Hughes, Huckerby, Thorne, Earnshaw.Subs: Gallacher, McKenzie, McVeigh, Colin, Robinson.

Look who isn''t dropped again, our friend and mine Andy Hughes even though Robinson is on the bench. Not sure about Thorne I would have prefered McKenzie! Lets hope Hughes and Thorne prove me wrong!

[quote user="Safri15"]Hughes has gone off injured. Bingo!
[/quote]

No Offence to him but good! This could help our season!

[quote user="mighty yellow"]Why do we have to keep winning? .[/quote]

Is that serious or sarcasm!? Just curious..

2-0, Huckerby scores to seal the game.

[quote user="mighty yellow"]Why do we have to keep winning?[/quote]

Go support Sunderland then...

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="Safri15"]Hughes has gone off injured. Bingo![/quote]

[/quote]

Offence to him, he''s useless.

[quote user="Safri15"]

Offence to him, he''s useless. [/quote]If thats your attitude to any player in a city shirt, then I suggest you go **** yourself.We don''t need you.

[quote user="Safri15"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="Safri15"]Hughes has gone off injured. Bingo!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Offence to him, he''s useless. 
[/quote]

I''ve just come back from the match and before he went off he played very well, get off his back, anyone who pulls on the shirt for our club deserves our support.

We won, and deserved to win. We should have had another 2 goals. But it wasn''t good football from us, or not good attacking football because the defence was pretty solid. We did very little good passing - again IMO more the fault of the players off the ball than the guy with the ball - and the usual problems are still there - central midfield and the right wing. Johansson is NOT a right winger - he''s too ungainly and slow. He''s much better in the middle, where he''s Ashton-like. It was better when McVeigh and Mackenzie came on. McVeigh must start, I think we should drop Thorn and put Johansson up front with Earnie. I''d actually prefer us to find a right winger and put McVeigh alongside Safri, because that''s where we really lack. Hughes was definitely better than Robinson, though that doesn''t say much because Robbo didn''t really contribute anything. All in all it reminded me of the promotion season, when it was sound defence and Huckerby that got us results. Thank God he''s back with us, though he''s lost a bit of pace.

For those who didn''t see the game, or had to listen to Roy Waller - don''t be fooled by the scoreline, we''re nothing like the threat we should be. We''re still playing like 11 strangers, and that has to be a coaching issue. It was marginally better than the last game, which was marginally better than the Ipswich game, but it''s painfully slow progress.

Old Boy,

I thought that Johansson did excellently out wide today before he got knackered in the second half and provided the derby defence with problems that allowed Huckerby to show what he can do when he isn''t instantly swamped by 3 or 4 defenders.

You may suggest, but I don''t think I shall be taking your well thought, knowledgeable advice. Thanks Anyway.

However, have you seen him play well? As in, been quite impressive? Or, to be fair, anything better than average?

No. Neither have I.

If you think Hughes is anything near what a footballer should be, you

need your head seeing to. Although I think I gathered that upon reading

your earlier post.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

great win against a top derby side..   lets hope we get a quality result at palace....

[/quote]

a top Derby side who are just outside the relegation places . . . the win won''t exactly be striking fear into the rest of the division

I don''t agree perm - Huckerby was even more lively after Johansson went off, probably because McVeigh came on! And JJ isn''t very fast, and he hasn''t got quick feet, and you at least need those atributes to be a - well, not a winger, because we don''t do wingers - a wide midfielder. He just doesn''t look likely to create much out wide, whereas I think he''ll be more dangerous alongside Earnie. And Earnie was great, though he missed chances. He works hard, he can tackle, and he gets stuck in. It looks like he''s determined to make a go of it.

I''ve got a horrible feeling that the pattern has been set now, because we''ve won 2 games - Thorn starts, and McVeigh and Mckenzie come on after 67 minutes. I''m sure there are better options out there.

When I said it was marginally better than Tuesday, I meant in the passing and attacking creativity - the defence was substantially better. Tuesday showed Huckerby waking up from his 18 month sleep, and today he took that further. But the passing was generally rubbish, and the hole in midfield is still there.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

I don''t agree perm - Huckerby was even more lively after Johansson went off, probably because McVeigh came on! And JJ isn''t very fast, and he hasn''t got quick feet, and you at least need those atributes to be a - well, not a winger, because we don''t do wingers - a wide midfielder. He just doesn''t look likely to create much out wide, whereas I think he''ll be more dangerous alongside Earnie. And Earnie was great, though he missed chances. He works hard, he can tackle, and he gets stuck in. It looks like he''s determined to make a go of it.

I''ve got a horrible feeling that the pattern has been set now, because we''ve won 2 games - Thorn starts, and McVeigh and Mckenzie come on after 67 minutes. I''m sure there are better options out there.

When I said it was marginally better than Tuesday, I meant in the passing and attacking creativity - the defence was substantially better. Tuesday showed Huckerby waking up from his 18 month sleep, and today he took that further. But the passing was generally rubbish, and the hole in midfield is still there.

[/quote] It was much better (IMO) we did pass the ball better in the first half, hughes was having a decent game until he got injured and we looked far better than we have for a while. I would suggest that this was partly due to the better support from us!! Second half was a bit frustrating as we spent long periods defending too deep but that might be a confidence thing. we will see

Old Boy,

Okey-doke, well we''ve all got our own opinion. I would agree however that we should use another option than Thorne up front (either Leon, or Johansson with Mcveigh out wider). I also thought we improved when we made the switch in the second half but thought that it was more due to JJ tiring as he did excellently in the first half, IMO. Not saying everything was hunky dory, but I still think you''re being harsh in saying it was only marginally better than the previous games. 

I thought JJ2 looked OK out wide, I also thought he tired badly. I would love to see McVeigh start, not sure where though. Robbo looked poor when he came on and I thought we looked a worse side when Hughes went off (still can''t believe that one!!). I''m not sure we can carry both JJ2 and Hucks in midfield especially if we can''t find a decent partner for Safri. For me I would give JJ2 and Earnie a go although a lot depends on whether JJ2 will be signed in the summer as I think we need to be looking at next season.

However, have you seen him play well? As in, been quite impressive? Or, to be fair, anything better than average?

Have you ever actually seen him play?  Like as in play live?  Just an innocent question.

i thought hooz did very well yesterday...

i still cant see why everyone likes Robinson... chap behind me was right when he said that Robinson normally finds a city shirt when he passes... but he consistently goes missing and bottles tackles...might get away with it sometimes but against better teams it will be like having 10 men

jas :)

[quote user="Chris Miller"]

Urff, more moaning, why do I bother wasting my time even looking at this site, We are winning aren''t we.  WORTY IN.......Super Angry [8o|]

[/quote]

yep we have won 2 games against poor teams....  we are also 11th having lost more games than we have won....  Let''s see where we finish at the end of the season.  People moan because we have been UTTER **** this season.